• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jesus Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Peer review is the standard in any discipline: Science and medicine included. I think it's funny that a self-proclaimed "non-scholar" would dis the idea of peer review. It's like a non-cook saying, "You don't really need heat to cook the food..."

Since the mob is so disdainful as to ignore the scholarship, I guess they feel justified in giggling at the concept of sensationalism among the bottom-feeders.
yeah you wouldn't want me to disagree with your scholars and their movements would you?

A

angellous_evangellous

just apply the same criteria that you use to justify jesus' existence to the claim that I can show you jesus in a petroglyph.

Let's play a game:

For one frubal, name that logical fallacy!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
yeah you wouldn't want me to disagree with your scholars and their movements would you?
Disagreement based upon solid scholastic research is fine -- expected and solicited. But simple "Did not!" kinds of skepticism don't add anything to the mix. They're more like flies at a picnic. They're waved off. Personally, I don't give a tinker's damn if you disagree or not. Until you come up with something of substance, your disagreement carries no weight on the subject.

A

angellous_evangellous

why should I be intelligent when the criteria for history is belief in testimony?

As I said, if it were intelligent, it really would be worth something.

Some elementary understanding of history might just possibly help you criticize it.

Just a thought.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
hopefully of your opinions.
Yes I can see my opinions sneaking into your brain. before you know it you will pick up a scholarly book about early Christianity, and how Jesus became a god.
resistance is useless.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
just apply the same criteria that you use to justify jesus' existence to the claim that I can show you jesus in a petroglyph.
Why would I even want to try such a ridiculous exercise? Can you just give me the reasons why you believe that Jesus didn't exist? I will be happy to then discuss those with you (also, that is the point of this thread in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.