• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The avoidability of war

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I think victims have a right to defend themselves. Should the targets of rapists "compromise"?
There are times for no compromise. In the face of aggression there need be no compromise, with some there absolutely won't be any.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your selective outrage is very telling, Estro. It is clear that your attitude is that you feel it is morally wrong for Ukraine to defend itself, and morally right for Russia to start a war.

Just admit it, already. The mask has dropped so many times, and you're not very good at this. You're just a pro-authoritarian ethno-nationalist.
Ukraine is a Sorosized country.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ukraine is a Sorosized country.
I refer you back to my comment about you making nonsense claims, failing to support them, and then making new claims whenever your old ones are found to be false.

So, let's clear this one up.

George Soros is an ethnically Jewish billionaire who has used his money to help support the American Democratic Party and numerous other political causes.

That's it.

Literally, that is all.

There are lots of meaningless, evidence-less conspiracy theories about him, largely because it is easier to spread lies about an "evil puppet master' than it is to actually argue with facts, policies and ideas.

Stop bringing him up. He has nothing to do with anything.

Estro, just admit that you are an ethno-nationalist and a fan of fascism. I have already caught you out on this. It's no longer worth trying to hide it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Father Heathen

Ok, I respect that. I just don't understand the Leftists' doublestandardism. Which is really illogical.
Which is: European peoples cannot protect and preserve their ethnos, and if they do they are called racists and nationalists.
While Jews can claim a some sort of ethnos, even if they are atheists? And they are entitled to their ethnos?
Double standards

That is why rightists are more coherent: they respect the nations and don't call anyone racist or nationalist.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I refer you back to my comment about you making nonsense claims, failing to support them, and then making new claims whenever your old ones are found to be false.

So, let's clear this one up.

George Soros is an ethnically Jewish billionaire who has used his money to help support the American Democratic Party and numerous other political causes.

That's it.

Literally, that is all.

There are lots of meaningless, evidence-less conspiracy theories about him, largely because it is easier to spread lies about an "evil puppet master' than it is to actually argue with facts, policies and ideas.

Stop bringing him up. He has nothing to do with anything.

Estro, just admit that you are an ethno-nationalist and a fan of fascism. I have already caught you out on this. It's no longer worth trying to hide it.
When he stops using his money to influence politics and geopolitics, I will stop speaking of him.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
When he stops using his money to influence politics and geopolitics, I will stop speaking of him.
I notice how you don't apply this same standard to literally every other wealthy person who donates large portions of their money to political causes.

To say Ukraine is a "Sorosized country" is just a flagrant lie. He does not control Ukraine. He donates portions of his money to political causes. That is it. He is not a puppet master, he is not secretly manipulating the world. He is a wealthy, notably Jewish, man that far right people (including fascists, like yourself) like to spread conspiracy theories about.

The more you spuriously and baselessly attribute all things you disagree with to him, the more it just exposes the basis of your beliefs and principles in conspiracy and fear-mongering. You have already revealed that you are an ethno-statist who believes culture is in our DNA. You have also revealed that you don't care if powerful, fascist countries like Russia invade, annex or commit war crimes against their neighbours; you would much rather blame the neighbours themselves, or America, than put any responsibility on the fascist country in question.

Just admit it. You're a propagandist, and at this point I do not feel you have any genuine political values beyond defending fascism by any means necessary.

But you are really, REALLY bad at it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
@Father Heathen

Ok, I respect that. I just don't understand the Leftists' doublestandardism. Which is really illogical.
Which is: European peoples cannot protect and preserve their ethnos, and if they do they are called racists and nationalists?
While Jews can claim a some sort of ethnos, even if they are atheists? And they are entitled to their ethnos?
Double standards
How is that a double standard?

"I disagree with creating ethno-states." is perfectly congruent with "People can belong to ethnic groups."

There's no hint of double-standard in holding these two positions.

That is why rightists are more coherent: they respect the nations and don't call anyone racist or nationalist.
Including the racists and the nationalists (at least, on the far right).

