• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gospel - Is it only that Jesus died or is it that we celebrate The Resurrection?

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Hosea 4:6 states that God's people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. We fall short because of this, which is what sin actually means. It means to fall short or to miss the mark, which leads us into error. Truth must be true in order to be correct, and we are often enough misled that we end up falling short because of our lack of knowing.

Even though there are more things unknown than known by everyone, we continue our work and efforts in hope that we will achieve greater understanding, which then equates to living more correctly, thereby increasing our ability. Faith is, I guess, more so about confidence than anything else. Grace is extended, and we develop over a series of many events and/or life lessons.
From where does grace come ?
What do you think?

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Ruach

It's a Hebrew term
I know it from from 'kharis' , term of the common language in that time.
Refers to good will, loving-kindness, favour, in particular to God's merciful grace.

But in "Biblical Koine' there is another equivalent to the Hebrew word Ruach and that is Pneuma (πνεῦμα).

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
I know it from from 'kharis' , term of the common language in that time.
Refers to good will, loving-kindness, favour, in particular to God's merciful grace.

But in "Biblical Koine' there is another equivalent to the Hebrew word Ruach and that is Pneuma (πνεῦμα).
Greek, which means about the same thing, I think. The point is, it's life activity itself that extends us grace. It quickens, gives life, it's our profit where our flesh falls short, consisting of both good (pleasant) experiences and evil (unpleasant) experiences. It may extend beyond our knowing and I'm fairly sure it exists within our mental awareness. This awareness is what enables us to experience life as conscious beings. Ruach is the life force of everythiung, even the wind, and flowing rivers, and sound waves, etc. It moves things to action.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Greek, which means about the same thing, I think. The point is, it's life activity itself that extends us grace. It quickens, gives life, it's our profit where our flesh falls short, consisting of both good (pleasant) experiences and evil (unpleasant) experiences. It may extend beyond our knowing and I'm fairly sure it exists within our mental awareness. This awareness is what enables us to experience life as conscious beings. Ruach is the life force of everythiung, even the wind, and flowing rivers, and sound waves.
I belive that the life force itself is everything , even the wind , and flowing rivers , and sound waves.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
I belive that the life force itself is everything , even the wind , and flowing rivers , and sound waves.

I can't argue that logic, it's just that specific term is utilized to define and articulate an active element of the substance that is God. The logos (Word) is also that substance ... The Word (logos) was with God, was God, and is God and came to be utilized (manifested) through Jesus. It's utilized to express and convey an understanding of life and experience through us, also. Ruach motivates the experience that is expressed through the logos.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic, mankind is created mortal and corrupt, becoming immortal and incorruptible and becoming again, glorified and transfigured.

From Him, Created, through Him, transformed and for Him, glorified and transfigured, To Him be the Glory forever.

To me the finite sciences could never explain the Transfiguration of The Body of Christ in all mankind but through logic of The Kingdom of The Divine Will to me the Resurrection can be seen more clearly.

"His face did shine as the sun, and His garments became white as snow.' Brightness of face and whiteness of garments argue not a change of substance, but a putting on of glory."

Acts 14:21: "Through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God." Therefore it was fitting that He should show His disciples, James and Peter and John the glory of His clarity (which becoming again, transfigured), to which He will configure those who are His.

"The bright cloud signifies the glory of the Holy Ghost or the "power of the Father."

The logic to me of configure is the Resurrection, re-image, transform and immortalize, transfigure and glorifiy.

"Wishing to show with what kind of glory He is afterwards to come, so far as it was possible for them to learn it, He showed it to them in their present life, that they might not grieve even over the death of their Lord."

To me in logic, Resurrection is delivered by The Ark of The New Covenant through the Power of The Word present before creation was ever created was even created as the eternal authority of life and spirit through God, the Persons of the Trinity as one God in Being. And The Word becomes flesh conceived in the Person of Jesus, through the Power in the Holy Spirit Person to become the transformed intelligence of Creation in the Christ, the immortal and incorruptible Body of Shared Unity becoming all mankind together again Glorified and Transfigured.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew
which-apostles-witnessed-the-transfiguration-1708323102.jpg

