• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

chessplayer

I said I'm not specifically Christian, not an unbeliever. I'm more a hybrid of various religious influences on my life.

Also Proselytising is against the forum rules. Just a heads up in case someone reports you.[/COLOR]

Hi there SomeRandom ,thanks for that and yes maybe I sometimes miss the mark , but I always try to answer a post in line with the forum subject, if someone promotes their point of view and I know it`s not Biblicalthen I try to answer accordingly.

However I don`t imagine the rules as I have read them are trying to silence anyone , and cause stilted debate.

For example regarding your other comment , about various parts to your faith ,
then I would reply that it`s dealt with in John 14 vs 6
Hope that makes sense .

Are you going to a religious meeting today ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Christians really need to stop caring so much about what people get up to in bed or what sex they're attracted to. It really doesn't matter that much at the end of the day. There's far, far more pressing issues that must be dealt with. If American Christians spent half as much time fighting global imperialist capitalism, exploitation and warfare instead of cheering it on more often than not, as they usually do in the US, as they do bickering about LGBT people and abortion, then the world would change.

Priorities, priorities. I wonder what Christ's priorities would be? Getting mad at two guys getting married or fighting economic exploitation, environmental destruction and imperialistic war? Hmm...

chessplayer

Christians really need to stop caring so much about what people get up to in bed or what sex they're attracted to. It really doesn't matter that much at the end of the day. There's far, far more pressing issues that must be dealt with. If American Christians spent half as much time fighting global imperialist capitalism, exploitation and warfare instead of cheering it on more often than not, as they usually do in the US, as they do bickering about LGBT people and abortion, then the world would change.

Priorities, priorities. I wonder what Christ's priorities would be? Getting mad at two guys getting married or fighting economic exploitation, environmental destruction and imperialistic war? Hmm..

I think that` is true that Christians should be tolerant , however when they see social values and Biblical traditions being eroded and anti Christians lifestyles being imposed on them , that`s just a " bridge too far "

Then we have to respond or at least declare the truth in a loving way.

Regarding your thoughts on the USA , it is still a fact that a huge majority of the world`s population want to go there including huge numbers of Moslems .

Maybe US Christians should be more involved in politics but Christianity is a freely expressed belief, and freely interpreted attitudes to the Biblical directives. so you will get many expressions

Where I am not defending all their actions by any means , I don`t really see where the USA invades and holds onto any country. for their own expansion .

Have a good day :)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I think that` is true that Christians should be tolerant , however when they see social values and Biblical traditions being eroded and anti Christians lifestyles being imposed on them , that`s just a " bridge too far "

We have an anti-Christian lifestyle imposed on us from the moment of birth in the US. The US worships money, vapid celebrities, corporations and the rich while millions of us live in poverty, are homeless and living on the street, toil through wage slavery that amounts to nothing at the end of our lives and have no say in our corrupted system. You think that's a Christian lifestyle?

Well, I'm not really seeing this from my fellow American Christians at large when it comes to the most important issues.

Regarding your thoughts on the USA , it is still a fact that a huge majority of the world`s population want to go there including huge numbers of Moslems .
Because they've been told through propaganda that America is some wonderful land of opportunity. (They do get some financial benefits that regular Americans don't, though.)

Maybe US Christians should be more involved in politics but Christianity is a freely expressed belief, and freely interpreted attitudes to the Biblical directives. so you will get many expressions
Or better yet, forget about politics and start living Christ-like lives right now.

Where I am not defending all their actions by any means , I don`t really see where the USA invades and holds onto any country. for their own expansion .
Perhaps you should start paying attention, then.

Have a good day :)
Yeah, you too.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi there SomeRandom ,thanks for that and yes maybe I sometimes miss the mark , but I always try to answer a post in line with the forum subject, if someone promotes their point of view and I know it`s not Biblicalthen I try to answer accordingly.

However I don`t imagine the rules as I have read them are trying to silence anyone , and cause stilted debate.

For example regarding your other comment , about various parts to your faith ,
then I would reply that it`s dealt with in John 14 vs 6
Hope that makes sense .

Are you going to a religious meeting today ?

