• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best branch of the military

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I was an active duty Marine for a while, and there is a lot of pride in the Marine Corps, but I wouldn't claim it the objective best. It's a bit too childish for me and the rest of the world already does it for us anyways :)

The Marines are cool. Can you tell us your most dangerous mission ?

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Each branch serves a different role, and they tailor themselves to fit their specific mission. Each excel at performing their role, and would suck at filling the role of another branch.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
There's nothing good about things and people who bring death to others. :)

War is the maximum expression of ignorance.

The military is only for poor people.

Ah, the sweet fragrance of idealism---sprinkled with a hint of superiority-complex.
icon14.gif

Sees

Dragonslayer
The Marines are cool. Can you tell us your most dangerous mission ?

Not really but I was part of the first wave into Iraq and went back a few times as Marine and civilian contractor. I can talk about non-duty related adventures :D

I still work with active military on a regular basis.

Avi1001

Not really but I was part of the first wave into Iraq and went back a few times as Marine and civilian contractor. I can talk about non-duty related adventures :D

I still work with active military on a regular basis.

You are a hero, thanks for your efforts for our country !

What is your opinion of the current issues in Iraq, and how should we deal with them ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
You are a hero, thanks for your efforts for our country !

What is your opinion of the current issues in Iraq, and how should we deal with them ?

I think we need a strong Muslim majority nation to police the region with a steady supply of rotating UN volunteers to assist and closely monitor.

Avi1001

I think we need a strong Muslim majority nation to police the region with a steady supply of rotating UN volunteers to assist and closely monitor.

You mean like Egypt or Turkey ? Do you think any country in the ME has the potential ?

Sees

Dragonslayer
You mean like Egypt or Turkey ? Do you think any country in the ME has the potential ?

No idea really, as some don't want there to be any truly strong Muslim-majority nations and actively work to make sure that there is not. This was part of the Bush administration agenda as much as anything else.

Avi1001

No idea really, as some don't want there to be any truly strong Muslim-majority nations and actively work to make sure that there is not. This was part of the Bush administration agenda as much as anything else.

Good points, I will be interested in following your thoughts on this topic, since you might have the most direct experience of anyone in the forum.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Just for the travel, experiences, and stories you'll tell forever the Navy can't be beaten. (The food wasn't that bad either.)

Sees

Dragonslayer
Just for the travel, experiences, and stories you'll tell forever the Navy can't be beaten. (The food wasn't that bad either.)

I'm also a Golden Shellback :). Always wanted to do one of their West Pac floats.

My wife was a Navy Corpsman and a lot of my good friends were/are Sailors.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
AFJROTC doesn't have any weapons training. I was friends with an AFJROTC cadet and he was the most progressive person I know. I knew the other cadets and found no evidence of brainwashing. They only learned about airplanes and model rockets. I think the Marine cadets get to fire guns though.

An airplane can be a weapon. As can a rocket.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
[
quote=Awkward Fingers;3902129]Best food is on subs.
:p
[/QUOTE]

This is so true. We use to eat at the submariners mess hall. But in my humble opinion, you have to be crazy to want to a submariner :D.

RitalinOhD

Heathen Humanist
I've spent 18 1/2 years in the AF so far, and while I will say the AF treats it's members better than any other service, I'm completely over it.

1 1/2 years till I retire, and I literally cannot wait.

Of course with the training and knowledge I have, I'll prolly end up working for the Gov't. It's like a black hole.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I've spent 18 1/2 years in the AF so far, and while I will say the AF treats it's members better than any other service, I'm completely over it.

1 1/2 years till I retire, and I literally cannot wait.

Of course with the training and knowledge I have, I'll prolly end up working for the Gov't. It's like a black hole.
What is your career field?