• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats are in trouble because of the Supreme Court nomination

ecco

Veteran Member
I do watch Fox more than CNN and local news at night. I can see why Fox is number one also.
You have middle of the road outlets: ABC, NBC, CBS
You have liberal leaning outlets: CNN
You have right wing conservative outlets: Fox

If viewers are split 60/40 (liberal/conservative), Fox will get the 40. The other four will each get 1/4 of the of the 60 (15).

Now can you "see why Fox is number one also"?

tytlyf

Not Religious

If viewers are split 60/40 (liberal/conservative), Fox will get the 40. The other four will each get 1/4 of the of the 60 (15).

Exactly, moderates and the majority of the population don't watch Fox. Fox goes after the conservative culture. Playing country music, military shows, etc etc. The republican establishment knows how to play the 'conservative card' to keep 'em voting corporate.

Phantasman

Only according to RW entertainment outlets. They're known to lie.

Correct, America has a separation of church and state. Trying to legislate christian inspired laws is unConstitutional. The "god" referenced isn't the christian god.

The founding fathers were deists, not christian. Deists are secular. Creator =/= jesus.

Learn what a Deist is.
They weren't all deists. Coming from England, who did they think God was? They just fled the Church of England that made England a theocracy. We are not a theocracy. But our laws follow the Judaic/Christian theme.

Most were Protestant. Learn what Protestant means.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-Deism-and-Christianity-1272214

(my link is not RW, by the way, nor is a lot of what I believe.

Phantasman

Exactly, moderates and the majority of the population don't watch Fox. Fox goes after the conservative culture. Playing country music, military shows, etc etc. The republican establishment knows how to play the 'conservative card' to keep 'em voting corporate.
All that tells me is that you are a CNN watcher and believer.

I used to watch CNN exclusively. But lost interest when I started seeing then spin things I knew to be true (like Trump calling "Illegals" animals after I had just watched the conversation and he clearly was calling MS13 animals). No big deal, Pelosi made the same mistake, speaking after seeing CNN before she heard the real deal. CNN was quick to bury that story after getting caught.

Phantasman

[Phantasman digs for calculator]:)

esmith

Veteran Member
Guess you just spout off your own theories vice relying on facts.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/
https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/may...e-news-network-for-197-straight-months/365840
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cable-news-ratings-ingraham-angle-msnbc-1202864704/
https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/06/06/cnns-massive-ratings-collapse-marches-june/ (just have to throw this one in to p**s you off)
https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They weren't all deists. Coming from England, who did they think God was? They just fled the Church of England that made England a theocracy. We are not a theocracy. But our laws follow the Judaic/Christian theme.

Most were Protestant. Learn what Protestant means.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-Deism-and-Christianity-1272214

(my link is not RW, by the way, nor is a lot of what I believe.
I assume that the Constitution's framers were a diverse lot, certainly
including many Christians. But what matters is the document they
crafted, the one which became our fundamental legal structure.
It is clearly a secular document.
And it makes sense that religious folk who knew of religious strife
would want it this way....for their own protection from each other.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
You're the resident RW media watcher. Aren't you embarrassed? Fan of Steve Bannon are ya? Tea Party supporter. The perfect cookie-cutter mold of what the republican establishment targets.

Phantasman

I assume that the Constitution's framers were a diverse lot, certainly
including many Christians. But what matters is the document they
crafted, then one which became our fundamental legal structure.
It is clearly a secular document.
And it makes sense that religious folk who knew of religious strife
would want it this way....for their own protection from each other.
They wanted religion to flourish freely in my view. Doubt they would have objected to a Christmas tree in the halls of liberty.

I don't see them wound as tight as todays Congress. Congressmen touting that the new judge elect to the supreme court will cost millions of lives has lost connection to the Constitution as well as the democratic process.

I see the Dems following the special interests that gather in groups in the cities, while most of America is seeing nothing but unruly extremists on their TV sets.

The 2018 election will be the only scale that tips towards what the entire country wants. Like I said, I am not a crusader and will accept the outcome, no matter who comes out ahead. The question is, will the extremists do the same. Judging by the past year and a half, I'm filled with doubt that they will.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They wanted religion to flourish freely in my view. Doubt they would have objected to a Christmas tree in the halls of liberty.
I doubt too that they'd approve of religious displays for one religion
with exclusions of others, particularly at taxpayer expense.
I don't see them wound as tight as todays Congress. Congressmen touting that the new judge elect to the supreme court will cost millions of lives has lost connection to the Constitution as well as the democratic process.
I see the Dems following the special interests that gather in groups in the cities, while most of America is seeing nothing but unruly extremists on their TV sets.

The 2018 election will be the only scale that tips towards what the entire country wants. Like I said, I am not a crusader and will accept the outcome, no matter who comes out ahead. The question is, will the extremists do the same. Judging by the past year and a half, I'm filled with doubt that they will.
I too see a problem with extreme (as in uncivil) reactions lately.

esmith

Veteran Member
You're the resident RW media watcher. Aren't you embarrassed? Fan of Steve Bannon are ya? Tea Party supporter. The perfect cookie-cutter mold of what the republican establishment targets.
Ah, I see got caught didn't you, so you deflect as usual.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The fact that a lot of people watch an entertainment news channel for their news shows how so many people believe fake news. A lot of them like Hannity don’t even pretend to be legit or have any journalistic integrity. I’ve been commending UK for not giving fox ratings cause they know better.

esmith

Veteran Member
The fact that a lot of people watch an entertainment news channel for their news shows how so many people believe fake news. A lot of them like Hannity don’t even pretend to be legit or have any journalistic integrity. I’ve been commending UK for not giving fox ratings cause they know better.
And you know what opinions are don't you?

tytlyf

Not Religious
And you know what opinions are don't you?
Those are facts about Hannity. Hannity is all about opinion. The opinions will sound the same as other RW performance artists. Then conservatives repeat it.

No sane person takes Hannity seriously. It's proven he's a liar. Propaganda is powerful. Why else would Russia target conservatives the past election if propaganda didn't work?

esmith

Veteran Member
Those are facts about Hannity. Hannity is all about opinion. The opinions will sound the same as other RW performance artists. Then conservatives repeat it.

No sane person takes Hannity seriously. It's proven he's a liar. Propaganda is powerful. Why else would Russia target conservatives the past election if propaganda didn't work?
That is your opinion, and I could care less what it is.

tytlyf

Not Religious
That is your opinion, and I could care less what it is.
Ok, I'll play. Want a list of lies? How about telling everyone Trump inherited a terrible economy and has personally made everything great?

If there weren't people vulnerable to propaganda, Fox would be out of business a long time ago. I like how they removed "Fair and Balanced."

Entertainment vs News. Just listen to the words and tone Hannity uses when he's reading the teleprompter. I'd like to know who writes what Hannity reads off the teleprompter?

esmith

Veteran Member
I am actually interested to hear your opinion on the matter of Sean Hannity. Do you consider him and his show a reliable source of information?
I do not watch Sean Hannity so I have no opinion and I would form my own opinion vice relying on the opinion of others (political venue) especially certain members.