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is not what Matthew 7:21-23 says. It means that works don't get people into heaven, only those who do God's will.
Jesus also did 'spiritual works' ( Luke 4:43 ) and gave the same spiritual work for his followers to do at Matthew 24:13-14; Acts 1:8
Thus, it is the 'spiritual works' that are the will of God, the doing of God's will/purpose just as Jesus did at Luke 4:43
Doing the spiritual works applies to both: Jesus' 'little flock' (Luke 12:32) and Jesus' other sheep' (John 10:16) - Matthew 25:37,40
Doing God's Will thus gets people into Heaven (little flock), and gets other people living forever on Earth (other sheep)
Since death will cease on Earth = then the people alive on Earth will No longer die - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I can't argue that logic, it's just that specific term is utilized to define and articulate an active element of the substance that is God. The logos (Word) is also that substance ... The Word (logos) was with God, was God, and is God and came to be utilized (manifested) through Jesus. It's utilized to express and convey an understanding of life and experience through us, also. Ruach motivates the experience that is expressed through the logos.
Remember the Bible was Not originally written in King James English.
The same Greek grammar rule applies at both John 1:1 and Acts 28:6 B
KJV added the letter 'a' at Acts 28:6 B, but omitted the letter 'a' at John 1
God had No beginning, No starting point for God according to Psalm 90:2 that God is from and to everlasting ( No death for God )
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus (Rev. 3:14 B) had a beginning, had a start
Jesus gives credit to his God as being The Creator at Rev. 4:11
Jesus also taught as to who to worship at John 4:23-24
Pray that his God's name be hallowed, held as sacred, sanctified
The Tetragrammaton is never applied to the Lord Jesus, but to LORD God - Psalm 110 KJV

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

True, and logically, if everything spoken by The Word were written, not even the world could contain the books.

"And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that "would" be written."

Would: (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.

To me in logic, The Christ is two persons of the Trinity in One Being, The Person of The Holy Spirit and God conceived by the Father, God from the Power of The Holy Spirit through and in the Person of Jesus and God and we are sisters and brothers from the Cross, "Ecce Mater tua", in our own personal Christ, all God, sons and daughters of God and becoming the mind, the intelligence, the Will of The Father, God in the created flesh from Adam and Eve through a human Body immortalized and incorruptibly transformed into the image of The Christ, becoming again, glorified and transfigured into the image of the Creator God as one God in being, for The Father.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
True, in logic to me, the Word is the Authority and Life and Spirit, spoken as the Autonomy as one before the Face of God in Justification and Self-righteousness, as God in infallible certainty that existed before creation was ever created was even created. To me in logic, The Word existed as the Person of The Holy Spirit, conceived from the Person of The Father through the Person of Jesus becoming The Christ for all mankind, becoming united with all mankind becoming again, all One God.

Peace alyaws,
Stephen Andrew

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Peace to all,

To me in logic, mankind is created mortal and corrupt, becoming immortal and incorruptible and becoming again, glorified and transfigured.

From Him, Created, through Him, transformed and for Him, glorified and transfigured, To Him be the Glory forever.

To me the finite sciences could never explain the Transfiguration of The Body of Christ in all mankind but through logic of The Kingdom of The Divine Will to me the Resurrection can be seen more clearly.

"His face did shine as the sun, and His garments became white as snow.' Brightness of face and whiteness of garments argue not a change of substance, but a putting on of glory."

Acts 14:21: "Through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God." Therefore it was fitting that He should show His disciples, James and Peter and John the glory of His clarity (which becoming again, transfigured), to which He will configure those who are His.

"The bright cloud signifies the glory of the Holy Ghost or the "power of the Father."

The logic to me of configure is the Resurrection, re-image, transform and immortalize, transfigure and glorifiy.

"Wishing to show with what kind of glory He is afterwards to come, so far as it was possible for them to learn it, He showed it to them in their present life, that they might not grieve even over the death of their Lord."

To me in logic, Resurrection is delivered by The Ark of The New Covenant through the Power of The Word present before creation was ever created was even created as the eternal authority of life and spirit through God, the Persons of the Trinity as one God in Being. And The Word becomes flesh conceived in the Person of Jesus, through the Power in the Holy Spirit Person to become the transformed intelligence of Creation in the Christ, the immortal and incorruptible Body of Shared Unity becoming all mankind together again Glorified and Transfigured.

Peace always,
Stephen AndrewView attachment 97465

People of the earth can you hear me came a voice from the sky on a magical night.