Meanwhile, we call racist people racist and nationalist people nationalist.

I would say that's pretty coherent.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I notice how you don't apply this same standard to literally every other wealthy person who donates large portions of their money to political causes.

To say Ukraine is a "Sorosized country" is just a flagrant lie. He does not control Ukraine. He donates portions of his money to political causes. That is it. He is not a puppet master, he is not secretly manipulating the world. He is a wealthy, notably Jewish, man that far right people (including fascists, like yourself) like to spread conspiracy theories about.

The more you spuriously and baselessly attribute all things you disagree with to him, the more it just exposes the basis of your beliefs and principles in conspiracy and fear-mongering. You have already revealed that you are an ethno-statist who believes culture is in our DNA. You have also revealed that you don't care if powerful, fascist countries like Russia invade, annex or commit war crimes against their neighbours; you would much rather blame the neighbours themselves, or America, than put any responsibility on the fascist country in question.

Just admit it. You're a propagandist, and at this point I do not feel you have any genuine political values beyond defending fascism by any means necessary.

But you are really, REALLY bad at it.

Do you side with the populace (farmers, bakers, fishmongers, truck drivers, teachers, secretaries)?
Or do you side with speculators who use their cunningness and their malignant slyness to get richer and richer at cost of people's poverty?

Because I side with the first.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Do you side with the populace (farmers, bakers, fishmongers, truck drivers, teachers, secretaries)?
Or do you side with speculators who use their cunningness and their malignant slyness to get richer and richer at cost of people's poverty?

Because I side with the first.
The fact that you frame your position like that just cements you as a propagandist.

You don't believe a single thing that you just said. It's meaningless.

Flankerl

There we go again

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

Satre

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
There we go again

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

Satre
I particularly liked Sartre's conclusion:

"We are now in a position to understand the anti‐Semite. He is a man who is afraid. Not of the Jews, to be sure, but of himself, of his own consciousness, of his liberty, of his instincts, of his responsibilities, of solitariness, of change, of society, and of the world — of everything except the Jews. He is a coward who does not want to admit his cowardice to himself ; a murderer who represses and censures his tendency to murder without being able to hold it back, yet who dares to kill only in effigy or protected by the anonymity of the mob; a malcontent who dares not revolt from fear of the consequences of his rebellion. In espousing anti‐Semitism, he does not simply adopt an opinion, he chooses himself as a person. He chooses the permanence and impenetrability of stone, the total irresponsibility of the warrior who obeys his leaders — and he has no leader.

He chooses to acquire nothing, to deserve nothing; be assumes that everything is given him as his birthright‐and he is not noble. He chooses finally a Good that is fixed once and for all, beyond question, out of reach; he dares not examine it for fear of being led to challenge it and having to seek it in another form. The Jew only serves him as a pretext; elsewhere his counterpart will make use of the Negro or the man of yellow skin. The existence of the Jew merely permits the anti‐Semite to stifle his anxieties at their inception by persuading himself that his place in the world has been marked out in advance, that it awaits him, and that tradition gives him the right to occupy it. Anti‐Semitism, in short, is fear of the human condition. The anti‐Semite is a man who wishes to be pitiless stone, a furious torrent, a devastating thunderbolt‐anything except a man."

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There we go again

Satre
I have always won any debate because I use logic and the dogma "the law is equal for all".
No double standards.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
But if you acknowledge that there is such a thing as the Jewish ethnos, you will have to acknowledge there is such a thing as the Italian ethnos, (or the British ethnos) right?
Like I said before, believing ethnic groups exist does not mean that you necessarily have to believe that ethno-states are a good thing.

I am perfectly capable of acknowledging that there are British and Italian people, and there is such a thing as a British or Italian culture. I am also, at the same time, perfectly capable of acknowledging that ethno-states are bad and that racial/ethnic segregation is bad.

Where do you imagine the conflict between these two positions is?