• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Health Care Bill Passes!

Do the math Spinks, lets say 40 million do not have health care in this country.

If we use your 80% figure, that leaves 8 million uninsured that are not citizens?

So are you saying we only have 8 million non citizens in this country or that the rest of these non citizens allready have health care?

I was thinking we had about 15 million non citizens and that is a conservative number.

Using your percentage that would mean that 7 million non citizens already have health insurance in this country. :confused:
Yes ... so? I know lots of students who are not U.S. citizens. They all have health insurance. It's required by university policy. It's not cheap, either.

The Kaiser foundation is considered a very reputable nonpartisan think tank on these issues.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
They are going to hire all these new IRS agents to check every American EACH MONTH to see if they can charge you more penalties.

Now, Rick, you and I both know that we are on opposite sides of this issue, so I'm sure you'll be more than happy to honor my request that you provide us with something to support this claim.

Would you happen to have some type of policy statement from the IRS, or an announcement? Maybe a pirated email that was intercepted by Michael Steele, or a tape recording from an illegally wiretapped phone conversation that you could share with us?

No?

I didn't think so.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Now, Rick, you and I both know that we are on opposite sides of this issue, so I'm sure you'll be more than happy to honor my request that you provide us with something to support this claim.
It would be my pleasure Straw Man. :p

CNSNews.com - IRS Needs $10 Billion to Be Nation's Health Enforcer
Would you happen to have some type of policy statement from the IRS, or an announcement? Maybe a pirated email that was intercepted by Michael Steele, or a tape recording from an illegally wiretapped phone conversation that you could share with us?

No?

I didn't think so.
Think again!

The IRS could add more than 16,500 additional agents, auditors, examiners, and administrative support personnel to enforce compliance.

Last edited:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology

Okay, my bad. Let me rephrase the request.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim, that is from a government institution, rather than an attack piece from a rightwing website? Basically, you are quoting a speculative piece of writing, from a very slanted website.

The link you provided is from CNS News - which uses the tag line "The Right News. Right Now".

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Okay, my bad. Let me rephrase the request.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim, that is from a government institution, rather than an attack piece from a rightwing website? Basically, you are quoting a speculative piece of writing, from a very slanted website.

The link you provided is from CNS News - which uses the tag line "The Right News. Right Now".

The bill is too new for the web sites your requesting.:sorry1:

Back at ya, do you have any communist or liberal web sites that refute this claim?

Give me something to click on that says otherwise. :beach:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology

Back at ya, do you have any communist or liberal web sites that refute this claim?

Well, for starters, it's a little tough to ask me to refute a claim that you made, rather than supporting your own, but with that being said, I did actually read an announcement in the last day or two that made that very claim.

I'm trying to find it, but haven't gotten it yet.

If I can find it, I'll post it for you.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
This story (by Ezra Klein of the Washington Post) is the closest I can come right now.

Ezra Klein - How does the individual mandate work?

The Washington Post (and its writers) have won a truckload of Pulitzer prizes for their reporting, and it has been accused of being both a right wing and left wing publication, depending on the time frame and the person or group that is the subject of their reporting.

This line (fromt the article) is representative of the statement that I heard on TV, from an IRS official: "The law specifically says that no criminal action or liens can be imposed on people who don't pay the fine."

Again, if I can find the original statement from the IRS representative, I will post it for you.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Rick -

Check this link out.
Joint Committee on Taxation Confirms that ObamaCare Does Not Enforce Individual Mandate

The seventh paragraph down is a jewel. Basically, it explains that the Individual Mandate has a penalty, which cannot be enforced. How stupid is that? You pass a law that mandates something, structure a penalty for not adhering to the law, and then (in the same legislation) actually state that you cannot enforce the penalty.

Only in America.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Perhaps the politicians are reserving the right to impose a real penalty at some point in the future.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

But not new enough for you to present propaganda as evidence for your fear mongering?

My apologies for not taking it seriously.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Rick -

Check this link out.
Joint Committee on Taxation Confirms that ObamaCare Does Not Enforce Individual Mandate

The seventh paragraph down is a jewel. Basically, it explains that the Individual Mandate has a penalty, which cannot be enforced. How stupid is that? You pass a law that mandates something, structure a penalty for not adhering to the law, and then (in the same legislation) actually state that you cannot enforce the penalty.

Only in America.

This is one time I would be happy to be wrong.;)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Perhaps the politicians are reserving the right to impose a real penalty at some point in the future.

I'm sure that, if compliance becomes an issue (the penalty doesn't even take effect until 2016), Congress would revisit the issue and pass some type of enforcement program at that point in time.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
But not new enough for you to present propaganda as evidence for your fear mongering?

My apologies for not taking it seriously.

What good would it do for me to fear monger? The bill has already passed. I have nothing to gain here.

I honestly believe that no one knows for sure what is going to happen.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What good would it do for me to fear monger? The bill has already passed. I have nothing to gain here.

I honestly believe that no one knows for sure what is going to happen.

I was thinking this too..We wont really know what its going to be like untill its happening.

Love

Dallas

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I agree.

So now we just got to figure out why you are posting all the fear mongering propaganda and I am not.....

I was asked to. Mestemia, it's hard being the resident neo-con on RF :p

I seriously hope you do not expect to hold me to your high standards. :help: