• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holy Shelah: Circumcising the Divine Phallus.

John D. Brey

Show me how Brit Shalom is a threat to Holy Shelah and to Devine Phallus?

If brit milah is a sign, a symbol, a ritual, imbued with the most important symbolism that could ever be (as I believe to be the case), then nothing could be more misguided than to eliminate the most important parts of the symbolism, cutting, bleeding, sucking.

Because Brit Shalom means peace. Naming baby while keeping baby intact. Intact means keeping the foreskin. No need to cut off foreskin.

The "foreskin" represent what a Jew can't have. Something about that flesh (the so-called "foreskin") is the perfect analogue for what must be non-existent for a Jew to be conceived, and or born. Something about the lack of that flesh points toward the unique nature of Messiah's birth. He's the transcendental signifier for what a Jew is. All other Jews are ritual manifestations of Messiah. Every Jew is conceived, ritually, without the flesh bled in circumcision: they're all virgin born ritually speaking.

I think you @John D. Brey understand through cutting off. And that's confusing for me, why needing to cut off? What about peace?

Peace, peace, but there is no peace. And there will be no peace, until what the foreskin represents is removed from the world.

Having peace about the physical body and the spirituality, why is there a need to cut off?

Every human, save one, is conceived with the what the foreskin represents still intact. The foreskin represents the evil-inclination, sin-nature, and eventual death. The physical body is conceived and born with contamination and death. There will never be real peace until our body of death is replaced by a resurrection body not conceived through the evil-smelling drop of semen.

John