• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Believabliltiy of Evolution

tas8831

I think @rrobs gave up some time ago. But it is one of the more stupid criticisms of evolution, certainly. Like a lot of this creationist boilerplate it only works rhetorically in front of an audience that knows nothing about science. Like fellow creationists, in fact. :rolleyes:
Indeed. Ran into a guy on another forum who gave (probably still gives) 'evolution deprogramming lectures at his church in TX. Through some sleuthing, I actually came across part of one of these 'lectures', and it was Ken Ham-level gibberish, peppered with his "big thing" - fully front-loaded genomes. For which he had no evidence.

It is their way.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Indeed. Ran into a guy on another forum who gave (probably still gives) 'evolution deprogramming lectures at his church in TX. Through some sleuthing, I actually came across part of one of these 'lectures', and it was Ken Ham-level gibberish, peppered with his "big thing" - fully front-loaded genomes. For which he had no evidence.

It is their way.
Ha. I once lived in Texas for a while. :confused:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A variation in a virus doesn't somehow prove that we evolve from a single celled organism.
It's still just a variation in one kind of virus.
It is a hypothesis that we may have all come from one common ancestor, thus the ToE simply does not rely on accepting that, and I don't know if we did or didn't because the evidence really isn't that clear-cut. Even if we did, that doesn't mean that it and we came out of nowhere, thus leaving open the concept of Divine creation. Matter of fact, most Christian theologians accept the basic ToE as long as it is understood that God is the ultimate Cause.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What qualifications do you have to make this claim? I smell a religious agenda here based on an ancient world view over 2000 years old without a knowledge in the basic science of evolution.

I am a professional Geologist with over 50 years field experience, an d Masters in Geology.
Bully for you.

metis

Of course it does.
It simply does not.

Here's from Wiki: Evolution - Wikipedia

Also, here's the definition of "evolution":
Evolution Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster . Here's the definition that pertains: descent with modification from preexisting species : cumulative inherited change in a population of organisms through time leading to the appearance of new forms : the process by which new species or populations of living things develop from preexisting forms through successive generationsEvolution is a process of continuous branching and diversification from common trunks. This pattern of irreversible separation gives life's history its basic directionality.— Stephen Jay Gouldalso : the scientific theory explaining the appearance of new species and varieties through the action of various biological mechanisms (such as natural selection, genetic mutation or drift, and hybridization)

Notice there's no mandate to accept emergence from one organism as being a fact and not just a hypothesis, nor does it negate Divine creation. I know this quite well as I taught both anthropology and theology for decades.

Most is a stretch.
No, it is not going by the last poll I saw that had 70% saying that the ToE itself does not contradict Divine creation.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If science just a human is looking at any one body type existing.

Says I believe that we came from one common ancestor. Then as he lives in one state created before him it's water oxygenated. Then in one moment his cell life exists then cell life gone...its his owned natural human conscious advice.

He has to agree each form hence by type cell production is body mass. Age of the term a life span of varied bodies.

That the pre existing one place was instant owner of all bodies formed within it.

Now in creation he says a gas is a mass of it's own body. Gas. Which we aren't.

He then says water in creation is created by its mass existing to be water which we aren't.

So we came from somewhere else says the details.

Any where else anything is identified by its owned body as any type of mass also.

In natural terms presence.

The argument hence is where did every one owning body type come from as if a human owns origin form. Then anything he studies owns origin form.

Origin form has to be able to release it's body to move where it doesn't belong with its origin.

Why we know space is the missing eternal body mass burnt up gone.

Creation mass is burnt cooled eternal.

A thin space plane only as space is thin actually exists between origin and created bodies.

Space separates bodies.

We came into heavens water mass space that owned spatial separation. As it's mass is not a solid.

Allowing entry.

We came out of the body eternal a pre owned pre formed body formed all bodies in the same one place that left.

Why we are so interactive balanced as living bodies.

Term type study is the living only.

We taught the teaching was only about the living.

If life was knowingly attacked survived was still living it's because the advice was witnessed. Yet the real advice is only about the living.

Exact advice stated by human law. We are living is your proof. Said so to theists who think about a humans life not living as compared to lesser celled bodies owning lesser aged life spans.

Was assessed as evil human thinking owning a human reason based on machine conditions. Which the living isn't.

He lives. His cells instantly die instantly live. By mass. Reaction doesn't even exist. His life body however does.

Is not any comparison yet it is involved thoughts in why he theories evolution.

So sex owns present sin in any biology was what was taught. To quote if sex a physical activity had not taken place you wouldn't even exist to false theory.

It was a human teaching for human awareness and about life continuance versus evil human thinkers placating they thought on behalf of a creator.

As they prove instead of correct aged biology advice human say 30 years old they try to quote you are alive as a human type for millions of years. Sex is the only reason biology is here today.

Origin form of any body is a long time dead said human law.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When living humans quote I came back from the dead. A human is the creator saying it.

My cells human died my cells human lived.

Human first however at all times teaching.

If a human says origin human or any type of origin life is a long time dead then sex he said stated why any life living was alive today.

Basic natural human science quotes.

Using honest basic statements knowing they weren't the creator not speaking on any creatures behalf

Versus human sciences who claim they are.

metis

That's what you just said it didn't mean.
Not at all, as just because there's "descent" doesn't mean nor imply that all life must have come from only one individual. Even if it did, that doesn't mean nor imply there could not be Divine creation.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Not at all, as just because there's "descent" doesn't mean nor imply that all life must have come from only one individual. Even if it did, that doesn't mean nor imply there could not be Divine creation.
That exactly what evolution claims....that we all descended from other creatures. Compare that to being breathed into life by God himself.
Are you just another animal?

metis

Are you just another animal?
Yep. If you're not, then are you a plant or a form of bacteria or virus or inanimate-- archaea, bacteria and eukaryote to be more precise? Those are the other options.

That exactly what evolution claims....that we all descended from other creatures. Compare that to being breathed into life by God himself.
Yes, it's totally obvious that we are descendent from other creatures. For example, if we go back 1 billion years bp or more, there are only single-celled organisms-- no humans or anything like a human.

I believe God made us but that He took His jolly old time doing it through a process that's as obvious as one's nose on their face, namely that all material objects change over time and life forms are material objects. We know this process happened even if we sometimes argue over the details.

Thus, if a church says this actually didn't happen, they cheapen their faith because the Truth cannot be relative, and it's truly unfortunate that some denominations make Christianity look like an exercise in ignorance, not intelligence and Truth. And is it no wonder that so many people look at Christianity and think "How dumb!"? I left such a church and have never regretted it.

A truly enlightened Christian accepts reality and that which is Truth, while at the same time having their Faith in Jesus. To not do so is to walk away from Truth and reality, thus only having a shallow faith that has limits set by ignoring reality.

IOW, the basic ToE offers literally no problem for people of Faith and Truth as now a majority of Christians understand.