• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

Princeps Eugenius

One of these passages involves the order given by God to rip them apart if they are pregnant.

I strongly doubt you will find any woman abiding to that.

Ciao

- viole
In case you didnt know; Samaria is not a literal person but a metaphor for the land of Samaria. Samaria existed near Israel, north of it. So Smaria is not a female and neither does she get ripped apart literally.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In case you didnt know; Samaria is not a literal person but a metaphor for the land of Samaria. Samaria existed near Israel, north of it. So Smaria is not a female and neither does she get ripped apart literally.

It is not saying to rip apart Samaria. But to rip apart the women inhabiting it. The same with the infants of course. Which are also not Samaria, either.

Ciao

- viole

Princeps Eugenius

It is not saying to rip apart Samaria. But to rip apart the women inhabiting it. The same with the infants of course. Which are also not Samaria, either.

Ciao

- viole
Well the people who inhabit it make up what Samaria is. So in a sense they are Samaria, each one of them. But yeah i made a mistake cause i kinda read the first sentence and skipped the rest.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well the people who inhabit it make up what Samaria is. So in a sense they are Samaria, each one of them. But yeah i made a mistake cause i kinda read the first sentence and skipped the rest.

And I suppose you believe it is a good idea to rip apart pregnant women, and babies, bacuase they happen to be inhabitants of a place that is suboptimal for God. Or, more likely, suboptimal for people who believe in a genocidal God.

Ciao

- viole

Princeps Eugenius

And I suppose you believe it is a good idea to rip apart pregnant women, and babies, bacuase they happen to be inhabitants of a place that is suboptimal for God. Or, more likely, suboptimal for people who believe in a genocidal God.

Ciao

- viole
What would make you believe that?

Princeps Eugenius

Your initial, defective, defense, I guess. So, do you think God, if you believe in that one, ordered those massacres?

Ciao

- viole
If Judaism/Christianity were true then yes it would be YHWH's will for the women to get ripped apart and their children smashed into a bloody mess. But i dont think 1) YHWH exists 2) Samaria got invaded or raped in any manner that is harsher or different than what happened to other nations.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If Judaism/Christianity were true then yes it would be YHWH's will for the women to get ripped apart and their children smashed into a bloody mess. But i dont think 1) YHWH exists 2) Samaria got invaded or raped in any manner that is harsher or different than what happened to other nations.

Cool.

Ciao

- viole

JoStories

I am not trying to condemn you at all. , but surely the subject here is the Bible and gays , hence my posts are based around that . Hopefully to give a Biblical perspective.

I have heard this comment about women in the Bible before , and have never really understood it . The one verse that comes to mind , is from Eph 5 vs 25, "Men , love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her !"

In most Christian homes I know , the wife is treated with the utmost respect. She is " queen " in the home , to be honoured and obeyed.

Society and Christian traditions in the UK / USA promotes the same thing " women and children first !"

When I was trusting the Lord for guidance about my future wife , The Lord spoke to me through Proverbs 31. about the girl I am married to for 41 years.
She has accomplished everything on there .

The Bible acclaims women .
And as Viole pointed out so well, with the inclusion of Paulian dogma, that is simply not true in some regards. Clearly Christ has nothing untoward to say about women but Paul sure did.

ether-ore

How dare gay couples ask for the same legal protections that heterosexual couples take for granted?!! It's almost like they want to be treated equally under the eyes of the (secular) law or something. :rolleyes:

Also people claim anything and everything is both condemned or condoned by Scripture. So what?
That isn't what I said. Gay couples do have the same legal protections. That is a done deal. What I was talking about (as if I didn't make myself clear enough) was gays wanting moral acceptance and while demanding it, they want to say as justification that they think God is ok with their behavior. Governments going contrary to God's laws will have to answer to Him for that as well.

As a side note; The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is more than simply about God's justice concerning homosexuality. It is also about a whole society being so depraved in their acceptance of it, that God in essence said... ok... you've failed the test of mortality. I can't even find 10 righteous among the population. Time to end the test of mortality for that group and bring them home.

