• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

ether-ore

Excusable?? Wow. I don't know whether to be shocked or annoyed. I mean that.
You mean to tell me that you believe that people who are sterile aren't excusable from not having children? as for the rest of your rant... I'll just ignore it since with it, you are off on a tangent.
So for you, the soul can be gay before it reaches the corporeal body and must 'overcome' this alleged 'hurdle'. Why? Why would God have a soul be gay and then have to overcome this? Its not even remotely logical. And if all that you say is true, why in the world would you mourn, particularly if you think its God's will? I would think you would happily join Fred Phelps and the WBC.
No. I do not believe that the spirit of man is gay before it reaches the corporeal body. It is my belief that homosexual tendencies occur because of the physical body. It is the desires of the physical body that the spirit needs to overcome for any sexual activity outside of marriage between a man and a woman whether heterosexual of homosexual; according to God's law.

BenTheBeliever

Coming from a Catholic background, I can say with authority that the bible hates gays to an almost pathological extent. It's not even arguable.

The Bible teaches us it's a sin like so many other sins. It also teaches us that we are to hate sin but love the sinner like Christ.

ether-ore

Coming from a Catholic background, I can say with authority that the bible hates gays to an almost pathological extent. It's not even arguable.
Coming from a Catholic background (as you halfway understand it) that allows you to speak from that perspective. It does not give you any "authority" to speak for all of Christianity. Your interpretation says "hate". The reference of hating gays is not in the Bible. The only thing referenced is that it is a sin. To call something a sin is not hating.

Awoon

Not all sins carry the same weight or have the same gravity. There are gradations of sin, some more serious than others, An abomination is a serious sin.

Well I guess Christians can make up their definitions of words any way they want.
"Abomination" is never called sin in the tanac.

ether-ore

How does that work
I'll tell you what I believe. Jesus Christ says that He and the Father are one; meaning one in purpose. If we repent and are baptized and become one with Jesus Christ in the same way by keeping His commandments and doing His work, then He saves us. Jesus Christ is the Bridegroom. Members of His church are the bride. The bride being one with her husband; she goes where He goes. By becoming one with Jesus Christ, He then cane take us home with Him since we have become part of His body (figuratively) and are thus one with Him.

ether-ore

Well I guess Christians can make up their definitions of words any way they want.
"Abomination" is never called sin in the tanac.
A sin is any activity contrary to God's law which are written in scripture and not made up. The definition of an abomination is: "a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc." Abominations have these descriptors because they are contrary to God's law which makes them a sin.

Awoon

A sin is any activity contrary to God's law which are written in scripture and not made up. The definition of an abomination is: "a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc." Abominations have these descriptors because they are contrary to God's law which makes them a sin.

I think Sin is a Virtue of Christians. If they ever stopped Sinning they wouldn't be able to pat themselves on the back about being SINNERS.

Leo613

I'll tell you what I believe. Jesus Christ says that He and the Father are one; meaning one in purpose. If we repent and are baptized and become one with Jesus Christ in the same way by keeping His commandments and doing His work, then He saves us. Jesus Christ is the Bridegroom. Members of His church are the bride. The bride being one with her husband; she goes where He goes. By becoming one with Jesus Christ, He then cane take us home with Him since we have become part of His body (figuratively) and are thus one with Him.
How does it explain to hate sin not sinner

suncowiam

I don't have a book to quote verses from to use in my debates as you've been doing. I haven't asserted actually what makes a good family outside of asserting what is homophobia and anti gay.

BenTheBeliever

I think Sin is a Virtue of Christians. If they ever stopped Sinning they wouldn't be able to pat themselves on the back about being SINNERS.
Once you become one with Christ by accepting the gift of salvation God does not see your sin anymore. He only sees the blood of Christ and what he did for you. That is the gift of salvation. I don't care what people say we all deserve hell one way or another. We all have broken God's rule one way or another. But the gift of salvation and grace can make us whole and right with the father once again.

It is truly such a wonderful gift to know in Christ you can be whole and not held down by the old person you used to be!

BenTheBeliever

Can you explain how you can hate the sin and not the sinner if u hate the sin then it's a feeling u can't help but hate sinner aswell even with salvation or belief in Christ
I can only talk about my own sin. I hated my sin back before I knew God I was angry inside and bitter as a teenager and close to death. It was not until I came to know Christ thins changed. Did they change over night? No they did not. It took years to get where I am at now as a born again. Even after Christ I still fell at times. But I learned about the power of grace. Even when I fall I get back up To qoute a song I love by Bob Carsile the singer who wrote butterfly kisses.

We fall down
We get up
We fall down
We get up
We fall down
We get up
The saints are just the sinners
Who fell down and get up