• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best branch of the military

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Telepathic Warfare Division
3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

Is there an in-law division?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There's nothing good about things and people who bring death to others. :)

War is the maximum expression of ignorance.

Unfortunately there is so much of this ignorance running rampant in today's world that it would be criminal if we did not have a strong military.

suncowiam

There's nothing good about things and people who bring death to others. :)

War is the maximum expression of ignorance.

Are you a US citizen? If you are, then you owe your freedom to our military. All the rhetoric in the world won't preserve your freedom, it is the strength of our armed forces that preserves your freedom, that preserves our infrastructure, that preserves our peace. Give credit where credit is due. If you're against such an organization then I suggest to you to live somewhere else in the world that you would not have such a force willing to die to preserve the sanctity of your precious life.

Now, you might disagree with several incidents that can be subjectively placed on the wrong side of the ethical fence, but do not forget all those that have lost their lives defending your freedom.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Are you a US citizen? If you are, then you owe your freedom to our military. All the rhetoric in the world won't preserve your freedom, it is the strength of our armed forces that preserves your freedom, that preserves our infrastructure, that preserves our peace. Give credit where credit is due. If you're against such an organization then I suggest to you to live somewhere else in the world that you would not have such a force willing to die to preserve the sanctity of your precious life.

Now, you might disagree with several incidents that can be subjectively placed on the wrong side of the ethical fence, but do not forget all those that have lost their lives defending your freedom.
What.wars.have preserved our freedoms

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
As an active duty member of the Navy, I would say, choose whatever branch suits you. There is no "best" branch. The airforce has the best on base quality of life, the navy sees a lot of good ports, the marines have excellent discipline and training, and the Army is, well Army. :p

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

With the exception of our current debacle in the ME, and Vietnam, all of the wars have preserved freedom in some way. The two I listed, that haven't are because we were fighting against an ideal, and not defending against an encroaching force. (US war opinion, not world or history spanning)

suncowiam

It's not wars that actually preserved your freedom outside of the revolutionary war. Some could argue that the civil war created further freedom but that isn't truly what I'm suggesting here. It simply is not war. It is the strength of our military to defend against unwanted aggression from other nations. Aggression that could defoil our infrastructure and our constitution.

Again, you can have all the rhetoric, doctrines and thought concerning freedom but without the proper force and strength you will never achieve freedom. Freedom is simply not free.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
When I was younger, I really wanted to be a combat pilot. :D Now, if I had to choose, I'd join the Army. My grandfather was in the Navy during WWII and Korea, though.

Sometimes, I wear Marine or Air Force hats I buy at military surplus stores and people ask me if I served. Lol!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I was in the Navy and the hubby was in the AF. He was an MP and I was an AT.

Just to get in on the flag waving here I'll point out the little tease...the Dept of the Navy covers everything. The water of course, it actually has a larger "air force" than the Air Force, and it covers land as well as the Marines are actually part of the Dept of the Navy. Now I'll do my neener-neener dance over here. ;)

suncowiam

Just to get in on the flag waving here I'll point out the little tease...the Dept of the Navy covers everything. The water of course, it actually has a larger "air force" than the Air Force, and it covers land as well as the Marines are actually part of the Dept of the Navy. Now I'll do my neener-neener dance over here. ;)

Did your Hubby MP reprimand you for stealing his heart? :p

Actually, I like to be involved with anything strategical so not sure which branch would best suit me.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

I always thought it was funny how the Navy seems to have a more active air regiment than the Air Force. You hardly ever hear anything about the Air Force. It's so weird.

suncowiam

With the exception of our current debacle in the ME, and Vietnam, all of the wars have preserved freedom in some way. The two I listed, that haven't are because we were fighting against an ideal, and not defending against an encroaching force. (US war opinion, not world or history spanning)

We are actually at war, but no one notices because our major strategy with all wars are to fight on foriegn soil. And this is due to the strength of our military. It is very difficult to undermine our infrastructure outside of nuclear warfare.

Let me add to the Vietnam war. I'm Vietnamese and my first opinion of that war was that US should not have been involved. It should have let Vietnam peacefully be a communist state. Now, I see Korea divided between North and South. I see how the South is totally flourishing and I can safely say this is due to US intervention. Vietnam is not as bad as North Korea but I believe it could flourish just as well as South Korea if it adopted similar policies that US was fighting for. So I do now wish that US could have won that war.

suncowiam

There is no best branch of military.Killing is not good and that is what the military does.

Here's a test...

You should go to the middle east one day where our military has no defense. And try to voice all the rhetoric that you freely do here in this forum and in real life. I have a feeling you might not survive.

Here's a test...

You should go to the middle east one day where our military has no defense. And try to voice all the rhetoric that you freely do here in this forum and in real life. I have a feeling you might not survive.

No thank you.I do not wish to travel there.