• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first living thing could not have come into being by random chance, therefore, God Almighty created all things. Just 1 proof.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No first living creature, no genes to duplicate. You again show you have circular reasoning.
No, that is your flaw. Again, do you not know what an emergent process is? No, you probably do not. The very earliest of life would have been extremely simple compared to even our simplest life today. Depending upon how one defines life genes were almost certainly not a requirement. They would have emerged as the mutating RNA became more and more complex.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
How long does it take for someone to realize that going back and forth with someone is a waste of time?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How long does it take for someone to realize that going back and forth with someone is a waste of time?
It is mostly for entertainment. Though very very rarely a creationist can ask a question that actually requires me to learn something new. That is a win for me when I get more knowledge. Spanking people that go into a fight unarmed and refuse all help to help them to acquire some weapons is just for fun.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
It is mostly for entertainment. Though very very rarely a creationist can ask a question that actually requires me to learn something new. That is a win for me when I get more knowledge. Spanking people that go into a fight unarmed and refuse all help to help them to acquire some weapons is just for fun.
The truth comes out

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The truth comes out
Oh that has never been a deep dark secret. And of course helping others to rational understanding of the world would be nice, but most believers cannot be that honest At least not publicly. Perhaps we are planting the seed that will allow them to break the shackles of fear based irrational reasoning. It will not be today. It will not be tomorrow. But ideally these people do see how badly they have lost and will continue to think about this.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why are there no calendars over 6000 years?
So what you are telling us is that you lack knowledge of how humans went from hunter/gatherers to building permanent settlements. When humans started agriculture and herding animals they could settle in permanent places, usually near water (which is why they had floods, sometimes bad floods). With bigger settlements came problems of order, and that led to making rules. This also meants that gods were created as a meants to create authority for those in power. With permanent settlements they could start doing art and developing lore, including stories and time keeping. Of course all tribes of humans had to keep track of the seasons and days/night for survival.

History is too short. Why?
Billions of years is too short?

SavedByTheLord

So what you are telling us is that you lack knowledge of how humans went from hunter/gatherers to building permanent settlements. When humans started agriculture and herding animals they could settle in permanent places, usually near water (which is why they had floods, sometimes bad floods). With bigger settlements came problems of order, and that led to making rules. This also meants that gods were created as a meants to create authority for those in power. With permanent settlements they could start doing art and developing lore, including stories and time keeping. Of course all tribes of humans had to keep track of the seasons and days/night for survival.

Billions of years is too short?
Exactly.
There is no history past about 6000 years ago, no calendars that go beyond that either.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Exactly.
There is no history past about 6000 years ago, no calendars that go beyond that either.
Why would there be calendars, humans were still trying to survive by hunting day and night. Of course you lack this knowledge.

We do have genetics that go back thousands of years that show humans are evolved from more primitive hominids. Even fossils prove this. Humans that travelled through Europe have a small amount of Neanderthal DNA whereas African humans don't. Neanderthals went extinct about 25,000 years ago. So we don't need calendars when we have genetics.

SavedByTheLord

Why would there be calendars, humans were still trying to survive by hunting day and night. Of course you lack this knowledge.

We do have genetics that go back thousands of years that show humans are evolved from more primitive hominids. Even fossils prove this. Humans that travelled through Europe have a small amount of Neanderthal DNA whereas African humans don't. Neanderthals went extinct about 25,000 years ago. So we don't need calendars when we have genetics.
They were probably smarter than you. Where is everything that they made including their calendars.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are there no calendars over 6000 years?
They'd be too bulky. One year is enough for a calendar, although I've seen ten-year journals. Besides, there was nothing to do to put in your calendar.

Also, according to the most reliable young earth creationists, the earth is only 6000 years old. Is that the answer you were looking for?
They were probably smarter than you.
No, they weren't. You're probably smarter than the ancients, and you're not faring too well here with him or anybody else.
It is mostly for entertainment ... Spanking people that go into a fight unarmed and refuse all help to help them to acquire some weapons is just for fun.
Agreed that I'm here for the entertainment. This is entertaining.

It's also an education. Here, we can learn to formulate better arguments and practice writing skills. And it is here that we can see the spectrum of religious and irreligious types and determine what effect faith and religion have on thinking and the lives of those who choose to indulge in it compared to those who reject it as a path to truth or knowledge.

Spanking for me is reserved for the hostile, emotional creationists and those who want to poach from the critical thinking empiricist's toolbox and feign a relationship with evidence or reason. Stay in your own lane, I say. I grant them faith as the reasons for your beliefs, but they don't get to use those words without some comment if they haven't earned the right by putting in necessary the effort and learning to reason fallacy-free.

It's analogous to stolen valor that military personnel object to: "Stolen valor is an American term for the behavior of military impostors: individuals who lie about their military service."

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Oh that has never been a deep dark secret. And of course helping others to rational understanding of the world would be nice, but most believers cannot be that honest At least not publicly. Perhaps we are planting the seed that will allow them to break the shackles of fear based irrational reasoning. It will not be today. It will not be tomorrow. But ideally these people do see how badly they have lost and will continue to think about this.
Doubt it

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No I don’t try to help the scientific type to see the folly of their ways. I’m not an idiot
Oh so tempting. Sorry, but you really should not set yourself up that way. You do not seem to understand that if you claim that there is a "folly of their ways" that that puts a huge burden of proof upon you. Of course you have been making false claims regularly about those that know how to apply the sciences properly. It appears that you do not know what science even is, much less how to use the tool correctly. That happens quite often when a person has nonsensical and refuted personal beliefs.

SavedByTheLord

Oh so tempting. Sorry, but you really should not set yourself up that way. You do not seem to understand that if you claim that there is a "folly of their ways" that that puts a huge burden of proof upon you. Of course you have been making false claims regularly about those that know how to apply the sciences properly. It appears that you do not know what science even is, much less how to use the tool correctly. That happens quite often when a person has nonsensical and refuted personal beliefs.
Your belief in evolution is misplaced to say the least.