The transfiguration is about illumination and glory, Moses on the mountain and the burning bush, Elijah and the chariot of fire, and Jesus standing with them, illuminated as if touched or graced by fire.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We started from the garden now we're here. We started from the garden, now our whole fracking family's here. Yeah, we changin...for better or worse.
That's life man
Yes, started in the garden, but now the whole family is in the weeds of this world
Some people change, but not the truly wicked - Daniel 12:10; 2nd Timothy 3:13
For those Not wicked there is a future and a hope - Jeremiah 29:11

If you were out working in your garden and someone came along and interrupted you, would you say because I was interrupted I am never going back to my garden, or rather, once the interruption was over you would go back to your garden ____________
Satan is the one who threw a monkey wrench into God's garden, as you would go back to your garden once the interruption was over, so does the God of the Bible go back and bring us back to His edenic Garden . Paradise lost to Paradise regained
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2 ( includes bringing climate-change healing )

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Yes, started in the garden, but now the whole family is in the weeds of this world
Some people change, but not the truly wicked - Daniel 12:10; 2nd Timothy 3:13
For those Not wicked there is a future and a hope - Jeremiah 29:11

If you were out working in your garden and someone came along and interrupted you, would you say because I was interrupted I am never going back to my garden, or rather, once the interruption was over you would go back to your garden ____________
Satan is the one who threw a monkey wrench into God's garden, as you would go back to your garden once the interruption was over, so does the God of the Bible go back and bring us back to His edenic Garden . Paradise lost to Paradise regained
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2 ( includes bringing climate-change healing )

I view this as a necessitated event. There are always things in life that can cause great disruption and difficulty and suffering. Some of these things are expected from us to go through. There's a learning curve associated with our ignorance to which a knowing is necessitated. We have been long accustomed to the growing pains of our birth here, as has all creation. It's a natural mechanism in life necessitating change, growth, progress, and development. No, it's not always a good experience. Sometimes it's painful and grievous. These are also how we become disciplined and trained in the ways that are right for us. It's in error that we fall short, and we all fall short. We simply lack the knowledge needed not to, sometimes. This is why it's necessitated. From empty slates to well-disciplined and capable creatures able to handle our station as stewards.

The weeds are quite capable, even more so than many other things deemed more valuable by us. It's all good. It just isn't all experienced well, nor does everything offer safety, longevity, or a sense of security ... at least not without going through the trials required to strengthen us or teach us how to navigate. Other things are chaffed, and fade, but isn't this a reality for all things in this terrestrial realm? This too shall pass. We're learning though, and through our mistakes. It's expected and likewise necessitated to come into a more capable understanding. This helps us navigate in truth more effectively if not successfully. Genesis 1:31

If everything wasn't very good, why was it declared by its creator to all be-"very" good?

There's a scene in a movie that I can't hardly resist referencing. Lets suggest that the lawyer is the devils advocate, and "dad" is umm ... our creator. The tree declared very good in the garden, the warning, then on to the consequences is in question. Why would falling short be necessitated? We're born less knowing than we become and we are destroyed for lack of knowledge. As parents, we expect our kids will require some guidance and it's part of our obligation to inform, then redirect as needed when they fall short. Some would have guessed Pacino to be the devil. I see it differently. The devil represents deception, lies, error, etc. which comes from us mostly. Best we can do is understand that our choices have consequences and learn from our experiences and ability to discern between truth and error. What do we value? Why? What is the likely consequence of our value systems as individuals?

No, I'll call him a big Poppa. I'm suggesting there have been many over the years, but for this particular theatric, lets suggest that he is representing God. It's a frightful thing to be delivered into the hands of an angry God. Our choices matter. God disciplines and we blame God instead of accepting our part in the choices made. I think that's the moral of the movie.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast. We are created to do good works, but faith is paramount.

