• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, we will all die. If the human species survives long enough, maybe we will evolve into something less insane. Maybe not, though.
I agree that it is a sad world we live in if that is what you mean. Yes there are things that can make us feel better, beautiful landscapes perhaps, swimming (makes me feel better), music, art maybe, but not I suppose when you're running from bombs with nowhere to go.

YoursTrue

And better that the 'kingdoms' of David and Solomon (who were likely fictional), where slavery was common and killing children for talking back to parents was accepted.
That was back then when kingdoms were a bit different than they are now. To an extent. Because you have slavery in different forms now. Current wars involve religious belief. Guess mankind hasn't progressed that much, huh. The Bible foretells more to come, in a good way for some and not such a good way for others. Matthew 24:14 is one place that mentions this if you care to look it up , and who knows whether some will see this happen. I HOPE SO. I hope it happens. What is your hope? That people will stop killing one another?

YoursTrue

Yes, we will all die. If the human species survives long enough, maybe we will evolve into something less insane. Maybe not, though.
hmm, less insane you say. Measurement? less insane...hmmm...just less insane.

YoursTrue

Doing better than in the days when Yahweh was in charge. We haven't had to drown 99.99999999% of the population.
I think you have that wrong. God let(s) PEOPLE be in charge, and of course, the world displays the results, doesn't it? Protests aren't going to change things.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I agree that it is a sad world we live in if that is what you mean. Yes there are things that can make us feel better, beautiful landscapes perhaps, swimming (makes me feel better), music, art maybe, but not I suppose when you're running from bombs with nowhere to go.
Realize that people are running from bombs in the current war due to religious differences. If religious people took their beliefs less seriously the world would be a better place.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think you have that wrong. God let(s) PEOPLE be in charge,
Assuming any God exists the way you imagine it. If your beliefs are correct the world is exactly as God created it, including humans.
and of course, the world displays the results, doesn't it?
Just as your God created it (according to your beliefs).
Protests aren't going to change things.
Not against people with rigid thinking.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not putting words in your mouth -- just saying your attitude and position reflects that of Eve when she thought she could be equal to God in a certain sense. Now hey! please -- have a good one!
Your imagined assumptions of my position, which has not been revealed by me, are not helping you being taken seriously.
But you continue to dig a deeper hole for your credibility.

YoursTrue

Your imagined assumptions of my position, which has not been revealed by me, are not helping you being taken seriously.
Well, perhaps I am wrong about your idea. In that case I do apologize and sorry to have offended you. Perhaps you believe God has the right and authority to exercise his power in heaven and earth, in this case over mankind.

YoursTrue

Realize that people are running from bombs in the current war due to religious differences. If religious people took their beliefs less seriously the world would be a better place.
In some cases that is true. There is persecution and there are vast differences insofar as action goes. I'll let God settle the prolem, I may observe but not getting involved because I believe God not only has the upper hand, but will exercise his power soon, that is part of the "good news."

YoursTrue

Assuming any God exists the way you imagine it. If your beliefs are correct the world is exactly as God created it, including humans.

It all started with the rebellion of Adam and Eve, which I figure you don't believe in, but it goes along with the theory of evolution insofar as humans make their own decisions as to behavior, etc., and so here we are.

YoursTrue

I figure you don't want to reveal your position?

YoursTrue

My God has allowed the first rebellious humans to make their own way. And here we are as their offspring. Anyway, it coincides with the concept of death by evolution, so no big problem for those believing in the theory of evolution.

YoursTrue

Undertakers would still be around, no?

F1fan

Veteran Member
In some cases that is true. There is persecution and there are vast differences insofar as action goes.
Religion has certainly led to quite a bit of war and death in human history. Religion hasn't solved any problems.
I'll let God settle the prolem,
God doesn't even cure cancers in children, so why expect your Gods to solve anything? Remember, if you think God creatyed everything, then what exists is exactly as your God created it, including humans that wage war. So if you are going to be religious and believe, your God is to blame for what exists and how things are. Do you really think your God made mistakes, and humans aren't exactly as he intended us to be? If God is perfect why would he need to fix anything in what he created?
I may observe but not getting involved because I believe God not only has the upper hand, but will exercise his power soon, that is part of the "good news."
Why did God create a world that needs fixing? Did God screw up, or just likes watching the drama?

It all started with the rebellion of Adam and Eve, which I figure you don't believe in, but it goes along with the theory of evolution insofar as humans make their own decisions as to behavior, etc., and so here we are.
So God created rebellious humans. If God wanted them to be obedient he would have created them to be obedient. But he made them exactly how he wanted them to be. Do you disagree? Or did God screw up, or want to watch the drama unfolkd for human theater?

You can't have it both ways, your God either knew what it was doing or it didn't. Which is it?

My God has allowed the first rebellious humans to make their own way.
Then god knew they would rebel, and made them to rebel. Why would God create beings that wouldn't be obedient if that was what he wanted?
And here we are as their offspring.
Only if you believe the myth is true, which it isn't. Genetic mapping proves the myth isn;t real. That you believe the myth is an error of judgment on your part, as many have explained to you.
Anyway, it coincides with the concept of death by evolution, so no big problem for those believing in the theory of evolution.
Death is more than a concept, it happens. And organisms have evolved for billions of years whether your reliegious bias needs to reject it or not. Your views have been hardline creationist, and there is no rational and factual basis for these beliefs. It illustrates the dangerous influence that religion causes on the human mind.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
People no longer die of smallpox. Antibiotics mean diseases that killed many no longer do so. Violence is down over all. There is less superstition.

Once we moved away from theocracies, life got better. Those places that are still theocracies are oppressive and lack basic freedoms.

Sorry, but having “God in control” just means having religious nuts in control. And that is never a good thing.