• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
A friends wife got food poising from a caramel apple.

He said... Girls and apples... They have been causing trouble since the garden of eden
The account in the Bible is not because of "food poisoning." The death penalty was placed not because the food was poisonous in and of itself, but because they did what God told them not to do or else-- and the or else happened. There is also nothing to suggest it was an apple in the Genesis account.

YoursTrue

Or more likely you do not fully understand it. Just think, it is good news that the myths of Genesis that paint God as evil and incompetent did not happen.
What this shows me, particularly in light of world events and thousands of years history has been written (not by gorillas, by the way), is that mankind is not capable of ruling itself.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Approximately 12 lunar cycles in a year? With such being better divisible than 13?
This is likely. Related, at least potentially, is the designation of 360 degrees in a circle. This is close to the 365 days in a year and allows 5 ( or 6) holy days (holidays) per year.

12 and 360 are much more convenient to the Babylonian number system as well.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually Adam and a number of generations kept the word tart had been revealed to them by God.
But God gave the Torah to Moses, and God created all even the Babylonians.
No reason for a 7 day week except as a memorial of God's creation.
No. Moses was fictional. If you want to claim to study the Bible you need to study the history of it as well.

YoursTrue

We done better than the dodo's....
Or Passenger Pigeons...That'
Wow. That's your response? hmmm, anyway no worries because evolution will finish everyone off according to you, right? Or if not according to you, according to the theory. Poor dodo's. They gone...

YoursTrue

Or Passenger Pigeons...
you know it's interesting because you take Eve's position. Hey! anyway evolution will resolve the matter for some. :) (Have a good evening) If you think mankind can direct itself, again -- have a good one and doesn't really matter since evolution will make sure whatever...:) (No problem.)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Wow. That's your response? hmmm, anyway no worries because evolution will finish everyone off according to you, right? Or if not according to you, according to the theory. Poor dodo's. They gone...
So you think we are not doing better than dodo's or passenger pigeons?

no idea what you are going on about with the rest of that post.
I suspect that you got me mixed up with someone else.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
you know it's interesting because you take Eve's position. Hey! anyway evolution will resolve the matter for some. :) (Have a good evening) If you think mankind can direct itself, again -- have a good one and doesn't really matter since evolution will make sure whatever...:) (No problem.)
You really should stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Again, you seem to have confused me with someone else.

YoursTrue

Or Passenger Pigeons...
No matter how you look at it -- they all dead and according to the theory of evolution, everyone of mankind gonna be dead too. Anyway, because of your responses, I'm going to say bye for now...

YoursTrue

You really should stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Again, you seem to have confused me with someone else.
I'm not putting words in your mouth -- just saying your attitude and position reflects that of Eve when she thought she could be equal to God in a certain sense. Now hey! please -- have a good one!