Who's trying to silence or stilt debate? Proselytizing is quite annoying and sometimes even insulting/offensive to many people. It's specifically against the forum rules so someone would report such behavior to staff, presumably. So I gave you a friendly heads up. I don't understand??

Ehh, you assume that I take the Bible or indeed any Holy Scripture as completely infallible. I don't. And of course the Christian Bible would say something like that. So I don't find it surprising or convincing in the least.

Probably not. Our religious meetings are usually Saturday nights, but I work so..............

chessplayer

The US is not predominantly Islamic or Hindu or Buddhist , so in that respect it is Christian , but more than that it is probably the source of most of the front line Christian activities in the world.

The UK also has many Christian endeavours including one called" the Alpha Course ". The statistics of this are quite amazing quote from Wilki,
Alpha grew rapidly in the UK in the 1990s, from just 4 courses in 1991 to 2,500 in 1995. A peak was reached in 1998, when 10,500 courses were run. By 2001 this had fallen to 7,300.[6] In 2015, the Alpha website described the course as running in 169 countries and 112 languages, with over 27 million people having taken the course.[7] Courses have been by Anglican, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, British New Church Movement and Orthodox[5] churches and the Roman Catholic Church.[

However ,even that grew as a result of the ministry and input of an American pastor called John Wimber , who so affected the life of the present leader of Alpha , Rev Nickie Gumbel.

Regarding whether the US are imperialistic or expansionist , can you give examples of where they have taken over another country and held on to it ?

chessplayer

Nah, you probably accidentally left a dash or letter off in the HTML code. Happens to many people unknowingly. HTML is very very very pedantic.

Yes you are right ,

Btw , Your Avatar is a kind of Hindu symbol , is that correct, ?

What form do these meetings take on a Saturday night ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The US is not predominantly Islamic or Hindu or Buddhist , so in that respect it is Christian , but more than that it is probably the source of most of the front line Christian activities in the world.

The UK also has many Christian endeavours including one called" the Alpha Course ". The statistics of this are quite amazing quote from Wilki,
Alpha grew rapidly in the UK in the 1990s, from just 4 courses in 1991 to 2,500 in 1995. A peak was reached in 1998, when 10,500 courses were run. By 2001 this had fallen to 7,300.[6] In 2015, the Alpha website described the course as running in 169 countries and 112 languages, with over 27 million people having taken the course.[7] Courses have been by Anglican, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, British New Church Movement and Orthodox[5] churches and the Roman Catholic Church.[

However ,even that grew as a result of the ministry and input of an American pastor called John Wimber , who so affected the life of the present leader of Alpha , Rev Nickie Gumbel.

Regarding whether the US are imperialistic or expansionist , can you give examples of where they have taken over another country and held on to it ?
Having a majority of self-proclaimed Christians does not make a country Christian, especially when most of those self-declared Christians aren't really living as Christ taught us to or even care that much about their faith.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. I was just pointing out some areas where American Christians are completely missing the point of what we should be doing in this world.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes you are right ,

Btw , Your Avatar is a kind of Hindu symbol , is that correct, ?

What form do these meetings take on a Saturday night ?

It is the Goddess Kali. Which is thought to represent the Power/Action/energy of God.

I suppose sort of like Church, but with free dinner and sweets.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
[QUOTE="viole, post: 4437958, member: 52597"]A good test for prayers effectivity. Question: why do you restrict to the people on this forum and not extend to all humanity, people here are a subset thereof?

Ciao

- viole

I pray for lots of people and things , but it`s good to be specific , as you can have faith for specifics, Our words can create or destroy, so I pray blessing on this group .

BTW not sure what you mean by , quote " A good test for prayers effectivity "

Well, I meant that we can check whether your prayer worked. Usually, prayers hit ratios do not go beyond wishful thinking, as honorable as it can be.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We can however see enough of the creation around us to know that there is very definitely someone who is an amazing designer , loves beauty , loves people enough to give them free will, puts up with their nonsense , hoping they will change , until He can`t wait any longer .
The uniqueness of various parts of our anatomy are an undeniable example of a higher being, e.g our DNA , our fingerprint , our retina.

