• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

You describe God and Jesus first. I'm still waiting on you to show me the first being (God), in your view.

Otherwise Creationism is Dead.
Read the Bible. You must lack knowledge of it else you would not be so uninformed.

where and when did the first living creature come into being?
What were the first 5 generations of offspring and what features did they have?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Read the Bible. You must lack knowledge of it else you would not be so uninformed.

You're avoiding my question, and I have read the Bible cover to cover many times.

Now, what does God look like, and how did he come into being? Where was God before to big bang, how long was He there?

If you can't answer these questions. Creationism is a ruse by the Devil.

SavedByTheLord

Oh and it appeared in the ocean, whenever it felt like.

They all had the features of small amorphous cells. Five generations passed within the first few days.
So you just proved evolution and billions of years are lies.
And continue to fulfill dozens Biblical prophecies very many times with exact detail and timing.
what was the first living creature and what features did it have?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And continue to fulfill dozens Biblical prophecies very many times with exact detail and timing.
You keep making claims that prophecies are accurate but you never show that they are.

I know that there are many failed prophecies in the Bible. I do not know of any successful ones.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well it could be a joke.
The Big Bang was a Big Joke.

Here is a simple challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give real evidence of anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.
Just for my interest...

Are you aware that the original author of Big Bang theory was a Belgian physicist who was also a catholic priest?
George LeMaitre. A very devout christian.

Are you also aware that he didn't name his idea? "Big Bang" was in fact a slur that other physicists invented for it, because they thought the idea was so ridiculous.
And then they looked at his paper, the data, the evidence and did further research themselves. And then they were intellectually forced to accept said theory due to the incredibly accurate predictions it made and due to how it accounted for all the facts while contradicted by none.

Just wondering what your thoughts on that are.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Show me photograph of your face of every second you were alive to prove that you are ageing.
If you can't, it must mean that you aren't ageing.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Baseless, unargued assertion.

You've already had the answer to this. It firstly depends on how you define 'living creature', and secondly, abiogenesis is still the subject of a lot of uncertainty, so definitive answers are not available yet.

However, we do know about when the first signs of life appeared on earth and we have endless evidence of the subsequent evolution that gave us the variety and complexity of life today.

Even if you insist, without basis, that abiogenesis was a miracle, that in no way at all calls into question the subsequent evolution.

SavedByTheLord

You've already had the answer to this. It firstly depends on how you define 'living creature', and secondly, abiogenesis is still the subject of a lot of uncertainty, so definitive answers are not available yet.

However, we do know about when the first signs of life appeared on earth and we have endless evidence of the subsequent evolution that gave us the variety and complexity of life today.

Even if you insist, without basis, that abiogenesis was a miracle, that in no way at all calls into question the subsequent evolution.
So again no real answer to a required question.

What was the first living creature and what features did it have?

ratiocinator

So again no real answer to a required question.
You not liking the answer doesn't mean that it isn't real.

You using this as an excuse not to engage with the points I made is strong evidence (as if more was needed) that you don't have a clue about science and cannot back up any of your absurd claims.

SavedByTheLord

Already answered and ignored.
You had no answer.

The answer can then be analyzed and see if it even possible.

If the first living thing was just proteins, how did it ever get evolve to use RNA and DNA? They are irreducibly complex. You need all the parts to be working for it not to be destruction.
If it was just RNA based, how did it to ever evolve to use DNA? It is irreducibly complex. You need all the parts to be working for it not to be destruction.
If it was just DNA based, how did it to ever evolve to use RNA? It is irreducibly complex. You need all the parts to be working for it not to be destruction.
It is was any mixture of these, then how could it or DNA, RNA, or proteins have evolved at all?

The problem for each of these scenarios is the same. A very large specific sequence of amino acids would not happen through natural processes. Here are the calculations.

A first living creature would have to have had at least 100,000 amino acids in a particular sequence. This is extremely generous. The smallest free-living thing has over 1,300,000 base pairs. I also have not included having over 500 million other atoms in it.

