• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I'm sorry, I thought you mentioned something about God's laws and the universe or some such like that and how they are unbreakable. Not sure exactly what you said but I do know this -- many people are sick and would like not to be sick. And many firmly believe in evolution as if life started from something they conjecture about -- (it relates to God's laws, but -- maybe later we can discuss it).

That's very odd, considering that I quoted the very post of yours that I was answering: "What is sin?"

I can almost forgive you for not paying attention to my posts, but if you're not even paying attention to your own, I'm left to wonder how much attention has actually been paid to the Bible itself. It's getting tedious.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm asking you. And I'm peer-reviewing your claims.

No offense, friend... but I'm unconvinced.
I believe that life such as birds, bees, beehives, lions, horses, grass and plants testify without words to the fact that there is a God, a Maker and Creator. That's my proof in a way. I also believe that He specially used certain people to outline his position. And...just so you know...I believe He will straighten all things out in the future. So to me (not to everyone), the Bible's account of mankind's record is true.

Revelation 21:3-5 --"Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them.
They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.
‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’
and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the former things have passed away.”
And the One seated on the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true."

TLK Valentine

@TLK Valentine oh, and before I forget, in addition to my last comment, I remember a man who had a cleft palate saying it wasn't "fair" for him to have this. Because we were talking about God. And it was brought out that 'fair' does not work into what is happening, even at God's permission. As time goes on, the idea of things that do not seem fair no longer equates in the picture.

Well, at least we agree that life was never promised to be "fair."

But the good news for your friend is, that while palatoplasty is best performed between 6-12 months, well... better late than never.

TLK Valentine

I believe that life such as birds, bees, beehives, lions, horses, grass and plants testify without words to the fact that there is a God, a Maker and Creator. That's my proof in a way. I also believe that He specially used certain people to outline his position. And...just so you know...I believe He will straighten all things out in the future. So to me (not to everyone), the Bible's account of mankind's record is true.

Revelation 21:3-5 --"Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them.
They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.
‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’
and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the former things have passed away.”
And the One seated on the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true."

Well, that's nice. It has nothing to do with anything we've been discussing, but it certainly is nice.

YoursTrue

That's very odd, considering that I quoted the very post of yours that I was answering: "What is sin?"

I can almost forgive you for not paying attention to my posts, but if you're not even paying attention to your own, I'm left to wonder how much attention has actually been paid to the Bible itself. It's getting tedious.
OK, I can't read everything. Perhaps there are better persons than myself for you to talk to about the situation with God. (Like I say, you might find some individuals on the forums that can wrangle with you.) In fact, I'm pretty sure there are better persons than myself. Do you pray? If you do perhaps that might be a subject in your prayer. That's the only thing that got me to realize there IS a God who cares. It will be for you in my prayer to my God. As I say, hope all goes well with you. Sorry for any overlooks or misunderstandings.

YoursTrue

Well, that's nice. It has nothing to do with anything we've been discussing, but it certainly is nice.
Yes, it is nice. Glad you think so. :) Prayer helps. Nobody, and I mean nobody told me about a new heavens and a new earth even when I went to various houses of worship, spoke to various ministers of the cloth, shall we say...never heard about a new world to come. Of course the politicians of the world do not bring this out, that is verboten in certain societies anyway.
Perhaps you don't like the next illustration I'm going to give, but years ago tuberculosis was rampant. And people went to sanitoriums, hoping to get better. Some did, and some didn't. In other words, it was (and is) a sick world, and there is hope for things to change. I am happy about that hope.

YoursTrue

But the good news for your friend is, that while palatoplasty is best performed between 6-12 months, well... better late than never.

God allows deformities to enter the human race since Adam's sin. The word 'fair' does not enter into the picture. Jesus explained certain things at John chapter 2 when he healed a blind man:
John 2:1Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth, and his disciples asked him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind"? 3Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him."
Thus Jesus healed the blind man.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
God allows deformities to enter the human race since Adam's sin. The word 'fair' does not enter into the picture. Jesus explained certain things at John chapter 2 when he healed a blind man:
John 2:1Now as Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth, and his disciples asked him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind"? 3Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the works of God would be displayed in him."
Does "works of god" here mean his ability to blind people?

YoursTrue

Even from the beginning, God told Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. There was no backup forgiveness to Adam if he did that. When Adam did so at his wife's urging, he showed disdain for God and greater love for his wife than for God. He passed on psychologically and genetically so it seems that attitude to their offspring, he preferring death rather than getting another wife. I very much appreciate what I learned about God, although it has been not something I easily accepted.

TLK Valentine

Great - so did God heal your friend with the cleft palate, did he get surgery, or... what?

TLK Valentine

Even from the beginning, God told Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. There was no backup forgiveness to Adam if he did that. When Adam did so at his wife's urging, he showed disdain for God and greater love for his wife than for God. He passed on psychologically and genetically so it seems that attitude to their offspring, he preferring death rather than getting another wife. I very much appreciate what I learned about God, although it has been not something I easily accepted.

Once again, what does this opinion have to do with anything?

TLK Valentine

God did not blind him. You might as well say evolution did.

What makes you so sure? He wouldn't be the first person God cursed with blindness (2 Kings 6:18-23), and it would make for a useful object lesson for the works of God to (eventually) be displayed in him...

How can you say for certain that God didn't do it?

YoursTrue

What makes you so sure? He wouldn't be the first person God cursed with blindness (2 Kings 6:18-23), and it would make for a useful object lesson for the works of God to (eventually) be displayed in him...

How can you say for certain that God didn't do it?
I suggest you pray over the matter. I am convinced that death and deformities are passed on through Adam and that is because God permits it. One day it will change. More than that I really cannot tell you or answer all your questions.