Don't forget our looking like hairless chimps. God seems to be very fond of apes, too. At least to make His own Son incarnate into one.

Out of all the billions of stars out there we seem to be the only one with life , the remainder are just for our viewing pleasure and possibly to give us something to marvel at and want to explore.

That seems like a terrible waste of space.

Each Zebra stripe pattern is unique, The Giraffe has three non return valves in it`s neck to stop it`s head exploding when it stoops to drink , how is that possible ,?

How is that possible that the
laryngeal nerve of the above mentioned giraffe is so stupidly designed?

What parts did we do without when we were evolving ? we need everything we have got now to live it`s astounding arrogance to think that we are the highest form of life in the universe. IMO

With the possible exception of some foreskin. And I think it is even more arrogant to believe that the whole Universe exists just for our viewing pleasure, lol.

You can`t see the wind , but you can see it`s effects and therefore know of it`s existence , it`s the same with God.

Does the set of these effects include children cancer?

I could go on and on .

Please do :)

Ciao

- viole

Princeps Eugenius

Don't forget our looking like hairless chimps. God seems to be very fond of apes, too. At least to make His own Son incarnate into one.

That seems like a terrible waste of space.

How is that possible that the
laryngeal nerve of the above mentioned giraffe is so stupidly designed?

With the possible exception of some foreskin. And I think it is even more arrogant to believe that the whole Universe exists just for our viewing pleasure, lol.

Does the set of these effects include children cancer?

Please do :)

Ciao

- viole
Do humans look like apes or do apes look like (ugly) humans? its up to your point of view really.

Princeps Eugenius

If the relationship "looking like" is symmetric, then it does not really matter.

Ciao

- viole
But it isnt because the two species in question are not identical. So you have to place the value on either humans or apes and one resembles the other or vice versa. When you think about it nothing is symmetric or of equal value. Not even two bugs which you can compare symmetrically one has a greater value to you and the other will be its immitator.

JoStories

You say "the truth" here but whose truth? Certainly not mine. It may be your truth but that does not mean it applys to everyone. And the US is a secular country which specifically states that there is a separation of church and state and for a darn good reason. The country was founded in this manner. I don't see people like Kim Davis or Fred Phelps being particularly tolerant, do you?

JoStories

We have an anti-Christian lifestyle imposed on us from the moment of birth in the US. The US worships money, vapid celebrities, corporations and the rich while millions of us live in poverty, are homeless and living on the street, toil through wage slavery that amounts to nothing at the end of our lives and have no say in our corrupted system. You think that's a Christian lifestyle?

I agree strongly with you about the issues we have here but would include many others besides the ones you mentioned, such as the need to start wars, among others. But overall, you are so right and some of the reasons this country will fail ultimately. I believe that Christians really are the downfall here as well. Forcing that faith on others has long existed in this country, whether overt or covert. A goodly portion of our laws are based on Biblical tenet as well which is expressly prohibited in the Constitution but that doesn't stop Bible beating politicians from doing same.

JoStories

Alpha grew rapidly in the UK in the 1990s, from just 4 courses in 1991 to 2,500 in 1995. A peak was reached in 1998, when 10,500 courses were run. By 2001 this had fallen to 7,300.[6] In 2015, the Alpha website described the course as running in 169 countries and 112 languagesic, with over 27 million people having taken the course.[7] Courses have been by Anglican, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, British New Church Movement and Orthodox[5] churches and the Roman Catholic Church.[

I strongly disagree. This country may have, percentage wise, more Christians than other faiths but those numbers are changing. Christianity is now seen as something that is trying to force their ideals on others. IE: Kim Davis, the anti-abortionists, Fred Phelps, and many others. People are tired of this claptrap. I see more and more vehicles with the Coexist bumper sticker now.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I am not wrong because I am gay,I neither killed nor harmed anyone.
I am not wrong for the way I act or react.
I am not wrong for the way I talk or for my mimics .
I am not wrong because I sleep with men,half of the earth's population does it.
I am not wrong to marry a man so that I will not have to spend tens of years alone .
I am also not wrong because I don't like chocolate ice cream or aubergine .
But I think,it is the bible to be wrong.