• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

JoStories

This is what I mean by " unnatural " and unhealthy. Anything sexual activity involving excrement is unhealthy.

Link from CDC , Centre for disease control and prevention

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) have been increasing among gay and bisexual men. Recent increases in syphilis cases have been documented across the country. In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States.

This is from 4 % of the population

Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. Men who are HIV-positive are even more likely than those who are uninfected to develop anal cancer. See Primary and Secondary Syphilis—Reported Cases, 2008, by Sexual Orientation.

BTW Jo Stories I purposely avoid getting personal with you even though you almost insist I do , this is not about you , it`s about the forum , Gays and the Bible
, all I am doing is putting across what I understand to be the Biblical guidance on this subject.
First of all, how have I gotten personal with you? I have merely pointed out that you are misinformed and/or erroneous in your thinking on this topic. And as SomeRandom pointed out so well, the rates of STD's in a smaller population would be skewed in terms of statistics. Furthermore, anal sex is not limited to gays. Many heterosexuals engage in anal sex. And many gays do not engage in anal sex at all. They may limit their intimacy to oral sex. Its up to the couple who are having sex to engage in whatever they wish to engage in. You may think its unnatural but for many it is not. And this is not personal chessplayer. It is truth.

chessplayer

Also ever notice how the anti gay side ONLY uses the statistic of Men who have sex with Men? The STI statistics involving women who have sex with women (which show they are far less likely than their purely heterosexual counterparts to become infected) are never brought up. It's almost like the anti gay side has some sort of agenda and prefers to release half truths in order to further their viewpoint or something.

/QUOTE]

No agenda, the point was that, if the act involves all these activities and consequences ,then it`s difficult to see how it could be classed as Normal.

Btw , I realise you are trying to be funny , but the name is Chessplayer

chessplayer

First of all, how have I gotten personal with you? .

Not comments about me , but you have been very open about your ex partner which is brave of you .

What I have tried to post previously were Biblical facts , in line with the forum ,

My very limited study of all this is that most of the " gays " which I know of personally had a definite reason or route to this lifestyle.
Mainly including the following.
1.... Dominant Fathers or mothers , their relationship out of balance.
2....Hurt individuals reacting to rejection by choosing a same sex partner when a previous Hetro one failed.
3....Seduction of a vulnerable youth / child by an older gay person .
4.... Some people just are trying out an alternative sexual encounter, often female , often returning to hetro after a while.
5....Some I just don`t know them well enough to comment.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
No agenda, the point was that, if the act involves all these activities and consequences ,then it`s difficult to see how it could be classed as Normal.

Btw , I realise you are trying to be funny , but the name is Chessplayer
But they don't, mate. Promiscuity does, whether that be performed by heterosexuals, bisexuals or even pansexuals. Not being gay (which is not a ****ing synonym for promiscuous) or by having gay sex by itself. And again, the stats are the opposite for lesbians (psst, they're gay too!!) Which shows a deliberate manipulation of what statistics are presented in order to further an agenda, whatever that may be (either intentional or even unintentional.)
Oh and everyone on the planet has a slightly different definition of "normal." So good luck arguing that factor. Also who the hell cares if something is "abnormal?" You do know that that's not a bloody synonym for bad, right?

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Not comments about me , but you have been very open about your ex partner which is brave of you .

What I have tried to post previously were Biblical facts , in line with the forum ,

My very limited study of all this is that most of the " gays " which I know of personally had a definite reason or route to this lifestyle.
2....Hurt individuals reacting to rejection by choosing a same sex partner when a previous Hetro one failed.
4.... Some people just are trying out an alternative sexual encounter, often female , often returning to hetro after a while.

How big was your sample size? What "controls" did you have in place? What were your specific questions/how exactly did you word them? How long did this "study" take place for? What was the follow up? How long after the affirmative answers did the follow up take place? How many follow ups took place? Did it account for the possibility of correlations or did it simply assume a causal link in each scenario? (which is considered ill disciplined, sloppy and flawed/faulty methodology, may I add!!)

You want to try to assert something about sexual orientation and it's potential causes using your (admittedly very limited) "study" which in this particular context carries connotations of scientific inquiry. Fine. But prepare for some scrutiny, perhaps not at the same arduous level that actual legitimate studies may face, but some nonetheless. So, as they say, either put up or shut up.

