• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

chessplayer

• The estimated number of people living with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the United States is over 65 million.
    • Every year, there are approximately 15 million new cases of sexually transmitted disease (STD).
    • About 66% of all sexually transmitted disease (STDs) occur in people 25 years of age or younger.
    • One in four new sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) infections occur in teenagers.
    • Hepatitis B is 100 times more infectious than HIV.
    • At least 1 in 4 Americans will contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD) at some point in their lives.
Note how there no mention of whether the person is gay or straight.

The point of this information was not to identify the lifestyle responsible for these diseases. However the CDC info does isolate the activities which spread these diseases , as shown previously.

This will mostly be the effects of promiscuous living, or sex outside a faithful marriage relationship ( man & Woman IMO )

The Bible condemns sex outside marriage whether h/sexual or lesbian.

A traditional faithful marriage is STD disease free . That`s the Biblical line.

Last edited:

JoStories

The point of this information was not to identify the lifestyle responsible for these diseases. However the CDC info does isolate the activities which spread these diseases , as shown previously.

This will mostly be the effects of promiscuous living, or sex outside a faithful marriage relationship ( man & Woman IMO )

The Bible condemns sex outside marriage whether h/sexual or lesbian.

A traditional faithful marriage is STD disease free . That`s the Biblical line.
IMO, you're back pedaling here. You were the one who posted a set of stats from the CDC, pointing out how it was more about gays than any other group. I merely pointed out that you were wrong and posted the stats, from the same place; the CDC, that proved my point. Yes, I understand that the Bible prohibits sex outside marriage. And while that was included in your post, it was clearly to point out the bias you have toward gays, which, again, I proved wrong.

JoStories

One of those specific reasons would be: "We didn't know it existed."
Agreed and I admitted that. However, it does not preclude that they may have known either, and for reasons of their own, left it out. And then buried it out of sight. And mind if you will.

JoStories

Please don't let it bother you so much. We're just sharing personal views with each other shaking hands by the end of the day :)
I agree that the three monotheistic faiths have prohibitions against gay marriages and lifestyles but, IMO, that is based solely on interpretation and has little in the way of truth. One verse does not a mountain make. And it is that one dang verse that sets the stage for the rest. Thankfully, in some cases, this mindset is changing. Albeit too slowly.

chessplayer

But then neither does the Bible preclude gay marriage. It speaks only of male to male sex. No mention of women with women, nor prohibiting gay marriage. Christians extrapolate that from the issue of MSM.

Fornication and sex outwith marriage ( man and woman ) is the problem , either sex, male or lesbian . That is what I read in the Bible .

Whether or not you are saying you are born with this inclination is neither here nor there .

Biblically , it is the expression and acting out the "feelings" that condemns you .

Relevant Biblical quotes .

Since 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality, all of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful. Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4).

If you choose not to follow the Bible , then you have that God given right to have your own choices , but it`s not God`s way for you , just as abuse or self harming or suicide are not God`s way . He want`s you to trust and follow Him with your free will , that`s true love.

Last edited:

chessplayer

If someone has previously been hetro then meets someone who is homosexual/ lesbian , and eventually through suggestion and or touch ,awakens heightened sexual feelings, is that not just plain and simple seduction.

All the seducer would need is a little bit of sympathy , lots of caring attention , time and determination .

Misery hates to be alone.

Same with drug / alcohol abuse , users will always try to get others to be the same as them.

In my opinion and observation , nothing personal .

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
I agree that the three monotheistic faiths have prohibitions against gay marriages and lifestyles but, IMO, that is based solely on interpretation and has little in the way of truth. One verse does not a mountain make. And it is that one dang verse that sets the stage for the rest. Thankfully, in some cases, this mindset is changing. Albeit too slowly.

You mean four Abrahamic faiths, Jo....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If someone has previously been hetro then meets someone who is homosexual/ lesbian , and eventually through suggestion and or touch ,awakens heightened sexual feelings, is that not just plain and simple seduction.

All the seducer would need is a little bit of sympathy , lots of caring attention , time and determination .

Misery hates to be alone.

Same with drug / alcohol abuse , users will always try to get others to be the same as them.

In my opinion and observation , nothing personal .

I hate to tell you this mate. But if you are able to be seduced by the same sex you are not fully heterosexual. That's the very definition of either homosexuality or bisexuality. I mean you are aware that in order to be seduced in the first place (in this particular context meaning a sexual liaison) one has to be sexually attracted to begin with, right? I don't know of your personal heterosexuality but I'm roughly a 1 or 2 on the Kinsey scale and even I would need a hell of a lot of persuasion to have a sexual encounter with someone of the same sex!

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Not sure about the other two, but in Islam I know that only the sexual intercourse is not allowed. Where I live, and it is Saudi Arabia, men kiss, hug, hold hands and call each other "love" and "sweet heart" (I do those, I don't hold hands much). I'm sure some others from other cultures would call us gay for that.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure about the other two, but in Islam I know that only the sexual intercourse is not allowed. Where I live, and it is Saudi Arabia, men kiss, hug, hold hands and call each other "love" and "sweet heart" (I do those, I don't hold hands much). I'm sure some others from other cultures would call us gay for that :p
Lol!

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Saudi Arabia criminally prosecute homosexuals?

I mean in Oscar Wilde's time (England, 1800s) men hugged and held hands too. But they still persecuted gay people. Oscar Wilde was imprisoned simply for being gay. I mean just because men can hold hands, kiss or hug in some cultures doesn't automatically preclude them from being anti gay.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Lol!

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Saudi Arabia criminally prosecute homosexuals?

I mean in Oscar Wilde's time (England, 1800s) men hugged and held hands too. But they still persecuted gay people. Oscar Wilde was imprisoned simply for being gay. I mean just because men can hold hands, kiss or hug in some cultures doesn't automatically preclude them from being anti gay.

That was not my point :)

My point was that the Islamic scriptures only criminalize homosexual intercourse. I mentioned those happening here because it is know for being strictly Islamic.

Sorry I cannot comment further about what the country does, or I could get in serious trouble even saying it here.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hi Sojo
We are a family of musicians , can I ask what is your involvement or instrument?
God! What isn't my involvement or instrument?

Church music, rock music, bluegrass, choral, symphonic band. I've built/repaired pipe organs, set up and run sound systems in live applications, worked in music retail and service, taught school music, and been a church choral conductor. I play some piano/organ, guitar, bass, trumpet, French horn, euphonium, Native American flute, Irish whistle, and have played clarinet in the past.

chessplayer

God! What isn't my involvement or instrument?

Church music, rock music, bluegrass, choral, symphonic band. I've built/repaired pipe organs, set up and run sound systems in live applications, worked in music retail and service, taught school music, and been a church choral conductor. I play some piano/organ, guitar, bass, trumpet, French horn, euphonium, Native American flute, Irish whistle, and have played clarinet in the past

What, no bagpipes ?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That was not my point :)

My point was that the Islamic scriptures only criminalize homosexual intercourse. I mentioned those happening here because it is know for being strictly Islamic.

Sorry I cannot comment further about what the country does, or I could get in serious trouble even saying it here.

If it condemns homosexual intercourse how can it not condemn some gay people by default?

Fair enough. I will not ask you to do something that will land you into trouble.