• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats are in trouble because of the Supreme Court nomination

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our wars have been won by men citing For God and Country. I doubt many will be won by citing "FOR MAXINE WATERS".
Country....worth defending.
God & Maxine Waters...2 of the least defenseworthy individuals around these days.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just curious, did you feel the same way when Obama (or any other President in our history) nominated his Supreme Court Justice choices?
Do you remember Merrick Garland?
He had previously been put up for nomination by Republicans. When Obama nominated him, they played hard core partisan politics and refused to even vote.
Demonstrating to anybody who cares that all the Republicans really care about is their party, not the USA.
Again.

Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He had previously been put up for nomination by Republicans. When Obama nominated him, they played hard core partisan politics and refused to even vote.
Demonstrating to anybody who cares that all the Republicans really care about is their party, not the USA.
Again.

Tom
Wait....you mean to tell me that parties will
play tricks to stack the SCOTUS with their ilk?
And that the Republicans do this too?
I am shocked, I tell you...shocked!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Wait....you mean to tell me that parties will
play tricks to stack the SCOTUS with their ilk?
And that the Republicans do this too?
I am shocked, I tell you...shocked!
How was Garland "of their ilk"? He had previously been put up for nomination by Republicans.
So show me a similar episode, from the Democrats. One where they rearranged the process of SCOTUS appointments for partisan purposes.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How was Garland "of their ilk"? He had previously been put up for nomination by Republicans.
So show me a similar episode, from the Democrats. One where they rearranged the process of SCOTUS appointments for partisan purposes.
Tom
Did I say every appointment was significantly partisan?
No.
But they so often are.

Btw, in the movie, Deadpool 2, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a candidate for Deadpool's X-Force team.
(That one should earn me an <informative> frubal.)

Phantasman

Yeah I am sure God takes sides in petty human wars.

It's funny, every nation claims God is on their side in war, it's laughable.

BTW
Dying for your country, is not noble, it's foolish.
Thank God and the men who died that you can even say that. There's many who can't.

See it as you will.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Who thinks Trump is going to stick to the approved list of four ?
Any guesses before the doom of fate lowers ?
It could be Lee or that Jeanne pseudo judge !
Surprise or not ?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What part of the Constitution is being violated?
There's nothing in the Constitution about waiting until the next election before voting on the President's SCOTUS nominee.
And then there's the deep irony of waiting until "The People" have spoken, and Clinton got more votes than Trump by millions, and yet Trump nominated someone who is now on SCOTUS. The People spoke and were ignored in favor of Republican partisanship.
Tom

tytlyf

Not Religious
I think the founding fathers would be rolling in their graves from a lot of what the liberals are wanting. Taxes being one. Over extension Government control being another. Lowering taxes and eliminating job killing regulations make them rest better, for sure

Nonsense. More RW talking points repeated by every conservative. Do you know what the separation of church and state is?

Our wars have been won by men citing For God and Country. I doubt many will be won by citing "FOR MAXINE WATERS".
? Wow, Fox is an entertainment outlet, it's not news.

Does it anger you that the original Pledge of Allegiance didn't have 'under god' in it?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But we will get even mid time election November!
Is that kinda like the 2016 election where Clinton had a 90% chance of winning?
Then the BernieBros voted to let Trump take office because Clinton was so evil and establishment?

Leftist purists are the Republican's best allies. And I rather expect the combination of Deplorables and BernieBros to result in Trump getting a solid vote of confidence in November.
Tom

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Again.

Tom

Not even close to what this conversation was about...

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not even close to what this conversation was about...
You don't think that this conversation is about Supreme Court nominations?
Oh, that's right. You're a deplorable Trump supporter. You don't think that facts matter.
I forgot. My deepest apologies.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's nothing in the Constitution about waiting until the next election before voting on the President's SCOTUS nominee.
And then there's the deep irony of waiting until "The People" have spoken, and Clinton got more votes than Trump by millions, and yet Trump nominated someone who is now on SCOTUS. The People spoke and were ignored in favor of Republican partisanship.
Tom
Politics is full of irony & hypocrisy.
But neither is inherently unconstitutional.
So what's the basis for the claim?

Shad

Veteran Member

There are a lot of loopholes regarding nominees, reviews and voting in general. Dems are playing the same card now.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Trump will get his nominee through if it's any of the four he's mentioned.