• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I think everyone agrees that living things didn't exist until they did. It's the sort of statement that wins a prize for being obvious.
Kind of like Stephen Hawkins assertion that something came from nothing. No proof, no nothing.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Very good! Ok I amend that...on the earth living things did not exist until they did exist. :)
Well, we have no idea if life exists on other planets or not. Given the size of the universe, the mathematical probability is that there is life elsewhere. But so far, we have not encountered it.

YoursTrue

Prove this. The science suggests otherwise. So what wonderful data do you have that shows it wrong?

Bad assumptions make the argument fail.
Bad assumptions? You mean about abiogenesis? And about what was the first living thing on the earth? Or you mean that without God life wouldn't be on the earth?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No; there are some who believe the cell may have always existed.
Who? There were no cells before carbon was formed in the first stars. There were no cells on earth until it cooled enough for liquid water.

YoursTrue

Who? There were no cells before carbon was formed in the first stars. There were no cells on earth until it cooled enough for liquid water.
So the first stars formed carbon. Is that what you mean? The rest I won't even go into.