• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No. The cause was the actual instigators at the Capitol. Trump was no where near the place.
And when I yell "fire" in a crowded theatre, I was nowhere near the people who got trampled.

And, come to think of it, Osama Bin Laden was nowhere near New York on 9/11.

Totally blameless, the pair of us.

PureX

Veteran Member
It was a bit scary watching Trump blatantly lie and blame Biden for all his own failings, and for all the damage he did as a result of them. It was a practice strait out of Hitler's "how to be a fascist dictator" playbook. And you know the Trump cult was just eating it all up.

We Never Know

No Slack
I see you did answer with "I do not know".

To set the record straight, I did not make a false claim.

I flat out stated "I do not recall.."
Your false claim....

I do not recall them making ang claim about Trump accepting the results or not.
They spent all the time dancing around it.

Even after I flat out asked.

If I answered after you asked, then I didn't dance around it.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It was a bit scary watching Trump blatantly lie and blame Biden for all his own failings, and for all the damage he did as a result of them. It was a practice strait out of Hitler's "how to be a fascist dictator" playbook. And you know the Trump cult was just eating it all up.
The thing about Trump is that he is a performer, and he can tell lie after lie and it sounds like he's being truthful. Most of us don't have conmen in our lives, and we tend to trust people at face value. Trump sounds confident, and assertive. It can be easy to believe what he says UNTIL a preson understands who Trump is. If a voter is not well informed on the lies that Trump told, and tells on a regular basis, it all sounded convincing.

No one won the debate. Biden was ill and out of it, and Trump told one falsehood after another.

I've never seen Biden this bad, so I can buy the claim that he was sick. He'd had a lot of traveling in the past few weeks, going to Europe. Trump has been practicing his natural false rhetoric at rallies, and he had his sound bites already. Biden had been preparing but it may have worn him out. In a way how can anyone debate a conman? Trump just threw out one false claim after another, and all an opponent can do is throw out true claims, and the more confident performer will win. Too bad Trump is a professional conman.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Overall, it cannot be denied, Biden did not do what he needed to do. He was fine on policy, but the people who really understand how government works are already on his side, so for the others, he really needed to display energy and strong leadership to pull some of them in. He didn't do that.

On the other hand, Trump needed to be a decent person this time. Those who don't mind his taking shots at everybody and their children, or who aren't in the least bothered by his lies, philandering and plain grift -- well, they're already on his side. To pull the undecideds and anyone on Biden's side, this time he needed to be a nice guy. That is palpably beyond his capacity for anything longer than about 30 seconds. So he didn't do what he needed to, either.

Thus, since I don't see the Democrats finding somebody to replace Biden in the short time they have left, and I don't see the Republicans even daring to think about replacing Trump, this election is going to come down to who people are going to vote against, rather than for. Picking the lesser of two evils -- or reverting to Kennedy. So I can see Kennedy picking up some votes, but it will never be enough to win the election. So the nation will inevitably choose the least dangerous of Biden and Trump.

In my personal view, that's still Biden -- but my view may not be the view of many Americans. I can't read them very well. As a nation, they are more different than Canadians than I thought.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The thing about Trump is that he is a performer, and he can tell lie after lie and it sounds like he's being truthful. Most of us don't have conmen in our lives, and we tend to trust people. If a voter is not well informed on the lies that Trump told, and tells on a regular basis, it all sounded convincing.

No one won the debate. Biden was ill and out of it, and Trump told one falsehood after another.

I've never seen Biden this bad, so I can buy the claim that he was sick. He'd had a lot of traveling in the past few weeks, going to Europe. Trump has been practicing his natural false rhetoric at rallies, and he had his sound bites already. Biden had been preparing but it may have worn him out. In a way how can anyone debate a conman? Trump just threw out one false claim after another, and all an opponent can do is throw out true claims, and the more confident performer will win. Too bad Trump is a professional conman.

I think this points up one of the glaring weaknesses in the Democratic strategy these past several years. All they've really been doing is reacting to Trump and going on and on about how bad Trump is. This has allowed Trump to set the narrative and tone, when the Democrats might have been better off to take a completely different approach, something befitting a party which supposedly embraces progressivism and favors the working classes. Too many strange bedfellows have tied the Democrats' hands to the point where they can't put up their best fight anymore, Biden's physical ailments notwithstanding.

F1fan

Veteran Member
A fairly fast list of falsehoods that Trump told during the debate. Very Gish Gallop strategy, just spew out one lie after another. How can anyone respond to each one?