• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jesus Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
i think jesus represented something real...the tension between the jews and the romans...
He represents a lot of different things, depending on what you are reading (and what you bring to it). In Paul's writings, for example, Christ represents the tension between the human ego (sin, the "flesh") and the experience of finding divine love within one's self, among other things.

AmbiguousGuy

... but regardless of what the apologist say I think it's plausible for the biblical Yeshua to have been a totally made up character.

I'm not much good as a fictionalist, but I've tried it and have written maybe 25 stories over the years.

If you pick one of my stories and ask whether my protagonist is "historical," I really won't know how to answer you. Was I thinking about a particular flesh-and-blood person when I put pen to paper? Well... maybe so. Or at least I was thinking about a particular characteristic or passion or quirk of some physical person when I started writing.

So I really don't know what it means to ask whether Jesus was historical.

Last edited:

Embarkon

During my study of the human psyche I have found it unbelievable the extremities to which
non-Christians would go to dissapprove the existence of Christ without a shred of credibility
of seeking after "the elitheinos"

waitasec

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;2503244 said:
He represents a lot of different things, depending on what you are reading (and what you bring to it). In Paul's writings, for example, Christ represents the tension between the human ego (sin, the "flesh") and the experience of finding divine love within one's self, among other things.

i get that...
i was actually responding to

I agree. Some people don't accept this and seem to think he was a real person.
i just wanted to add that
the reason the gospels were in circulation in the first place was to reconcile why god allowed for the destruction of the temple...which i think was the catalyst for the jesus movement.

outhouse

Atheistically
the only problem with a fictitious charactor

Is that there is allot of information that points to a real charactor named yeshua that was a traveling teacher of judaism who was baptized and ticked off the pharisees and romans and was quickly put to death on a cross for it.

there is no reason to doubt the foundation of the story did not exist.

If one looks at historical ancient hebrew fables one can see a REAL true foundation based on a actual event and then a story built around the foundation. Its hard to see a foundation with as house built on it, buts its there.

exodus the fable has zero historicity but as a foundation , hebrews migrated to the holy land to gather over a long period of time

noah the fable has zero historicity but as a foundation the sumerians wrote about a real regional flood in 1900BC and the story lived on as hebrews migrated out of the sumerian culture.

and these detail are the same context one needs to lok at jesus because there is a historical pattern among that exact culture of changing the actual event to suit there spiritualistic needs

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
During my study of the human psyche I have found it unbelievable the extremities to which
non-Christians would go to dissapprove the existence of Christ without a shred of credibility
of seeking after "the elitheinos"

the religious go to more extremes to prove it, without a shred of credibility

Embarkon

the religious go to more extremes to prove it, without a shred of credibility
Which Religion- There are many Jesus's in History, which can be proved, which religion should have to prove the existence of their Godhead- What kind of religion would it be
are you saying sir that Christianity is a cult

outhouse

Atheistically
Which Religion- There are many Jesus's in History, which can be proved, which religion should have to prove the existence of their Godhead- What kind of religion would it be
are you saying sir that Christianity is a cult

Yeshua was a common name beyond that your asking for special pleading

because you cannot prove the trinity was natural, and we know it was not. It evolved at human hands and that statement has historicity

I find it funny that out of thousands of deity's/gods not one has ever put pen to paper. deitys are said to be so powerfull that they created all we know yest not one can read or write or leave man a clear understanding of his power and will. this leeds me to believe all deity\gods are illiterate

Embarkon

Learn men must always research their topics fully before they put such sensitive matter out there
As I explain in another thread- the name Yeshu has no mening whatsoever this is confirmed by the Gospel of Phillip of the Nag Hammadi Text,
And further by a great and Ancient tradition among the Hebrews, but you guys never bothered to take that into consideration
That this was something MORE THAN just simply a name

AmbiguousGuy

Right. Paul seem to not know the man and seemed to get his information from those who said they knew him or was related to him. But there really doesn't seem to be anything in Paul's letters that give us any sense that he was aware of any details in Yeshua's life.....

Yet Paul's conversion to Christianity ocurred around the time of the alleged crucifixion (30 -35ad). Very curious that Paul seemed oblivious to the man Jesus himself.

If he'd converted before the crucifixion... well, obviously he was not, else he would have gone directly to Jesus side.

If he was converted after the crucifixion, he would have beelined to Jerusalem, questioned everyone in sight, and recorded their statements about Jesus.

Instead, doesn't he declare that he learned nothing about Jesus from other men, but only from the spirit?

Pretty good evidence right there that Jesus was not living in Jerusalem during the time as claimed in the gospels.

Unless I'm wrong about any of the numbers, I mean. I'm ready to be corrected if so.

Embarkon

Jeshua of Nazareth, really was there really such a man, You can read the text of the Children of the Scroll of Iraq and find out what and where exactly Nazareth is.

HOW Can men who know nothing of this ask of Jesus of Nazareth amazes me- If you are scholars
read about him in the Haran gawaithia

Embarkon

haha- The Secret of YEshu is nesstled in a far more ancient myth among the Hebrews, a tradition so old it predates Jerusalem- from the "foundations of the earth" was he established
This YESHU a name which is not a name- its more like the NIKE shoe tick- which has come to symbolize JUST DO IT

AmbiguousGuy

the only problem with a fictitious charactor

Is that there is allot of information that points to a real charactor named yeshua that was a traveling teacher of judaism who was baptized and ticked off the pharisees and romans and was quickly put to death on a cross for it.

You're certainly welcome to present that evidence, outhouse.

It's why we're here.

Status
Not open for further replies.