Oh and if we're going by personal second hand accounts (which btw is never considered legitimate evidence of anything in any academic situation ) every single gay person I know answers a "no" to every single one of your scenarios.
I do however know some heterosexuals who would answer "yes" to one or more of the scenarios you have put forth. Perhaps their sexual orientation was made for them too, eh? /sarcasm
See that's the problem with personal second hand accounts. They are biased by default and wouldn't pass muster even at a freaking Primary/Elementary School level of academia.

Last edited:

JoStories

Well, for one thing, I am not sure why I should not be open about my partner. Do you think I should be ashamed of myself or the fact that I am bisexual? If so, that's your bias talking, no offense, but long gone are the days when someone who is gay needs to hide in the closet, or at least, one can hope those days are gone. And secondly, my own father was bisexual as am I. In my family, my first cousins are gay, meaning homosexual or lesbian. So I am strongly in the opinion of that there is a genetic basis for this. Also, my father'ssisters...one was gay, the other Bisexual. And this during a time when being gay was closeted. I am not sure why your experiences have led you to people such as you have encountered but I assure you that is not the only case, and often not the case at all. And as for Biblical facts, I have no issue with your opinion, which you have every right to have. But you need to understand that only pertains to you and other Christians who agree with you.

JoStories

How big was your sample size? What "controls" did you have in place? What were your specific questions/how exactly did you word them? How long did this "study" take place for? What was the follow up? How long after the affirmative answers did the follow up take place? How many follow ups took place? Did it account for the possibility of correlations or did it simply assume a causal link in each scenario? (which is considered ill disciplined, sloppy and flawed/faulty methodology, may I add!!)

You want to try to assert something about sexual orientation and it's potential causes using your (admittedly very limited) "study" which in this particular context carries connotations of scientific inquiry. Fine. But prepare for some scrutiny, perhaps not at the same arduous level that actual legitimate studies may face, but some nonetheless. So, as they say, either put up or shut up.

Oh and if we're going by personal second hand accounts (which btw is never considered legitimate evidence of anything in any academic situation ) every single gay person I know answers a "no" to every single one of your scenarios.
I do however know some heterosexuals who would answer "yes" to one or more of the scenarios you have put forth. Perhaps their sexual orientation was made for them too, eh? /sarcasm
See that's the problem with personal second hand accounts. They are biased by default and wouldn't pass muster even at a freaking Primary/Elementary School level of academia.
Have I told you today how much I love you darling?? A permanent speaks for me card love. Kiss kiss.:hugehug:

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Well, for one thing, I am not sure why I should not be open about my partner. Do you think I should be ashamed of myself or the fact that I am bisexual? If so, that's your bias talking, no offense, but long gone are the days when someone who is gay needs to hide in the closet, or at least, one can hope those days are gone. And secondly, my own father was bisexual as am I. In my family, my first cousins are gay, meaning homosexual or lesbian. So I am strongly in the opinion of that there is a genetic basis for this. Also, my father'ssisters...one was gay, the other Bisexual. And this during a time when being gay was closeted. I am not sure why your experiences have led you to people such as you have encountered but I assure you that is not the only case, and often not the case at all. And as for Biblical facts, I have no issue with your opinion, which you have every right to have. But you need to understand that only pertains to you and other Christians who agree with you.

I still have to keep myself in a sort of closet. My mother cries when she feels I am doing something gay. I cannot let my mother 74 yrs old to cry for what I am doing. Life sucks.

chessplayer

Well, for one thing, I am not sure why I should not be open about my partner. Do you think I should be ashamed of myself or the fact that I am bisexual?

Nobody should do things that make them ashamed . I know shame seems to exist in the LGBT community as many of them keep trying to justify it and be proud about it , but at it`s base level , deep down that indicates they are ashamed.

There are no known gays in any of my family as far as I know , and I am the first generation fundamentalist Christian. There was one on my wife`s side who was into lesbianism for about two years , bought a house and everything. However they decided it wasn`t working, split up , and she now has a husband and baby .

As Marcello says a previous post , " my mum is not happy " , I imagine the thing that most mothers look forward to , is the patter of little grandchildren`s feet. Seeing their traits and personalities come through and knowing they had a part in their creation .

Lack of authentic progeny is one of the main problems I think most people have with same sex lifestyle.

JoStories

I still have to keep myself in a sort of closet. My mother cries when she feels I am doing something gay. I cannot let my mother 74 yrs old to cry for what I am doing. Life sucks.
I'm sorry that you have to live in such a manner. Oddly enough, my mother never knew I was Bisexual until recently. She knew about my partner, although she didn't really get the notion I guess. I told her recently and she was like..ok, so you are Bi. You never know Marcello. And my mom is 85 years old and a devout Christian. Don't give up yet dear.

