• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

We Never Know

No Slack
362640713_6512637768794009_6500015696539219754_n.jpg

Just wanted to put this here...

Is this Better?

IMG_20230723_201143.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"I haven't heard the song nor seen the video"

So if you don't know about it, why are you triggered by it? Just being a loyal follower?
As I said, I just thought it was hilarious how conservatives were crying about "cancel culture" considering their own snowflake reaction toward drag shows, Bud Light, Target, Disney, Barbie, etc, etc. along with the silly tough guy talk about guns.

"they had a whole platoon of good ol' boys on hand who should've neutralize the threat before the bodies started stacking"

Lol. Remind me again where the shooter was..How far away? On what floor? How long did it take to find him? Not to mention weapons are prohibited at concerts.
Does that comment come from your expertise or cluelessness?
That's precisely my point. Having a gun doesn't magically turn people into Hollywood heroes, so it's not the simple solution that people tout it as. It's bull**** posturing.

Last edited by a moderator:

We Never Know

No Slack
Facts are a different matter 2023 Crime Rates in U.S. Cities Report | SafeHome.org

The murder rate in extra-small cities has grown 42 percent in 10 years. Statistics also show that rape occurs in extra-small cities nearly as often as in the largest urban areas, and only in extra-small cities is a citizen more likely to be raped than robbed.

Giant metropolises record far more killings each year than extra-small cities, yet some smaller towns have a far higher rate of murder per capita. Three extra-small cities posted murder rates higher than 80 per 100K residents, and Greenwood, South Carolina was the deadliest.

The frequency of rapes in the three most dangerous extra-small cities also dwarfed the rate of far larger cities. Ypsilanti, Michigan registered 275 rapes per 100K residents – more than twice the number in nearby Detroit.
Overall, America's largest cities have the highest crime rates, but standouts are found in towns of all sizes. Murders per capita are highest in some of the nation's extra-small urban areas, while small cities are now nearly as dangerous as midsized ones. Media figures and politicians alike focus on the crime rates in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. However, towns like Tulsa, Mobile, and Greenwood are actually more dangerous to the average inhabitant.
Myself I don't consider small cities with populations of 10,000-100,000 small towns.
For example where I live the population is around 2,800, its a small town.
A far as I'm aware there has been one murder in the last 17 years. So that means if just one more happens, the murder rate doubles.

We Never Know

No Slack
I heard them talking about this on the radio, though I haven't heard the song or seen the video. However, there have been other songs that seem like they would appeal to a more right-wing line of thinking, such as "Country Folks Can Survive" or "Kiss My Country ***."
A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Jr is a great song IMO

We Never Know

No Slack
Calm down, squirt. You must really struggle with reading compression if you thought I was triggered. As I said, I just thought it was hilarious how conservatives were crying about "cancel culture" considering their own snowflake reaction toward drag shows, Bud Light, Target, Disney, Barbie, etc, etc. along with the silly tough guy talk about guns.

That's precisely my point. Having a gun doesn't magically turn people into Hollywood heroes, so it's not the simple solution that people tout it as. It's bull**** posturing.
Sure sure Karen. See post #20.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Jr is a great song IMO

Yeah, I like that song, too. His father had more of a clean-cut image.

It does have a message which might appeal to right-wingers. It tells a poignant story about the man's friend from New York City, who was murdered in a robbery. He'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye and shoot him with his old 45, 'cause a country boy can survive.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It truely amazes me how a song can trigger so many people :eek:
Three or so years ago it was "WAP(Wet *** *****)" that triggered the right

Now its "Try That in a Small Town" triggering the left.

And we cant forget "Baby its Cold Outside" is seen as being sexist. Who did that trigger?

And we have these that it seems no one gives two craps about..

The Best Rap Songs About Murder

The 25 Most Violent Rap Songs of All Time

I’ll never forgive WAP for triggering…..a Ben Shapiro remix rap of said song that has lived rent free in my head ever since it was memed into existence :(:p

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Las Vegas is not a small town. The song is about not trying criminal intent, like the summer of 2020 riots, in small towns, because people are closer in small towns and they will band together. In bigger cities, there are too many people to get close. Most people ignore bad things and try not to get involved. But if the same thugs looted the General Store of a small town, where the owner is a friend and neighbor, the people will rally and help. Why is helping victims of crime such a taboo to the Left? Is this song too anti-anarchy?

I think what hit the nerve with the Democrat Party is the video of the song, which I have only seen clips, appears ro shows scenes from the summer of 2020 riots. The Liberal propaganda machine; media, portrayed the riots of 2020 as mostly peaceful protests, as fires burned behind the reporter. These were lit by the rabid, New and Improved Democrat KKK, in hoods, with weapons, playing with fire, while looting.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

AP finds most arrested in protests aren’t leftist radicals

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It does have a message which might appeal to right-wingers. It tells a poignant story about the man's friend from New York City, who was murdered in a robbery. He'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye and shoot him with his old 45, 'cause a country boy can survive.

I wonder if the character in the story ever wondered where his "shotgun, rifle, and 4 wheel drive" were manufactured.

A country boy can survive [with the right equipment manufactured in factories likely located in big cities and maybe not even in America].

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of small towns, here's a story of a small town being brought together by a renegade goat on the loose: Avid search for missing Texas rodeo goat bringing residents of a small rural county together

RAYMONDVILLE, Texas (AP) — First there was Gone Girl. Now there is Gone Goat.

The search for a rodeo goat that has been missing for more than a week has the residents of a rural South Texas county enthralled as they are using horses, ATVs and even contemplating utilizing a helicopter to find the missing animal.

Local businesses have donated nearly 90 prizes and gifts worth more than $5,000, including brisket, frescoes and salon service, as a reward for the person who finds the goat.

Someone must have gotten their goat.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, although I'm sure many of you heard about it by now.

Of course, those who are calling the backlash "cancel culture" are the same ones who called for boycotts against Bud Lite, Target, Disney, Barbie, etc.

A bit of trivia; he was on stage during the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting that occurred at a country music festival. Curiously, he nor anyone else in attendence used their "good guy with a gun" powers to prevent it.
The difference is that when the cancel a conservative song, it increases in sales by more than 1000% but when Bud Targets Disney, they go down in sales.

Apparently Woke Won't Work in World's Workplace. :D ( I must be getting tired) :D

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Be serious and consider Bud Light's target demographic. :rolleyes:
Why take it serious? I enjoy a good laugh.

But on that note... it would be like creating an advertisement for cosmetics and targeting men when it is a woman's product. Crazy, right?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why take it serious? I enjoy a good laugh.

But on that note... it would be like creating an advertisement for cosmetics and targeting men when it is a woman's product. Crazy, right?
Sure, but it certainly doesn't justify any hateful and bigoted overreactions.