• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It is a cosmic mess out there.
And Christian extremism is evidence that it's a mess on earth, too.
Venus rotating the wrong way.
Uranus rotating on its side.
Galaxy 4266 with its arms leading the galaxy's rotation, not trailing it.
Titan retrograde.

And this is just a small sample of this.
All as your God supposedly designed and created, yes? Just like childhood cancers. I suggest you post your complaints about the universe on your church door, it worked for Martin Luther.

SavedByTheLord

And Christian extremism is evidence that it's a mess on earth, too.

All as your God supposedly designed and created, yes? Just like childhood cancers. I suggest you post your complaints about the universe on your church door, it worked for Martin Luther.
Cancers are very sad.

But the world is a fallen world due to sin.

SavedByTheLord

Didn't work out so good. There's been a lot of wastage over the years unless he enjoys watching people suffer in the lake of fire. If so, good job.
Well when you become God and create everything including free will creatures, you can decide on how you will handle evil.
But then you are not God.
So how would you judge Satan, Hitler, Mao, and Stalin?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Well when you become God and create everything including free will creatures, you can decide on how you will handle evil.

God and Satan are fictional characters, the other 3 are long gone and good riddance I say.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
But how would you judge Satan, Hitler, Mao, and Stalin?
Assume for a moment that Satan is real

I have no judgement for fictional or historic characters. I'm glad I didn't live under their sphere of influence, the historic ones that is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you could be so kind as to answer again where should Hitler, Mao, and Stalin be for eternity?
In heaven?
in hell?
in timeout and how long?
annihilation so that they no longer exist?
An infinite punishment cannot be justified. So definitely not in your mythical hell. Punishment is not the ideal solution anyway. We use it because it is easy. Not because it is just. If you want proper punishment have your mythical God give these people a strong sense of empathy and the knowledge of what they did in detail.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Personally, I'ld give Satan a medal for having the courage to stand up to a more powerfull bully and I would stop Hitler etc before they were able to carry out their sick plans.

Think about it.

Suppose you know of a pedophile who just kidnapped a little girl and locked her up in his basement. Would you stand by and wait till he rapes her many times over and then step in to punich him? Or would you deal with him right away before he's able to hurt the little girl?
What would you think of a person who waits?

I know "thinking" isn't one your strengths, but try.

SavedByTheLord

Personally, I'ld give Satan a medal for having the courage to stand up to a more powerfull bully and I would stop Hitler etc before they were able to carry out their sick plans.

Think about it.

Suppose you know of a pedophile who just kidnapped a little girl and locked her up in his basement. Would you stand by and wait till he rapes her many times over and then step in to punich him? Or would you deal with him right away before he's able to hurt the little girl?
What would you think of a person who waits?

I know "thinking" isn't one your strengths, but try.
I would stop it.
But God deals with evil in a different way and there are many different evils.
God punishes evil with everlasting torment in the lake of fire.
For example should God take anyone who has voted for the DNC at least once and throw them into verlasting torment in the lake of fire as soon as they voted?

F1fan

Veteran Member
No.
God made free will creatures not robots.
What does naturally occurring cancers have to do with free will? Why did your God create cancers at all? And why create cancers that affct children? Was that a wise, free will decision by your God?

Free will doesn't correlate to being stupid and making bad choices.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I would stop it.

Thank goodness for that. Then that also means that you are morally superior to the god you worship.

But God deals with evil in a different way

Yeah... by not doing anything at all.

God punishes evil with everlasting torment in the lake of fire.

Which in itself is evil. Actually even more evil then the crimes being punished for.

For example should God take anyone who has voted for the DNC at least once and throw them into verlasting torment in the lake of fire as soon as they voted?
Everlasting torment for anyone is evil.
And I don't even know what you talk about with "DNC", nor do I think I will care.