JoStories

Nobody should do things that make them ashamed . I know shame seems to exist in the LGBT community as many of them keep trying to justify it and be proud about it , but at it`s base level , deep down that indicates they are ashamed.

There are no known gays in any of my family as far as I know , and I am the first generation fundamentalist Christian. There was one on my wife`s side who was into lesbianism for about two years , bought a house and everything. However they decided it wasn`t working, split up , and she now has a husband and baby .

As Marcello says a previous post , " my mum is not happy " , I imagine the thing that most mothers look forward to , is the patter of little grandchildren`s feet. Seeing their traits and personalities come through and knowing they had a part in their creation .

Lack of authentic progeny is one of the main problems I think most people have with same sex lifestyle.
I simply want to shake my head at how little you understand. My cousin, who has been gay his entire life, has 2 children that he and his partner adopted. What in the world makes you think that gays cannot have children??? Some women who are lesbian use IVF. Some adopt and the same thing is for men who wish to have kids. And furthermore, not all hetero couples have children. My sister has none and my mom is just dandy with that. There is NO shame in being gay. Not an ounce.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

Lol many gay people have biological children. Even before IVF was a thing. Hell Oscar Wilde had three and that guy was fruitier than a produce store!!

Also wow a whole community telling a bunch of people they are sinful for being gay (sin being inherently filled with shame and guilt) and you act surprised that gay people might have some shame attached. Like seriously?

chessplayer

I simply want to shake my head at how little you understand. .

JoStories my dear I also shake my head at the way you choose to skim over my posts , Of course anyone can adopt , but as I said before (, I imagine the thing that most mothers look forward to , is the patter of little grandchildren`s feet. Seeing their traits and personalities come through and knowing they had a part in their creation .)

IVF , is the not the way we were designed apart from the fact that the poor offspring never has any balanced father / mother input.

" Male and Female God created them !" to give any children the best role models.

chessplayer

I agree it`s difficult to imagine this as a choice , but millions of unmarried people around the world are celibate.

In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States.

This is from 4 % of the population

Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men.

Health checks to see whether your partner has "given " you something.

The apparent feeling of shame even though it`s legal and encouraged and protected to be gay.

The need for IVF treatment to produce a child ( without an accompanying dad )

Having to parade around the streets , calling yourself " proud " .

Demanding everyone else on the planet concurs with your chosen sexual activity.

ETC ETC.

No I`m sorry, this doesn`t add up as a sensible lifestyle.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I'm sorry that you have to live in such a manner. Oddly enough, my mother never knew I was Bisexual until recently. She knew about my partner, although she didn't really get the notion I guess. I told her recently and she was like..ok, so you are Bi. You never know Marcello. And my mom is 85 years old and a devout Christian. Don't give up yet dear.

I lost my father 2 years ago then she had breast cancer after just 2 months of his loss. How can I make her unhappier?

JoStories

JoStories my dear I also shake my head at the way you choose to skim over my posts , Of course anyone can adopt , but as I said before (, I imagine the thing that most mothers look forward to , is the patter of little grandchildren`s feet. Seeing their traits and personalities come through and knowing they had a part in their creation .)

IVF , is the not the way we were designed apart from the fact that the poor offspring never has any balanced father / mother input.

" Male and Female God created them !" to give any children the best role models.
My aunt has two wonderful grandchildren. Both are mixed race and both have issues from either fetal alcoholism or drug abuse by the mother who had them. Most mothers will welcome any child and the need for family traits is not that important really. Personality is a nurture issue, and not a nature one, for the most part. What of those women who are sterile for whatever reason? Do you honestly think they should not either have IVF or adopt? If so, you have a very skewed vision of parenthood. And the best role models are those that love the children with no reservation. I know and have known many hetero couples or mothers who should have never ever had a child. Have you ever seen the eyes of a child when their mother dumps them in the ER and says to us,..take this piece of ****e? I have, more times than I care to recall. Please, try to re-envision your ideas about mothers, father, and parents. Its antiquated at best.

JoStories

I lost my father 2 years ago then she had breast cancer after just 2 months of his loss. How can I make her unhappier?
Well, the choice is of course, yours, however, that said, I would say that lying to your mother about who you are is not really in either of your best interests. And honey, most parents either know or suspect about their children. and if they don't, they have blinders on. Do you remain in the closet or have you a partner? I hope you can find peace Marcello. I mean that in all sincerity. I am here if you need someone to talk to, either here or in PM.