• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Health Care Bill Passes!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
For better or worse, the health care bill has passed Congress and now goes to the President to sign into law.

Do you think this is overall a good thing or a bad thing? Why?

How will passage of this bill affect the Republican and Democratic parties in this year's elections?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'll be back to contribute to the discussion--first I have to do an elaborate Snoopy dance all over my kitchen.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
For my family it can't help but be a good thing. I have three kids in college who are too old to be on our insurance. They have ZERO insurance coverage right now. As you can imagine, it's a scary thing. I am eagerly waiting to find out more info about the pooled insurance and how it will help them.

How will passage of this bill affect the Republican and Democratic parties in this year's elections?
To be blunt, I don't care. We needed this.

For some participants, it was a brave thing to vote for and I applaud that. :yes:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
For better or worse, the health care bill has passed Congress and now goes to the President to sign into law.

Standing Alone just reminded me offline about the "death panels" that will come about because of this legislation. Guess we can all sit around and worry about that if we want. :biglaugh:

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata

:clapBravo, President Obama and Speaker Pelosi!

32 million Americans can now have insurance.
No more denial due to pre-existing conditions.
Small businesses no longer crippled by health insurance costs.
Insurance companies will be regulated.
Deficit reduction by $1.3 trillion dollars.

Democrats who voted yes can expect to return to Washington.
Democrats who voted no can expect to be primaried.
Republicans - I don't know but I would be ashamed to be one right now.

Wannabe Yogi

Its a step in the right direction.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Huge compromises were made. We are still behind even the most fiscally conservative countries Health Care (Switzerland), but it is a step in the right direction.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Another webforum i read has been scanning various conservative forums and blogs and collecting all the conservative overreations into one hilarious thread. It's blocked my the filter at work, so i can't link it, but i did just wander over to Free Republic to find a few gems.

As a gesture to all of the traitors that screwed over the United States of America last night, I propose the following:
Place a piece of bread in your toaster. "Cook" it until it is charred black. Place charred toast in a suitable envelope. Mail said envelope to your representative in DC. They'll get the message.....

From now on, if you pay federal taxes, you are funding the slaughter of the innocents. Don't deny it!

There is nothing more to say. I weep for our Country. The light of Freedom in the world has just gone out.

One of my favorite movies as a kid was the classic Tora Tora Tora. I first saw it with my brother at the local theater. The majority of the movie were the events leading up to the attack that you knew, we all knew, was coming. I while back a met somone who lived through the attack and I wonder what it must have been like.
I can not help, but feel I am now living that same type of event. The air armada is coming ashore for the sneak attack in the form of a massive betrayal of the american people and the shredding of the constitution. Like the movie we all stood up and cheered when the sole pair of P40s took to the air and finally downed one of the Japanese aircraft. Tomorrow we will gather on the West Lawn of the Capitol in the hopes of scoring our first "Kill of the Bill".

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I just wish so many people weren't drama queens. It would be nice to think that most Americans aren't that gullible.

I'm glad it passed. It does a lot of good, even though it doesn't do enough, and it has a couple things that are not so good. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It's definitely a step in the right direction.
I am disturbed by Frankensteinian legislation that will require phalanxes of lawyers to translate and the Supreme Court to hand down final opinions on.

From where I sit, as long as you run your health care as a "for profit" business venture your attempts to streamline it will continually miss their targets. I can't help but see a conflict of interest in a group of individuals who are trying to capitalize on the suffering of others. Ethics, anyone?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I worked hard to get this legislation passed. To any of you who may benefit from it: you are welcome. (I'm a very powerful person. I also got Barack Obama elected. Well, me and a few million of my friends.)