• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
God, the Almighty, created all things about 6000 years ago.
And yet....the major periods in Sumerian history were the Ubaid period (6500-4100 BCE), the Uruk period (4100-2900 BCE), the Early Dynastic period (2900-2334 BCE), the Akkadian Empire period (2334 – 2218 BCE), the Gutian period (2218-2047 BCE), Sumerian Renaissance/Third Dynasty of Ur (2047-1940 BCE), and then decline.

Now, it might challenge you mathematically, but 6500 BCE is actually around 8,500 years ago. So the Sumerians were brewing beer (which we know they did) before God even got around to creating them?

WOW!!! HOW AMAZING IS THAT?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So they have multiple theories and all have been proven false.
Source, please.
That the moon cannot be that old is also established.
How, and by whom? Link, por favor.
Please give the exact unchanging official theory for:
The origin of the universe
How, or when? Science is pretty sure about when, but the details and mechanisms of the expansion are not known. There is, as yet, no testable theory.
and the origin of the first living creature.
Again, the details and place haven't been established, but we do have working hypotheses of many of the mechanisms involved. These are easily demonstrated and observed
Note that the science involved in both the Big Bang and origins of life is much more comprehensive than any alternatives you could name. Christianity certainly has no ideas about these. It simply posits magic.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to your faulty interpretation of the Bible. Why are you interpreting the Bible in a way that is contrary to facts and knowledge?

Who told you this is anything we fallible mortals can attain? All theories in science have changed over time, and that's because we humans have moved from ancient beliefs, as found in the Bible, to fact-based explantions, as science reveals. So your standard here is self-defeating and allows no answers at all, including you. Your own creationist beliefs have changed over time, so even they have changed. They aren't even exact. Notice you have ignored where you came up with how the earth rotates when it isn't mentioned in the Bible. You must be relying on modern science, not the Bible.
Most actual theories are pretty robust, though details are constantly being updated. It's the hypotheses that are often multifarious.
The Bible offers no "explanations" of any of these questions. The best it can do is posit an agent.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The original Big Bang died in the 1960s.
Had to be rescued with the Big Hoax of the Big Fudge Factors of Inflation.
They are working like crazy to find a replacement since that too has been proven false.
OK, please explain how.
Hoax? Isn't a hoax an intentional deception?

So, do you have any alternative hypotheses?
You make a claim prove it.
Have you met the challenge?
Huh?
Here it shows how inflation was used to bail out the Big Bang

But this just outlines the science and hypothesis. It doesn't "bail out" anything. "Big Bang" is just the old term for the more accurate Cosmic Inflation.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Inflation was not part of the Big Bang in 1929.
Check your facts.
Details were scarce when the hypothesis was first proposed. "Big Bang" was descriptive, not a proposed mechanism.
As more details were discovered, the popular title changed. This happens all the time. Venereal disease becomes STD. Phthisic becomes consumption becomes TB. Just names, not mechanisms.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Inflation was not part of the Big Bang in 1929.
Check your facts.
So what? Genetics was not part of Darwin's theory of evolution. You seem to think that science should be unchanging, like the Bible. It is not unlike the Bible it has a correction mechanism for the errors that men make. The Big Bang was not a "revealed truth". It i a model that is the result of decades of work by many different scientists.

What was known in the 1929's was that the galaxies all spread away from each other sometime in the past. The mechanism was not known.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought bacon was one of the Thou shalt nots.
That and cheeseburgers. So do these "nots" multiple, as in the English language? For example a double negative is actually a positive in English. Or do they add? I like to think that they multiple. Making a bacon cheeseburger kosher.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I thought bacon was one of the Thou shalt nots.
Lev 11:7-8
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
And if you interpret the Bible literally ....... bacon is a sin. Be smart, don't interpret the Bible literally, and eat the bacon without agonizing guilt.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That and cheeseburgers. So do these "nots" multiple, as in the English language? For example a double negative is actually a positive in English. Or do they add? I like to think that they multiple. Making a bacon cheeseburger kosher.
Seems to me it would depend on how much bacon is put on it...

But you gotta be careful because to much bacon goes back to a no no

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

That's where Paul comes in. If you want to have your Sunday roast pork dinner then just make Paul greater than Yahweh.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Didn't the serpent in the garden tempt Eve with a bacon cheeseburger?

It's been awhile since I've read Genesis so I may be getting that wrong.
It is completely possible.
Though if it happened it was not written down

At least, not in any version I have seen