• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Destruction of America

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's....quite the leap. How should it be covered differently?
"Should" is all about perspective.
News organizations should sensationalize news for financial gain.
But they shouldn't do so in a way which exacerbates racism, fears, & hatreds.
I see no solution to the problem.
Where I live and work, I meet and talk to a lot of black folk on a daily basis, and I never felt any animosity directed toward me based on my skin. Most of them, like most people in general, are sensible.
I've run into racist black folk in NYC.
But not so much where I live.

When I do have conversations with people it's generally without
any animosity. But I do detect racist beliefs & feelings in black
folk.....& of course, white & asian folk too.
Or rather an understandable mistrust based on the police's track record
This mistrust should be general.
When the media portray cops as a threat to only black folk,
then white folk are left unaware of the danger posed to them.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
None come to mind. It's super prevalent in the humanities at American universities. "White
Anglo Saxon male" is quite pejorative (and racist and sexist.) The statistics on white and
black killings in America is an amazing example of how selective people are in their outrages.
Ask any liberal what race is to be condemned and they will only state one - whites. And the
examples they give include slavery, genocide, sexism etc.. Other races are worse when it comes
to war (Mongols killed 11% of all humanity) and slavery (Africans and Arabs were better at it) and
racism (outright removal or killing of their minorities .etc..)

Ask any liberal, huh? I know a lot and none of them would say something so silly. What you said sounds like some stereotype dreamed up by somebody's drunken backwater uncle.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
okay, you've a point there.
Adding to it, Mrs Revolt just told me of some survey
in which 77% (as I recall) of white folk trust the police.
That number should be much lower. It also explains
why too few people call for reforms in policing.
White folk should be angry....not just us crazies.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Adding to it, Mrs Revolt just told me of some survey
in which 77% (as I recall) of white folk trust the police.
That number should be much lower. It also explains
why too few people call for reforms in policing.
White folk should be angry....not just us crazies.

Everyone should be angered by corruption, misconduct, incompetence, abuse of power, etc. by those in positions of authority, but society is taught to worship those in uniform, as if they were all infallible heroes by default.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Everyone should be angered by corruption, misconduct, incompetence, abuse of power, etc. by those in positions of authority, but society is taught to worship those in uniform, as if they were all infallible heroes by default.
In my experience, judges are worse than cops.
They abuse & plunder with a mere word.
And they do this without the heat-of-the-moment stress which cops face.
Yes, I know some good judges.
But I've met many bad ones.

PruePhillip

Ask any liberal, huh? I know a lot and none of them would say something so silly. What you said sounds like some stereotype dreamed up by somebody's drunken backwater uncle.

So, by way of example, what do YOU think of the Boer migration into South Africa?
What is YOUR view on cannibalism?
Who do YOU think started the "Vietnam war" ?
What nation do YOU believe is the most racist, sexist and homophobic?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So, by way of example, what do YOU think of the Boer migration into South Africa?
Apartheid was wrong, and so was how innocent white farmers were treated.
What is YOUR view on cannibalism?
That it's wrong, especially since it requires murdering to aquire flesh. Why? Are conservatives pro-cannabalism?
What nation do YOU think started the "Vietnam war" ?
French occupancy.
What nation do YOU believe is the most racist, sexist and homophobic?
Quite a few Asian and middle eastern countries.

As I've said, son. Your straw men are impotent.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
God has never changed his purpose for this earth and man’s place on it. (Isaiah 55:11)

Choosing a verse here and there from the Bible that seems to support your beliefs will do nothing if you ignore the rest of what it teaches. The whole purpose of our creation is clearly stated.....but then to try to incorporate other religious beliefs and scripture into the mix, just creates confusion and masks the purpose of our being, and the conditions that God placed on life in the first place.

Life and worship is conditional.....do you find that to be an inconvenient truth?
Isaiah 55:11 and Jeremiah 18:7-10 are both from the Bible. To understand how God does things, we need to understand both of these verses, and their purpose.

The purpose of Jeremiah, is more to do with God testing humanity. He may say something, but then later, He can change the Plan. This is just to test those who object God, saying, He cannot change His plan. Whereas, God expects His servant to be obedient. If at one moment, He says so and so, but next, He changes what He had said, to no body is given the right to protest against the Will of God, and whoever is protesting, is considered a disbeliever, and is rejected by God. Isaiah 55:11 is also, in the same way. It means, God can accomplish what He wills. It has nothing to do with if God cannot change His own words. Remember, He had told Abraham to kill His son, then later He changed the plan. This was only to test Abraham, if He is obedient to whatever God asks.
So, back to the OP, God had promised to make the earth peaceful, by sending the Christ again, and in Bahai view, this already happened But when He came, mankind did not listen to His words and rejected Him, thus God as said before, He does not give mankind the good things (peace) He had said before. To me, that is clearly compatible with Bible. If we say, if Bahaullah was truely the Christ returned, He must have fulfilled all the expectations now, it is exactly the very reason, why the Jews rejected Jesus! Should we repeat the same?

