• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Paris: 12 dead, 7 injured

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Topic: A Joke to Me...is an Insult to You

With the tragic slaughter in Paris...one must wonder....is a joke to me....an insult to you...????....I would be interested in hearing from my Muslim brothers and sisters about this....?????

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Topic: A Joke to Me...is an Insult to You

With the tragic slaughter in Paris...one must wonder....is a joke to me....an insult to you...????
It does have an effect on self-censorship. I post cartoons making fun of Jesus all the time, but a post of the Prophet with a bomb on his head will be poofed in short order.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
France don't deserve this , it's one of farvorite and great country which host 4 millions Algerians !!! among 5 or 6 millions Muslims !!!

I hope these criminals will captured soon , and judged for this tragedy crime .

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
France don't deserve this , it's one of farvorite and great country which host 4 millions Algerians !!! among 5 or 6 millions Muslims !!!

I hope these criminals will captured soon , and judged for this tragedy crime .
Godobeyer....Saleem Alechem....peace to you, brother. .....As a Muslim....
Can you please explain to us what you believe is in the mind of the perpetrators....?.....I believe it is what I wrote as the topic of my post.

Also...if my speculation is correct. ..what is in the mind of these people to kill 12 people over an insult...?....is it lack of education, ethics, morality....or other reason. ...????

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
'No Recoil, No Blood, No Body Movement'

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I missed one of the London 7/7 tube bombings by 24 hours, so yeah, it's a question I've pondered. Co-incidentally I missed an IRA pub bombing in Birmingham by 24 hours back in the 1970s. I'm not condoning what the IRA did, but at least they had a political agenda. But what the hell are these Islamics trying to achieve? Their agenda seems to be terror for the sake of terror, a vengeful lashing out at anything different.
It's still politics.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
It's still politics.

So what are the political aims of Islamic jihadists? Do they want to overthrow corrupt western societies, establish a world-wide caliphate, destroy the "crusaders"? What do you think?

What was the political agenda behind today's outrage?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So what are the political aims of Islamic jihadists? Do they want to overthrow corrupt western societies, establish a world-wide caliphate, destroy the "crusaders"? What do you think?

What was the political agenda behind today's outrage?

If you go with Jihad it is a war between good and evil, good being Islam and evil being enemies of Islam. And this makes it both political and religious. However Jihad can be a struggle between good and evil within an individual's soul or the more recent version a struggle between nations.

But in dealing with terrorists it can be hard to actually pin down a specific reason and even if you do it may not be, and usually isn't, the view of the majority of Islam

As to the Crusades, they have a long memory in the middle east and still tell stories about the Crusades and Crusaders in Islam.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you go with Jihad it is a war between good and evil, good being Islam and evil being enemies of Islam. And this makes it both political and religious. However Jihad can be a struggle between good and evil within an individual's soul or the more recent version a struggle between nations.

But in dealing with terrorists it can be hard to actually pin down a specific reason and even if you do it may not be, and usually isn't, the view of the majority of Islam

As to the Crusades, they have a long memory in the middle east and still tell stories about the Crusades and Crusaders in Islam.
True on all counts.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just heard on the news that the French killed one and arrested two suspects.

Sultan Of Swing

Second attack in Paris, one police officer has died, no information as to whether the two attacks are related.

"A man wearing a bullet-proof vest fired at the police woman and a civilian, who is thought to be a council worker, with an automatic rifle, seriously injuring the officer." The police officer has now sadly passed away.

Police Operation Imminent As Paris Cop Dies