The odds against a sequence of 100,000 amino acids (20 types, 39 counting handedness) coming to be by random chance is (10 to the 160,000 power) to 1. That could never have happened anywhere in the universe over the supposed 13.7 billion years of its existence. It actually is impossible because no concentration of that amount of amino acids would happen by random chance. There are other factors that make it impossible. It would be a miracle.Where would such an amount of amino acids even occur in nature to even make a first creature? They must be in very near proximity to where the first creature came to be. In water they would immediately diluted and chemical reactions would destroy it. And above ground or in space, it would be destroyed by the the sunlight. So the first creature is impossible.

If such a great miracle did occur, the poor creature will not survive long at all. It is not protected from its environment. Chemical reactions will begin to destroy it within seconds. Which is just another problem. It would take too long to assemble itself. Destruction will happen faster than construction.
The poor creature cannot feed itself. It will also not be able to repair itself.
It will not be able to have any offspring. So it could never exist. So even if it did come into existence, it would die quickly and could not have offspring

And that is just to get to the first living thing. There would have to at least 1 trillion other miracles to produce all the living creatures by evolution. That would be about 70 miracles for each of the supposed 13.7 billion years.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
More fulfillment of prophecy. I predict that you will post these words dozens of times more. So let it be written, so let it be done. This is the kind of evidence you offer to suggest that your scriptures are of divine provenance, yet my track record is better than what you offer. My prophecies are specific enough that one can tell that they have been fulfilled. The offer time and place (2023 on RF). Your words above have been predicted precisely. Nothing in your Bible can compare to that.

It's interesting to see you accumulating more objectors over time in your ongoing creationist threads in which you post the same thing in each. Here are three more:

1697203634620.png

What interesting is that they, like me, are drawn to this ridiculous discussion. They're intelligent people, so what's the draw?

Related to nothing, here's a funny scene from a movie:

ratiocinator

A first living creature would have to have had at least 100,000 amino acids in a particular sequence.
This is a meaningless claim unless you define what you mean by 'living creature', something you seem to be scared of doing. What's more realistic is to define what the first thing capable of self-replication might have been like, because once we have that, then evolution can take over.

A strand of RNA like this:
NNNNNNUGCUCGAUUGGUAACAGUUUGAAUGGGUUGAAGUAU–GAGACCGNNNNNN​
can do that in the right environment.

It is irreducibly complex.
Nothing have ever been shown to be irreducibly complex.

SavedByTheLord

More fulfillment of prophecy. I predict that you will post these words dozens of times more. So let it be written, so let it be done. This is the kind of evidence you offer to suggest that your scriptures are of divine provenance, yet my track record is better than what you offer. My prophecies are specific enough that one can tell that they have been fulfilled. The offer time and place (2023 on RF). Your words above have been predicted precisely. Nothing in your Bible can compare to that.

It's interesting to see you accumulating more objectors over time in your ongoing creationist threads in which you post the same thing in each. Here are three more:

View attachment 83502

What interesting is that they, like me, are drawn to this ridiculous discussion. They're intelligent people, so what's the draw?

Related to nothing, here's a funny scene from a movie:

Well God predicted that you would act the way you would act with that post from about 2000 years ago.
Your "prophecy" is nothing. And thanks fro continuing to fulfill dozens of Biblical prophecies.

Where did the orderly and fine-tuned laws of nature come from?
Where did all matter come from? Where did antimatter?
Where did all energy come from?
Where did all the protons come from? neutrons? photons? neutrinos? All the quarks? Gluons? Muons? All the anti-particles?
Where did the gravitation force come from? The strong force? The weak force? The electromagnetic force?

ratiocinator

Where did the orderly and fine-tuned laws of nature come from?
Where did all matter come from? Where did antimatter?
Where did all energy come from?
Where did all the protons come from? neutrons? photons? neutrinos? All the quarks? Gluons? Muons? All the anti-particles?
Where did the gravitation force come from? The strong force? The weak force? The electromagnetic force?
I've already explained the problems with these questions - and, what a surprise, you ignored it, just like you ignore everything else you don't like.

Where did your god come from?