Suppose a person is unable to perform works, but has faith...able

To me, they are inseparable because faith should lead to good works if possible. To emphasize just faith could lead a person to believe that what they do doesn't really matter, such as what Jesus condemned in his Parable of the Sheep & Goats.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I view this as a necessitated event. There are always things in life that can cause great disruption and difficulty and suffering. Some of these things are expected from us to go through. There's a learning curve associated with our ignorance to which a knowing is necessitated. We have been long accustomed to the growing pains of our birth here, as has all creation. It's a natural mechanism in life necessitating change, growth, progress, and development. No, it's not always a good experience. Sometimes it's painful and grievous. These are also how we become disciplined and trained in the ways that are right for us. It's in error that we fall short, and we all fall short. We simply lack the knowledge needed not to, sometimes. This is why it's necessitated. From empty slates to well-disciplined and capable creatures able to handle our station as stewards.
The weeds are quite capable, even more so than many other things deemed more valuable by us. It's all good. It just isn't all experienced well, nor does everything offer safety, longevity, or a sense of security ... at least not without going through the trials required to strengthen us or teach us how to navigate. Other things are chaffed, and fade, but isn't this a reality for all things in this terrestrial realm? This too shall pass. We're learning though, and through our mistakes. It's expected and likewise necessitated to come into a more capable understanding. This helps us navigate in truth more effectively if not successfully. Genesis 1:31
If everything wasn't very good, why was it declared by its creator to all be-"very" good?
There's a scene in a movie that I can't hardly resist referencing. Lets suggest that the lawyer is the devils advocate, and "dad" is umm ... our creator. The tree declared very good in the garden, the warning, then on to the consequences is in question. Why would falling short be necessitated? We're born less knowing than we become and we are destroyed for lack of knowledge. As parents, we expect our kids will require some guidance and it's part of our obligation to inform, then redirect as needed when they fall short. Some would have guessed Pacino to be the devil. I see it differently. The devil represents deception, lies, error, etc. which comes from us mostly. Best we can do is understand that our choices have consequences and learn from our experiences and ability to discern between truth and error. What do we value? Why? What is the likely consequence of our value systems as individuals?
No, I'll call him a big Poppa. I'm suggesting there have been many over the years, but for this particular theatric, lets suggest that he is representing God. It's a frightful thing to be delivered into the hands of an angry God. Our choices matter. God disciplines and we blame God instead of accepting our part in the choices made. I think that's the moral of the movie. .............................................
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, 'weeds' are quite capable
Weeds do what they always do: They try to choke the 'wheat' out of existence ( silence them as with Jesus )
The grass in Eden was good grass because God planted a lawn with high-quality grass seeds
Not sinless Adam nor Eve but rather Satan threw in the 'weed' seeds
However, some grass is just so stubborn that the weeds can't choke all of it away
God was Not responsible for what free-willed 'Satan the Weed' decided to do - James 1:13-15
God's purpose for Eden has Not changed. Just like when you want to do something but something else gets in the way
That something else does Not mean it has to stop you but it just delays you for a while
God's appointed 'weeding time of separation' (get rid of the weeds) is near at hand - Matthew 25:31-34,37,40
God is getting ready to fire up His tiller for tilling the land (Earth) to take out the weeds and keep the good patches
Yes, we can learn through our mistakes, but it does Not have to be by trial and error
The information found in the Bible is like a guide book to navigate steering us to help make good decisions for our benefit
Adam chose to ignore Gen. 2:17 and thus suffered the bad consequences for his deliberate actions
Thus, it is God's Value System that is The system that will prove to be the True Value System as Jesus taught - John 13:34-35
Seems to me, the people of Noah's Day could have been angry with God for what they thought was God interfering with what they wanted to do
I wonder if that would be true for Adam and Eve, but since we are innocent of what Adam did is why God sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth for us and those who choose to be 'sheep-like' ones will not end up like A&E, but become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To me, they are inseparable because faith should lead to good works if possible. To emphasize just faith could lead a person to believe that what they do doesn't really matter, such as what Jesus condemned in his Parable of the Sheep & Goats.
Yes, as a person has faith (confidence) in a weather man saying it is going to pour will exercise his faith by carrying an umbrella