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
To see "Unity in Diversity" is the key needed now. Unity being "Love", accepting Diversity meaning "stop belittling others feelings/(non)faith".

Great quote, I love it.

Great quote also. And very much alive today. Takes more than 100 years to sink in, how valuable this "hint" was, and still is.

LOVE of God is good. Even "LOVE" (pure Love) would be good IMO (as in seeing the "unity" in the diversity). When LOVE is gone, all is gone.
Fear of SIN is also a good one. Or as my Master expressed it:
1) Love Alll, Serve All
2) Hurt Never, Help Ever

Well done Unity in Diversity works when we do it for Love. Fear of the lack of Love is a great motivate force.

Love eliminates predudices.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If we say, if Bahaullah was truely the Christ returned, He must have fulfilled all the expectations now, it is exactly the very reason, why the Jews rejected Jesus! Should we repeat the same?
Another important point is that many of the OT prophecies apply to what will happen during the Messianic Age and they are prophecies that will be fulfilled by humans who will build the Kingdom of God on earth, not fulfilled by the Messiah/return of Christ, so there is no reason to believe that they should have all been fulfilled by Baha'u'llah, or by now, since the Messianic Age has barely begun.

It was understandable that the Jews rejected Jesus was their Messiah since He did not fulfill any of the Messianic prophecies. I am not saying the Jews should have rejected Jesus, they should have accepted Him as a Manifestation of God, which He clearly was.

stvdv

Veteran Member
1): Well done Unity in Diversity works when we do it for Love.
2): Fear of the lack of Love is a great motivate force.
3): Love eliminates predudices.

Regards Tony
1): But only when it is "unconditional Love"
2): Fear of "lack of Love" is a blessing of God. Because if you "Lack Love", it's kind of hard to "fear it's lack". Spirituality/Religions help with this IMO.
3): And "knowing there is so much prejudice" tells us a lot about "how little LOVE there is".

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Another important point is that many of the OT prophecies apply to what will happen during the Messianic Age and they are prophecies that will be fulfilled by humans who will build the Kingdom of God on earth, not fulfilled by the Messiah/return of Christ, so there is no reason to believe that they should have all been fulfilled by Baha'u'llah, or by now, since the Messianic Age has barely begun.

It was understandable that the Jews rejected Jesus was their Messiah since He did not fulfill any of the Messianic prophecies. I am not saying the Jews should have rejected Jesus, they should have accepted Him as a Manifestation of God, which He clearly was.
Yes, and it appears to me, this promise of victory of Religion, or conquering east and west by a Promised one, is not limited to just the Messiah or Mahdi. I think every Prophet was supposed to fulfill it, even Noah, according to Bahaullah:

"Long afterward, He (Noah) several times promised victory to His companions and fixed the hour thereof. But when the hour struck, the divine promise was not fulfilled. This caused a few among the small number of His followers to turn away from Him, and to this testify the records of the best-known books. These you must certainly have perused; if not, undoubtedly you will. Finally, as stated in books and traditions, there remained with Him only forty or seventy-two of His followers. At last from the depth of His being He cried aloud: “Lord! Leave not upon the land a single dweller from among the unbelievers.”
And now, consider and reflect a moment upon the waywardness of this people. What could have been the reason for such denial and avoidance on their part? What could have induced them to refuse to put off the garment of denial, and to adorn themselves with the robe of acceptance?
Moreover, what could have caused the nonfulfillment of the divine promise which led the seekers to reject that which they had accepted? Meditate profoundly, that the secret of things unseen may be revealed unto you, that you may inhale the sweetness of a spiritual and imperishable fragrance, and that you may acknowledge the truth that from time immemorial even unto eternity the Almighty hath tried, and will continue to try, His servants, so that light may be distinguished from darkness, truth from falsehood, right from wrong, guidance from error, happiness from misery, and roses from thorns. Even as He hath revealed: “Do men think when they say ‘We believe’ they shall be let alone and not be put to proof?

Book of Certitude