• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jesus Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
do you mean interpreted writings or do you mean paperweights?
So, of everything I have posted, you comment on this? I am done with you until you can supply reasons why you believe Jesus did not exist. Submit your arguments. That is the point of this thread.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
so you didn't read about history?
I'd like to know what you mean by "history." Do you mean the reporting of the bald facts, or do you refer to the cultural story? And while we're on the subject, what do you mean by "testimony?" Because ultimately, all reported facts begin with testimony.

It seems to me that you're trying to force a square peg into a round hole here.

A

angellous_evangellous

like the history of you believing testimony?

You've slipped from ignorant rambling to just flat embarassing yourself.

And it looks like you're actually trying to do so. :shrug:

A

angellous_evangellous

For the love of God, folks.

This is why we need critical thinking and philosophy taught in public schools.

A

angellous_evangellous

Oh, sure. Those ghostbusters peer review each other all the time. It just looks kinda odd to me, that's all I'm saying.

What does? That historians have developed and have continued to develop historical methods by which they study the past, and other more seasoned historians review the process to check for logical, factual, and philosophical errors?

This should be intuitive.:facepalm:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
yeah well it is not a sentence it is a question. learn to read.
Corehent questions are often sentences as well. :yes:
is that why you end your sentences with question marks?
I end interrogative sentences with question marks.
Sentences can also be classified based on their purpose:
  • A declarative sentence or declaration, the most common type, commonly makes a statement: "I am going home."
  • An interrogative sentence or question is commonly used to request information — "When are you going to work?" — but sometimes not; "see" rhetorical question.
  • An exclamative sentence or exclamation is generally a more emphatic form of statement expressing emotion: "What a wonderful day this is!"
  • An imperative sentence or command tells someone to do something: "Go to work at 7:30 in the morning."
[source]

jelly

So, of everything I have posted, you comment on this? I am done with you until you can supply reasons why you believe Jesus did not exist. Submit your arguments. That is the point of this thread.
because I a comedian and I recognize the bible as a comedic piece of art.
what criteria does a scholar have?

jelly

don't everybody get their panties in a twist because I am answering this first...
I just happened to click this link first out of convenience.
I end interrogative sentences with question marks.
I know.
if I make a statement and put a question mark at the end of it will you kindly not interpret the overall structure of the statement as a sentence?

AmbiguousGuy

What does? That historians have developed and have continued to develop historical methods by which they study the past, and other more seasoned historians review the process to check for logical, factual, and philosophical errors?

Studying the gospels as an historian seems to me like studying Gone With the Wind as an historian, except with GWTW, one has much more supporting material.

Who was Rhett Butler? I mean, can we strip away all the obvious fiction and theology in GWTW and find the 'real Rhett' of historical importance?

I dunno, but it seems like a wishy washy endeavor to me.

As for 'philosophical errors'? Yeah, that's like peer reviewing for spiritual errors... which doesn't seem far from peer reviewing for ghost-theory errors.

But as I say, I wouldn't be making these comments except for the 'hysterical' jab.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You apparently 'know' very little and far more important is the overall structure of your intent. (BTW: You do a disservice to Rabbi Wine.)

jelly

This should be intuitive.:facepalm:
crappy word choice.
are you a seasoned historian, is that why your testimony is eaten up?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Can we please get back on the actual subject of this thread? Jelly, will you not even try to make an effort to state why you don't believe Jesus was a historical character?

Status
Not open for further replies.