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Son that day tmany will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not uprophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them
“No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son, and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him” is a verse from the Bible, Matthew 11:27
Peace to all,
To me in logic, the Will of God is created on earth delivered and returned to Heaven by the Persons in being of the Trinity, all God for God, as one in being.
The Transfiguration is what James and Peter and John witnessed and were told not to talk about the Transfiguration until after the Resurrection, and all three speak of the Transfiguration in their Gospels.
Created Mortal and corrupt, becomes transformed immortal and incorruptible and becomes again, glorified and transfigured through all of the Wondrous Mysteries of the Faith.
What becomes of the Body of Christ in all mankind is through our own personal Pentecost of our own flesh from the Holy Spirit manifesting through the Good Works of the intelligence of Creation as "What would Jesus do in all cases of Fulfilled Faith and Morality." The manifestation is from the fulfilled intelligence of creation that will never faill and is the intrinsic immortality and incorruptibility delivered by the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin Birth of The Christ, the delivered Person of The Will of the Father, The Holy Spirit Being through the Person of Jesus. To know the Father is to be united as one in being together with The Father and The Son in union as on in being becoming the shared Mind, the Will of Creation that existed before creation was ever created was even created as The Word. And The Word became flesh, to me in logic and though Faith are the four most powerful words in the Bible, the Mind of God becomes conceived in the Person of Jesus as The Christ in all mankind.............................................
Please keep in mind the Transfiguration was a VISION and Not a real happening - Matthew 17:9
God's spirit (Psalm 104:30) is a genderless "it" - Numbers 11:17,25 - and Not a person
1st Corinthians 2:16 informs us who knows the mind of God but we have the mind of Christ
God had No beginning, No starting point - Psalm 90:2
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus had a beginning, a starting point - Revelation 3:14 B
Thus, only God was ' before ' the beginning. Jesus was never ' before' the beginning as his God is.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Revelation 3:12

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I call that “The Gospel of the Thief” - The thief on the right side had faith but was never able to do any works.
The thief did the 'spiritual work' of putting and expressing his faith in Jesus
Who knows people near by could have heard him expressing his faith in Jesus
Even if No other person heard him we can be confident God in Heaven heard him
That un-baptised thief will be part of Jesus 'other sheep' who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised him - John 10:16

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, 'weeds' are quite capable
Weeds do what they always do: They try to choke the 'wheat' out of existence ( silence them as with Jesus )
The grass in Eden was good grass because God planted a lawn with high-quality grass seeds
Not sinless Adam nor Eve but rather Satan threw in the 'weed' seeds
However, some grass is just so stubborn that the weeds can't choke all of it away
God was Not responsible for what free-willed 'Satan the Weed' decided to do - James 1:13-15
God's purpose for Eden has Not changed. Just like when you want to do something but something else gets in the way
That something else does Not mean it has to stop you but it just delays you for a while
God's appointed 'weeding time of separation' (get rid of the weeds) is near at hand - Matthew 25:31-34,37,40
God is getting ready to fire up His tiller for tilling the land (Earth) to take out the weeds and keep the good patches
Yes, we can learn through our mistakes, but it does Not have to be by trial and error
The information found in the Bible is like a guide book to navigate steering us to help make good decisions for our benefit
Adam chose to ignore Gen. 2:17 and thus suffered the bad consequences for his deliberate actions
Thus, it is God's Value System that is The system that will prove to be the True Value System as Jesus taught - John 13:34-35
Seems to me, the people of Noah's Day could have been angry with God for what they thought was God interfering with what they wanted to do
I wonder if that would be true for Adam and Eve, but since we are innocent of what Adam did is why God sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth for us and those who choose to be 'sheep-like' ones will not end up like A&E, but become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

God, after creating that which was created, which I thought was everything, he declared it all to be very good. Did God not create the serpent? Was the serpent not very good, also? These weeds, of which I view myself to belong, even as a Christian ... mixed with other varieties of many varying things that God created, are enduring, capable, and so we are sent to the furnace, just like all things are eventually sent, even the lilies of the field. We may not be all that beautiful to some people. We may not be viewed with as much adoration or with as much value as other things, but we are very enduring, capable, and if it's all good ground as declared in the beginning, then we are no less than anything else. I think we are refined, we learn from our mistakes, from trial and error, we develop, strengthen, and we become what we are through the process's associated with the being planted or sowed on that "good ground", wherever we may be, it's all good ground. We navigate according to our needs as we understand them or learn them, no matter if we represent a weed or flower. Jesus said to make the tree good or make it bad. If good can come from this earth at all, then it's all good as nothing bad can come from anything good. God is good, correct? We each have specific needs, and so we can't hardly expect a fish to thrive on dry land. It will thrive where its environment is most accommodating. Am I thriving? I'm not. I am growing and I do venture beyond my current confines, though.

As for the furnace and refinement: I typically refer to Malachi 3, but I recall something important enough to make mention of. It's a prophecy given in the book of Daniel about the fiery furnace. I imagine that is where we are, living life under the sun, our chariot like with Elijah. As a weed in need of being made more perfect, I can see why this is where I am. God is good. I'm still becoming.

Last edited: