• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I find it funny that "Trump will chicken out and won't show" has been replaced with "Biden had a cold".
Shows the nature of their accuracy and the excuses following to cover up.

The sanctimonious and self assured crowd does things like that.

We Never Know

No Slack
It is my unpopular opinion that BOTH parties should seriously rethink their nominations and actually provide candidates that the American people can actually get behind.
Maybe that's why the debate was set 3-4 months earlier than usual.. To check out how they would perform.

It was the earliest presidentsl debate ever. They are usually held in Sept or Oct

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump lied and Biden screwed the pooch.
Both sides need to accept reality and quit making excuses.
It would be preferable had both sides focused on their abilities rather then focus on someone else's flaws.

Great example of poor leadership without expressed plans of action to achieve a vision.

We Never Know

No Slack
It would be preferable had both sides focused on their abilities rather then focus on someone else's flaws.

Great example of poor leadership without expressed plans of action to achieve a vision.
If anyone here carried out the amount of personal attacks that happened at the debate, they would be suspended or banned lol

Yazata

The New York Times seems to have adopted a new line:

GRKMWzUWcAMGVxR

Pogo

I think this points up one of the glaring weaknesses in the Democratic strategy these past several years. All they've really been doing is reacting to Trump and going on and on about how bad Trump is. This has allowed Trump to set the narrative and tone, when the Democrats might have been better off to take a completely different approach, something befitting a party which supposedly embraces progressivism and favors the working classes. Too many strange bedfellows have tied the Democrats' hands to the point where they can't put up their best fight anymore, Biden's physical ailments notwithstanding.
While I agree in general, that may be the best we can hope for considering the current state of civic understanding in this country. The Democratic party may be barely left of the conservative parties in Europe, but it is only left of center enough in this country to keep it relevant. It is not so much the policies that are the problem, but overcoming the ignorance of the electorate to what policies would actually help them since the Raygun's revolution. Unfortunately demagoguery is much easier than education.

Maybe we need a new version of Lenin? ;)

Pogo

Classic text book Pigeon Chess.

The really really sad part....

It worked.
I gave up after 15 minutes of Trump falsehoods and exaggerations and Biden's bad audio engineering that made him sound even softer than his normal constrained speech should have sounded. Maybe it was a cold, but then there are lots of drugs that could have overcome that would have been appropriate were that really the case. (former audio engineer here)