• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The word of God
What 'word of god'?

Those that are never saved are placed in the lake of fire for ever.
That includes Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and a whole host of very evil people.
Eternal (infinite) punishment is never justified no matter how much finite evil somebody has been responsible for. Such 'justice' would make your god more evil than Stalin, Hitler, and Mao put together.

David1967

Premium Member
I'm curious as to your view on those who pass away that never heard of Jesus. Like generation after generation of people dating back to the foundation of the church. Does God just say, "Well, sorry about your luck."

Esteban X

The word of God
Those that are saved are in heaven forever.
All tears will be dried and the former things will pass away and there will be no more death or sickness or pain.
That's the claim. What evidence do you have to support the claim?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Wow. That's your response? hmmm, anyway no worries because evolution will finish everyone off according to you, right? Or if not according to you, according to the theory. Poor dodo's. They gone...
This comment doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Evolution will finish everyone off? Whaaa?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It all started with the rebellion of Adam and Eve, which I figure you don't believe in, but it goes along with the theory of evolution insofar as humans make their own decisions as to behavior, etc., and so here we are.

Evolution has nothing to do with humans making their own decisioons. Evolution is about how species change overtime. NOTHING else.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The word of God
Those that are saved are in heaven forever.
All tears will be dried and the former things will pass away and there will be no more death or sickness or pain.

So God treats Hitler the same as someone who was good all his life but believed in a different version of the Christian God than you do. What a great bloke he is (sarcasm in case you didn't work it out).

I'm curious as to what esoteric abilities you have to work out which of the numerous Christian denominations is the only correct one?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@SavedByTheLord

I have been following this thread and others that are similar in which you have been very active over the past few weeks........

I just wanted to say a big thank you for being a big factor in me choosing to stop being a Christian

So thanks for that

That's all I have to say.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@SavedByTheLord

I have been following this thread and others that are similar in which you have been very active over the past few weeks........

I just wanted to say a big thank you for being a big factor in me choosing to stop being a Christian

So thanks for that

@Eddi I detect from your post that you did not pray as you made your decision. Not all called Christians are alike in belief. But for me it was a journey from being an atheist, before that an agnostic, and now a Christian by choice and God helping me.

SavedByTheLord

@SavedByTheLord

So thanks for that

Well when you die you will stand before God Almighty and you will condemned to everlasting torment in the lake of fire,
And no one has ever loved you more than Christ who was crucified for all your sins.
And I in love am telling you this.
As to stop being a Christian, there is no such thing, you are not nor ever have been saved.

As part of the amour of God which I have.

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. - Eph 6:16

As you rejecting the gospel of Christ and choosing eternal damnation for yourself and most likely for those that you know and love, here is that also.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? - 2 Cor 2:15-16

28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; - Phil 1:28-29

Of all people that you have ever met, no one has shown such love for you than I have as I have told you the truth. And when you stand before God maybe God will remind you of that and tell you are without excuse.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Well when you die you will stand before God Almighty and you will condemned to everlasting torment in the lake of fire,
And no one has ever loved you more than Christ who was crucified for all your sins.
As to stop being a Christian, there is no such thing, you are not nor ever have been saved.

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. - Eph 6:16

As you rejecting the gospel of Christ and choosing eternal damnation for yourself and most likely for those that you know and love, here is that also.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? - 2 Cor 2:15-16

28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; - Phil 1:28-29

Of all people that you have ever met, no one has shown such love for you than I have as I have told you the truth. And when you stand before God maybe God will remind you of that and tell you are without excuse.
Having to try and threaten people into believing what you believe shows the weakness of your position.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member

Oooooooooooh, I'm soooooooo scared! :rolleyes:

I'm going to do, think, and believe everything you tell me because of your scary fairy tales!

I am glad not to be in the same religion as you

You're good at quoting scripture...... I get the impression that for you doing so is a substitute for thinking and being able to understand things and being able to learn, which you obviously cannot do based on what you have said in this thread and in others like it

YoursTrue

Having to try and threaten people into believing what you believe shows the weakness of your position.
Although I do not agree with everything @SavedByTheLord says, I appreciate many points she makes. Yet we all stand before God. He sees us before we die. He understands everything about us.

YoursTrue

Oooooooooooh, I'm soooooooo scared! :rolleyes:

I'm going to do, think, and believe everything you tell me because of your scary fairy tales!

I am glad not to be in the same religion as you

You're good at quoting scripture...... I get the impression that for you doing so is a substitute for thinking and being able to understand things and being able to learn, which you obviously cannot do based on what you have said in this thread and in others like it
Are you saying you were a Christian until you saw SavedbytheLords posts?