• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

The difference, off course, is that Hawkins doesn't just assert it from a faith based position, but actually proposes a mechanism to underpin the claim.
But Hawkins used circular reasoning as John Lenox proved.
All evolutionists and billions of years people do.
That is just one of the reasons that they are so deceived.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the state of reasoning for repeating the same claims over and over that science is wrong and concluding that science is wrong, because the claims against science are repeated?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Esteban X

Are we talking about Stephen HawkinG, or is this actually a physicist named Hawkins we're talking about? It's rather confusing to me.

SavedByTheLord

Are we talking about Stephen HawkinG, or is this actually a physicist named Hawkins we're talking about? It's rather confusing to me.
Sorry.
Yes Stephen Hawking.

HawkinG used circular reasoning as John Lenox proved.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry.
Yes Stephen Hawking.

Is that a proof or just Lenox's argument or claim? Is proof just really what you want and you claim it is proof, when it is not?

Who really is arguing in circles?

Aren't you just breaking your own rules and arguing personal views as assumed?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sorry.
Yes Stephen Hawking.

Yes. @Esteban X also-- Dr. Hawking (sorry about leaving out the final g) figured and said that the universe could start out from nothing. Zilch. Nothing. He said something can come from -- zero. nothing. And who knows? Since the universe was created by God -- I wasn't there at the beginning. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." So when people want to postulate and make theories, they don't know but they keep talking...:)
Dr. Hawking said: "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.
"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist." Better yet, create itself from nothing. Vocabulary can't really do the job well. Back to gorillas again. They don't publish treatises, books, or have doctorate degrees.
So, in other words according to Dr. Hawking, gravity existed (lol) before the universe he figured, and so the universe, he postulated, spontaneously combusted from -- zilch. Or gravity, lol. (Sorry I can't help laughing sometimes.) So gravity EXISTED before the universe "spontaneously combusted" from zilch, of course, or, per Dr. Hawking offers, gravity. Yup, it's fascinating but not that fascinating.. Poor Dr. Hawking -- so sick -- and cherished no hope of ever getting better poor guy. Judgment is up to God.

YoursTrue

Is that a proof or just Lenox's argument or claim? Is proof just really what you want and you claim it is proof, when it is not?

Who really is arguing in circles?

Aren't you just breaking your own rules and arguing personal views as assumed?
Just reciting Dr. Hawking's views. Why not?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
That's just somebody else (who's a bit of a fool from what I've seen of him) making a claim without a reference. I read The Grand Design more than a decade ago and I don't recall anything like this being said in it.

YoursTrue

He said the universe "needed to exist"? I love it...lol again...