To answer before the question is asked; No, God cannot be proved. We will all have to wait and see. The only question is... will it be too late at that point?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
That isn't what I said. Gay couples do have the same legal protections. That is a done deal. What I was talking about (as if I didn't make myself clear enough) was gays wanting moral acceptance and while demanding it, they want to say as justification that they think God is ok with their behavior. Governments going contrary to God's laws will have to answer to Him for that as well.

As a side note; The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is more than simply about God's justice concerning homosexuality. It is also about a whole society being so depraved in their acceptance of it, that God in essence said... ok... you've failed the test of mortality. I can't even find 10 righteous among the population. Time to end the test of mortality for that group and bring them home.

To answer before the question is asked; No, God cannot be proved. We will all have to wait and see. The only question is... will it be too late at that point?
Gay Christians are the ones you're referring to. The only thing many gays want is not to be bombarded with"you're an abomination" by sinning Christians. A fair ask, really.

As for Sodom and Gomorrah, ehh seems to be more against rape and inhospitality. But that's just one interpretation, there are others floating around I'm sure.

Since I'm not specifically Christian per se, I'll say this. If God is going to sort "them all out" in the end then why worry? Just live a good (however you define that) life and answer for yourself, instead of looking at the dust in your neighbours eyes.

chessplayer

[QUOTE="viole, post: 4437958, member: 52597"]A good test for prayers effectivity. Question: why do you restrict to the people on this forum and not extend to all humanity, people here are a subset thereof?

Ciao

- viole[/QUOTE]

I pray for lots of people and things , but it`s good to be specific , as you can have faith for specifics, Our words can create or destroy, so I pray blessing on this group .

BTW not sure what you mean by , quote " A good test for prayers effectivity "

chessplayer

[QUOTE="
.[/QUOTE]

I think if He was so obvious then He would intimidate people into " serving" Him . That wouldn`t be love , it would be coercion .

We can however see enough of the creation around us to know that there is very definitely someone who is an amazing designer , loves beauty , loves people enough to give them free will, puts up with their nonsense , hoping they will change , until He can`t wait any longer .
The uniqueness of various parts of our anatomy are an undeniable example of a higher being, e.g our DNA , our fingerprint , our retina.

Out of all the billions of stars out there we seem to be the only one with life , the remainder are just for our viewing pleasure and possibly to give us something to marvel at and want to explore.

Each Zebra stripe pattern is unique, The Giraffe has three non return valves in it`s neck to stop it`s head exploding when it stoops to drink , how is that possible ,?

What parts did we do without when we were evolving ? we need everything we have got now to live it`s astounding arrogance to think that we are the highest form of life in the universe. IMO

You can`t see the wind , but you can see it`s effects and therefore know of it`s existence , it`s the same with God.

I could go on and on .

chessplayer

Since I'm not specifically Christian per se, I'll say this. If God is going to sort "them all out" in the end then why worry? Just live a good (however you define that) life and answer for yourself, instead of looking at the dust in your neighbours eyes.

It`s good that you are honest in calling yourself a non believer , also you are right that we shouldn`t judge others , however The Bible judges us all and this forum is looking for answers regarding The Bible and Gays, Yes some of us may come over as being judgemental but i`m sure it`s not intentional , just a matter of declaring God`s Word.

Also Pie in the sky when you die is only part of the truth , eternal favour and the blessing of a relationship with God through Christ , starts here and now.

chessplayer

When I was first saved as an active young man with a good job and no problems in life , I was only responding to logic and my conscience telling me that following God was the right way to go .
I had hardly a thought about eternity or Hell or judgement , I just knew it was right to know Him.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

It`s good that you are honest in calling yourself a non believer , also you are right that we shouldn`t judge others , however The Bible judges us all and this forum is looking for answers regarding The Bible and Gays, Yes some of us may come over as being judgemental but i`m sure it`s not intentional , just a matter of declaring God`s Word.

Also Pie in the sky when you die is only part of the truth , eternal favour and the blessing of a relationship with God through Christ , starts here and now.
I said I'm not specifically Christian, not an unbeliever. I'm more a hybrid of various religious influences on my life.

Also Proselytising is against the forum rules. Just a heads up in case someone reports you.