• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bright side of Atheism

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Jesus said-"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35)
and gave it his best shot to get it into our thick heads, so to their credit at least Christians are willing to hear him out..;)
Hey Spock will you listen?

"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen, I'm all ears"
Spock-vwj.jpg

Unfortunately listening to Jesus is not an option. All we poor mortals have is the opportunity to listen to a human claiming to speak for him.

Alceste

Vagabond
Unfortunately listening to Jesus is not an option. All we poor mortals have is the opportunity to listen to a human claiming to speak for him.

Quoted for truth. Even more unfortunate is the fact that his earthly ambassadors are so terribly unpersuasive.

Jesus said-"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35)
and gave it his best shot to get it into our thick heads, so to their credit at least Christians are willing to hear him out..;)
Hey Spock will you listen?

"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen, I'm all ears"
Spock-vwj.jpg

Kid, I've flown from one end of this galaxy to the othe other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.

-Han Solo , captain of the Millennium Falcon (not Kirks errand boy)

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You mean we are forced to merely listen to those who had more familiarity with the man than any other humans who ever existed. Oh what wretched times are these when eyewitnesses and people commissioned and empowered spiritually by him to teach us about him are all we have.

99.9% of historical events have less reliable sourcing. In fact probably 80% of what is taught as historical fact in universities around the world has far less. Christ has more textual attestation than any figure in ancient history. I think a far distant second is Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian wars. That book is praised as the most accurate history ever written in secular circles concerning the ancient world and it was about events seen by one man in less than .1% of heir totality.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Kid, I've flown from one end of this galaxy to the othe other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.

He wound up in Carbonite. He was also theatrically wrong.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator

Maybe Solo hasn't heard of The Force?
Tell him Obi..:)

[youtube]x2YQJsbbWNA[/youtube]

He wound up in Carbonite. He was also theatrically wrong.

The Force, it turns out, wasn't mystical at all.
It was scientifically explained as microscopic creatures in the bloodstream.

Whah whah whah whaaaaaaaaaaaaah.:p

You don't want to test me on sci fi/ fantasy lore.
I'm king of geeks , buddy.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
The Force, it turns out, wasn't mystical at all.
It was scientifically explained as microscopic creatures in the bloodstream.
That is not an explanation it is a source and is no less mysterious.

Whah whah whah whaaaaaaaaaaaaah.:p

You don't want to test me on sci fi/ fantasy lore.
I'm king of geeks , buddy.
You may beat me in many geeky places but I am a big star wars fan. You want to see something funny, look up Triumph the insult comic dog interviewing star wars geeks.

May the farce be with you.

That is not an explanation it is a source and is no less mysterious.

You may beat me in many geeky places but I am a big star wars fan. You want to see something funny, look up Triumph the insult comic dog interviewing star wars geeks.

May the farce be with you.

Bah, midichlorians are just little critters that can control gravity and space wave thingys and such.
I have that Triumph on dvd. All the poop thats fit to show. My favorite part is spock flipping them all off at the end.
I watch it and every other star wars related dvd in my star wars man cave , as well as playing star wars video games surrounded by shelf uppn shelf of vintage and modern star wars action figures, toys, books and memorabilia.

Yes. It is a sickness. But i love it!!!.

My star trek stuff is just packed away till one of the kids move out an i get a bigger room.

Another bright side to atheism...
MORE TIME FOR STAR WARS!!!!!

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
..I watch it and every other star wars related dvd in my star wars man cave..

Good for you mate, here's a vid that might interest you if you haven't already seen it, about Ewan McGregor's motorbike trip in Tunisia with his mate.
Pick it up at 6:15 where they're enroute to one of the old Star Wars film locations, he's walking around the place and his pictures on the wall, but nobody recognises him, ha ha..:)

[youtube]dmIQdTHD3rA[/youtube]

Some stills from the vid-
Tun-McGregor_zps1e25b53d.jpg~original

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Bah, midichlorians are just little critters that can control gravity and space wave thingys and such.
I have that Triumph on dvd. All the poop thats fit to show. My favorite part is spock flipping them all off at the end.
I watch it and every other star wars related dvd in my star wars man cave , as well as playing star wars video games surrounded by shelf uppn shelf of vintage and modern star wars action figures, toys, books and memorabilia.

Yes. It is a sickness. But i love it!!!.

My star trek stuff is just packed away till one of the kids move out an i get a bigger room.

Another bright side to atheism...
MORE TIME FOR STAR WARS!!!!!
Then you truly are the Uberdork.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

Not certain, but I think he is too comical and ends up breaking the action mood people want to see in the Star Wars movies. It may also be offense at a perceived ethnic stereotype.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Not certain, but I think he is too comical and ends up breaking the action mood people want to see in the Star Wars movies. It may also be offense at a perceived ethnic stereotype.

I do not agree with them but I can see that the former could be an issue to some but the latter is pathetically absurd for anyone to hold. What ethnicity is being slighted exactly? There are no Gungans to be hurt by it. Political correctness is the worst idea ever adopted by moral insanity.