• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas - Terrible abortion law doing what Republicans said it wouldn't do

Dao Hao Now

So then I am to blame for voting for President Trump as well, right?
There’s plenty of blame to go around.
I tend to assign blame based on degrees of responsibility.

I probably wouldn’t say “I blame you” unless you played a more pivotal roll than I’m aware of.
However, if you voted for Trump, I would say you certainly contributed.

Would you consider that a good thing, or a bad thing?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The judge ruled in this specifically contrary to a statutory prohibition. A judge does not have legislative authority. Furthermore the State Supreme court has issued a stay in this decision and blocked it. So it is not just the Attorney General that says it is illegal. There is nothing that indicates that this particular pregnancy was unplanned and there are indications that it was. I have been caring. The ones that are uncaring are those exploiting the unfortunate circumstances in this case to advance their own ideological agenda for unfettered abortions.
The a.g. stopped it prior to the stay, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Secondly, whether the pregnancy was planned or unplanned is not any of the government's business, dah!

Thirdly, we were not referring to "unfettered abortions", so your point is moot.

Finally, the a.g. and you have taken a hypocritical position, namely that you and he are opposed to government overreach unless it favors your and his political agenda.

Shaul

Premium Member
The a.g. stopped it prior to the stay, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Secondly, whether the pregnancy was planned or unplanned is not any of the government's business, dah!

Thirdly, we were not referring to "unfettered abortions", so your point is moot.

Finally, the a.g. and you have taken a hypocritical position, namely that you and he are opposed to government overreach unless it favors your and his political agenda.
"The Texas Supreme Court has temporarily blocked a pregnant woman from obtaining an emergency abortion in a ruling issued late Friday.

The court froze a lower court’s ruling that would have allowed Kate Cox, who sued the state seeking a court-ordered abortion, to obtain the procedure. “Without regard to the merits, the Court administratively stays the district court’s December 7, 2023 order,” the order states." https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/us/texas-abortion-ruling-attorney-general-petition/index.html
So CNN got it wrong too? Not my fault. So, yes, I know what I am talking about.

I never said that the government had any say in the volition of the pregnancy. So "dah" to you too.

"We"? Whether you are referring to unfettered abortions is moot. I wasn't addressing you in particular.

I have been addressing the merits of this specific legal case. I am not responsible for the actions of others here.

Clizby Wampuscat

There’s plenty of blame to go around.
I tend to assign blame based on degrees of responsibility.

I probably wouldn’t say “I blame you” unless you played a more pivotal roll than I’m aware of.
However, if you voted for Trump, I would say you certainly contributed.

Would you consider that a good thing, or a bad thing?
Neither. People vote for who they think is the best candidate for whatever reasons they have. That does not mean they endorse everything the candidate might do. That is a ridiculous take by some. I have never 100% agreed with any of the candidates I voted for at any level. To expect that is again ridiculous.

Orbit

I'm a planet
"UPDATE: After a week of legal whiplash and threats of prosecution from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, our client Kate Cox has been forced to flee her home state of Texas to get the time-sensitive abortion care needed to protect her health and future fertility."

Watch Texas now issue an arrest warrant for murder.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Neither. People vote for who they think is the best candidate for whatever reasons they have. That does not mean they endorse everything the candidate might do. That is a ridiculous take by some. I have never 100% agreed with any of the candidates I voted for at any level. To expect that is again ridiculous.
I have often voted for people with whom I have disagreements. But I have never voted for a white supremacist, I have never voted for a rapist, and I have never voted for someone who publicly declared they were going to be a dictator.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I have often voted for people with whom I have disagreements. But I have never voted for a white supremacist, I have never voted for a rapist, and I have never voted for someone who publicly declared they were going to be a dictator.
Yeah, voting for a guy who promised to weaponize the government against his critics, and the media; and who promises a dictatorship under his full control in violation of the Constitution, is beyond me, too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you have a better word for someone who misuses power to threaten healers, has the power to carry through with those threats, and bypasses any checks and balances to that power? (I'm sorry, but the term "trump" has already been taken.)
I wouldn't call abortion healing ergo healers. It's a tragedy actually.

But I agree with your post mostly.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, voting for a guy who promised to weaponize the government against his critics, and the media; and who promises a dictatorship under his full control in violation of the Constitution, is beyond me, too.
I'd like to see any videos of him promising that.