• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Paris: 12 dead, 7 injured

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I missed one of the London 7/7 tube bombings by 24 hours, so yeah, it's a question I've pondered. Co-incidentally I missed an IRA pub bombing in Birmingham by 24 hours back in the 1970s. I'm not condoning what the IRA did, but at least they had a political agenda. But what the hell are these Islamics trying to achieve? Their agenda seems to be terror for the sake of terror, a vengeful lashing out at anything different.
Sadly, the RF rulebook precludes me from giving a full and frank answer as to the "what". No doubt Muslims all over RF would soon be in full meltdown.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I saw the figure as to how many left in 2014, and it was in the tens of thousands, if my memory is correct.
And sadly.....it's probably just the beginning.....there are over 300k Jews in France.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A most sad, tragic and terrible situation.
Thoughts offered to all families of the wounded and dead.
I hope that the murderers are caught.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Spiny Norman said:
I missed one of the London 7/7 tube bombings by 24 hours, so yeah, it's a question I've pondered. Co-incidentally I missed an IRA pub bombing in Birmingham by 24 hours back in the 1970s

Well I never.....
My daughter missed the 7/7 bus bomb by 50 yards and 2 minutes. My wife and I missed them by 15 hours.
.... and I heard the Guildford pub bomb go off.

I thought that we had probs in the UK....... oh dear.....

Nyingjé Tso

Dharma not drama
It's been all over the news here for the whole day...

There are already massive movements of people that will gather soon in Paris and other big cities to show their support to Charlie hebdo and freedom of speech.
The journal and the cartoonists were well known for their satyrical cartoons about politicians, and extreme religious leaders or movements.

"Charb", the director (dead now...) was a very strong willed man who already faced death threats and a first attack few years ago. This is what he said:
"Je n'ai pas peur des représailles. Je n'ai pas de gosses, pas de femme, pas de voiture, pas de crédit. ça fait sûrement un peu pompeux, mais je préfère mourir debout que vivre à genoux."

"I am not afraid of retaliation. I don't have childrens, no woman, no car, no debt. It may looks a little pompous, but I prefer to die standing than kneeling"

Cabu, Wolinski, Tignous and Charb, director and very famous cartoonists died. Everyone on facebook groups and individuals are also paying hommage to the dead cop, Ahmed, 42 years old.

It's sad to see this happen over a cartoon. Charlie wasn't against Islam, they mocked every extreme, should it be political or religious or whatever, and they valued their freedom to do so.
10917898_1518665925083109_6621062586115447006_n.jpg

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I can remember many years ago in the UK when the Monty Python film "The life of Brian" came out, there was a bit of a fuss and some Christian groups protested outside cinemas and such like.
But opening up with AKs? :confused:
Exactly. If Muslims want to protest, do it. But for god's sake, do it peacefully and respectfully. Signs and the like, not ammunition and death.