• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
That fact pretty much punches hard and squarely into the gut of national pride.

Ouch!
Not really. In 2016 I was in shock that this integrity-free citizen I had been shaking my head at since the 1970s actually won the Presidency. And then I realized how proud I was that our founders truly meant anybody could be president.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not really. In 2016 I was in shock that this integrity-free citizen I had been shaking my head at since the 1970s actually won the Presidency. And then I realized how proud I was that our founders truly meant anybody could be president.
I still remember my classroom days as a child , hearing my teacher tell us that anyone in this class sitting here might one day be the president of this country.

Now at about 60 years of age, I know the rest of the story.

We Never Know

No Slack
Even a felon evidently.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
While I agree in general, that may be the best we can hope for considering the current state of civic understanding in this country. The Democratic party may be barely left of the conservative parties in Europe, but it is only left of center enough in this country to keep it relevant. It is not so much the policies that are the problem, but overcoming the ignorance of the electorate to what policies would actually help them since the Raygun's revolution. Unfortunately demagoguery is much easier than education.

Maybe we need a new version of Lenin? ;)

I think the Democrats need a left-wing equivalent of Trump.

I'm sad to have to say it, but from the point of view of many American viewers, Biden is losing. It's not got anything to do with the words that either of them are saying -- it's all how they appear and sound.

Anybody remember the Nixon/Kennedy debate? People who heard it on the radio mostly thought that Nixon won -- because they heard the words. People who watched it on TV were certain Kennedy won, because he wasn't sweating the way that Nixon was.

We're human. Most of us (I guess) don't much care what people are saying. We respond mostly to visual cues. If you look strong, you must be strong. If your voice is strong, you must be strong -- even if you're telling the most obvious lies and nonsense.
It's a shame that the dems went all in on gays and trans because that will be their downfall. I'm not a fan of Trump but I'd vote for him just to stop that crap from spreading even further

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's a shame that the dems went all in on gays and trans because that will be their downfall. I'm not a fan of Trump but I'd vote for him just to stop that crap from spreading even further
Since you're responding to a gay man, I'll respond back. I dislike bigotry in all forms. I do not mind that you are married, or straight, or a person of faith. But I do mind being spoken to as if I am not worth the air I breathe.

So if you don't mind, leave me out of your discussions going forward. Thank you.

Since you're responding to a gay man, I'll respond back. I dislike bigotry in all forms. I do not mind that you are married, or straight, or a person of faith. But I do mind being spoken to as if I am not worth the air I breathe.

So if you don't mind, leave me out of your discussions going forward. Thank you.
I don't care about anyone's orientation but I do care about LGBT issues being shoved in my face at every opportunity, small children receiving hormone therapies to permanently change their genders, and trans men competing in women's competitions, to name a few things. It's absolute madness and the rational gays (the ones that fought for equality in the last generation) acknowledge that it's madness as well (and are being attacked by those same nihislistic trans maniacs from this generation).

Pogo

That would depend on what side one was on. ;0)

International rule of forum rules states that the one with biggest stick ban button always wins! Always!

And if you are on a religious forum, that is the religious and generally Christian POV, seems the same here.

Otherwise there is Stephen Colbert's truism from 2006 at a dinner for President George W. Bush.

Reality has a well known liberal bias​

Pogo

1719607825156.jpeg

apparently some dinosaurs did survive.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't care about anyone's orientation but I do care about LGBT issues being shoved in my face at every opportunity, small children receiving hormone therapies to permanently change their genders, and trans men competing in women's competitions, to name a few things. It's absolute madness and the rational gays (the ones that fought for equality in the last generation) acknowledge that it's madness as well (and are being attacked by those same nihislistic trans maniacs from this generation).
Funny...I'm gay and I don't get LGBT issues shoved in my face at all. As it happens, it's Pride Weekend here in Toronto, where one of the world's largest Pride festivals takes place every year. I won't be there -- can't be bothered. I live a nice, quiet life with my partner of 30+ years, and our social life is spent almost exclusively among ordinary folks. (That means "mostly cis and straight and working class" FYI.)

But you think things are getting shoved in your face? How about the more than 540 bills that have been introduced and/or passed all around the United States specifically designed to make LGBTQ+ lives more difficult, more hidden, more "distasteful" to all you good "people of faith?" Don't you think those get in OUR faces?

But of course, that's not an issue for you, is it?

As to your points about "small children receiving hormone therapies to permanently change their genders, and trans men competing in women's competitions," -- how many of those are there, do you think? I mean, is this happening everywhere around you? How many have you seen? How many can you name? Or are you just listening to the near-hysterical "reporting" of the Christian and right-wing media, and assuming that little trans boys and girls practically outnumber the rest of kids in schools, or that there are hardly enough cis-women to keep up with all the trans women (not trans men, by the way) competing in their sports? Because as near as I can tell, it's pretty rare, in reality.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't care about anyone's orientation but I do care about LGBT issues being shoved in my face at every opportunity, small children receiving hormone therapies to permanently change their genders, and trans men competing in women's competitions, to name a few things.
Some feel the same about being made aware that black people exist and have equality. That's the hard thing with bigotry, the reality of those prejudiced against will likely cross their path in a free society.
It's absolute madness and the rational gays (the ones that fought for equality in the last generation) acknowledge that it's madness as well (and are being attacked by those same nihislistic trans maniacs from this generation).
Trans people are the new, easy target for hate. For some reason bigots have to make the private lives of trans people their own business.