• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you did not understand. So I will rephrase the question. :)
Was living matter always on the earth? Let's see your hypothesis.
No. There was no life in earth before the earth cooled enough to have liquid water.

There was, however, other matter.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, Stephen Hawking's ideas are based on empirical evidence. So, not even remotely similar.
So what's not right about the universe or rather the powerful mass forming from...nothing? I surely don't know more about the emergence of the heavens and the earth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Like I say, I'm not going to explore that thought. It's scary.
Really? It is not as if you will ever be close to such a star. For example our Sun is only making helium out of hydrogen currently. At leas t that is what I find when Googling the problem. I could be wrong. At any rate it is projected to be quite a while before we turn enough hydrogen into helium before it starts to get to the next element. And our Sun is too small to go nova which means at the most it will make iron and then peter out into just a cold hunk of denser elements. Iron being the heaviest.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Other matter kind of like barren rocks you think?
Not just. The atmosphere was different. So the chemistry was different. The rocks were not oxidized (less oxygen) so were more chemically reactive.

Don’t forget the water, which is matter. And the stuff dissolved in that water. All very chemically reactive.

All matter. Not just barren rocks.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Please tell me you know what the word matter means.
@Polymath257 explained a few things and I have no quibble with it. It may be true and it may not be true, but I have no contention with it. What I believe is that the earth was first without life, then life came to be.on the earth. That is what the Bible says.

YoursTrue

You do know the Earth and the Universe are two separate things, right?
I guess it depends on who is defining it. So let me ask you if you think everything outside the firmament of the earth is considered to be the universe, but the earth is no part of the universe. Do I have this correct about what you said?