• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Debate of God.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
We only make .000000000000000000001% of the galaxy, not even that. The space we take up in the entire universe has to be 0.(insert googol zeros here)1

If anything we'd be part of the decoration

Just another display of God's almighty power, yet again amazing us :p

im ready!
ask away but im just going to say this
im arguing to say that there is the possiblity that a god could exist( not justhe christian beleif in god)
just post your questions and i'll answer them

9Westy9

Premium Member
im ready!
ask away but im just going to say this
im arguing to say that there is the possiblity that a god could exist( not justhe christian beleif in god)
just post your questions and i'll answer them

1) Do you believe a god exists?
2) If so what lead you to that conclusion?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Just another display of God's almighty power, yet again amazing us :p

Didn't know if you wanted an answer :D Sorry bout that

God might have the power to talk to us but why not put us on a bigger world in a place in the universe that would be easy to find, like the center of all?

9Westy9

Premium Member
Didn't know if you wanted an answer :D Sorry bout that

God might have the power to talk to us but why not put us on a bigger world in a place in the universe that would be easy to find, like the center of all?

because it was God's plan to do it this way :D. Seriously though, I have no idea :p

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Westy, I wish to comment on your Signature. By the looks of it your signature is saying that whether Christianity is true or not we should believe in Christ as to avoid hell and eternal damnation. I disagree with that because if you believe in God only for this reason, you are subjecting yourself to fear and are preventing yourself from experiencing many enjoyable aspects of life; for example refusing to use condoms because you fear you will be damned.

Also, christianity is not the only religion to have an everlasting place of torment for your sins. Ancient Greek and Jainistic beliefs both constitute a place of suffering for sins, however you do not believe in those (otherwise you would not be christian).

I doubt the concept of hell is your only reason for believing in Christ; I just wanted you to know that the concept of Hell does not make Christianity more reasonable than other religions.

9Westy9

Premium Member
Westy, I wish to comment on your Signature. By the looks of it your signature is saying that whether Christianity is true or not we should believe in Christ as to avoid hell and eternal damnation. I disagree with that because if you believe in God only for this reason, you are subjecting yourself to fear and are preventing yourself from experiencing many enjoyable aspects of life; for example refusing to use condoms because you fear you will be damned.

Also, christianity is not the only religion to have an everlasting place of torment for your sins. Ancient Greek and Jainistic beliefs both constitute a place of suffering for sins, however you do not believe in those (otherwise you would not be christian).

I doubt the concept of hell is your only reason for believing in Christ; I just wanted you to know that the concept of Hell does not make Christianity more reasonable than other religions.

Maybe you misread it? It's saying that believing that Christ can save whilst reason and logic results in eternal damnation is ridiculous. It's why I don't conform to a believe saves idea. Also I'm not religious :D

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Alright, lets start a new topic question. I've heard that a grand criticism for science is that it only focus's on physical objects. If you are of this opinion, I ask what other stuff is there in the universe?

9Westy9

Premium Member
Alright, lets start a new topic question. I've heard that a grand criticism for science is that it only focus's on physical objects. If you are of this opinion, I ask what other stuff is there in the universe?

Is this a criticism of science in general or of scientism? "The belief that the investigative methods of the physical sciences are applicable or justifiable in all fields of inquiry."

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Science in general really. I suppose I believe in scientism, however if was presented with a more accurate and reliable means of describing the function of matter, energy, or something we have not yet discovered, then I will believe that.

And that is what I am looking for in this new topic. If you think science is flawed (not the ones doing it) then what do you have as an alternative?

Plus, if you disagree with my requirements for a new method of explaining everything, then say why.

Tiberius

I don't think science focuses just on the physical. After all, it deals with energy, and mathematics as well.

Science focuses on the testable.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Good point. When I said physical I meant the physical world, of which enery is a part of. Also, I see math as more of a tool of science, and not something it "deals with."

Daviso452

Boy Genius
I am not the one that oposes it. I am looking for people that opose it and for them to explain their views. But what i constantly hear is that science is limited to just physical things such as matter and energy. I've never been able to ask about it so that's why I posted the question.