• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
kindness.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"We are all capable of helping and hurting. We are all giving at times and selfish at others. Every last one of us has the potential for darkness and light. So forgive others, forgive yourself, look for light in the world, and shine your own. And never forget that people can grow and change. Never stop believing in the healing power of love and kindness. And most importantly, never stop believing in yourself."

~ Lori Deschene

Kindness Archives - Page 2 of 5 - Tiny Buddha

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hello my name is Ziggy, and I am a rescue dog from Cambridge, England. Actually, I am a beautiful Saluki.

A few months ago, my new family came and collected me from Wood Green Animal Shelter. I did my best to impress them when they came to visit me in the kennel … and it worked! My new family is made up of 3 humans - and I have worked out that my new mum is called Natacha, my new dad Mark and my wonderful brother Seby. I love them and they kindly feed me and take me on long walks every day! I am forever grateful for their kindness - you see, a life in a kennel is not a great life. And before the kennel, I was on my own, living in the streets and this was not always fun.

Random Acts of Kindness

For more stories - click on the blog menu at top of page!

Cheers

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If anything, it appears that there is a relationship between non-materialism and well-being. While possessing wealth and material goods doesn’t lead to happiness, giving them away actually does. Generosity is strongly associated with well-being. For example, studies of people who practice volunteering have shown that they have better psychological and mental health and increased longevity. The benefits of volunteering have been found to be greater than taking up exercise, or attending religious services—in fact, even greater than giving up smoking. Another study found that, when people were given a sum of money, they gained more well-being if they spent it on other people, or gave it away, rather than spending it on themselves. This sense of well-being is more than just feeling good about ourselves—it comes from a powerful sense of connection to others, an empathic and compassionate transcendence of separateness, and of our own self-centeredness.

For the rest of the article - click here -

Happiness Comes from Giving and Helping, Not Buying and Having

:)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hello my name is Ziggy, and I am a rescue dog from Cambridge, England. Actually, I am a beautiful Saluki.

A few months ago, my new family came and collected me from Wood Green Animal Shelter. I did my best to impress them when they came to visit me in the kennel … and it worked! My new family is made up of 3 humans - and I have worked out that my new mum is called Natacha, my new dad Mark and my wonderful brother Seby. I love them and they kindly feed me and take me on long walks every day! I am forever grateful for their kindness - you see, a life in a kennel is not a great life. And before the kennel, I was on my own, living in the streets and this was not always fun.

Random Acts of Kindness

For more stories - click on the blog menu at top of page!

Cheers
I'm a sucker for happy ending dog stores.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Change can increase stress levels. This can create anxiety, hostility and health problems. Paul Pearsall, author of The Pleasure Prescription (Hunter House, 1996) talks about a new plague, that "directly or indirectly contributes to early death more than any other factor." The plague Pearsall refers to is the lack of joy in our lives, a vital element for psychological and physiological health. The practise of being kinder is a simple way to make your life more joyful and fulfilling - we have never heard anyone say there is too much joy in their lives! Relax, enjoy, be friendly, laugh, be playful, help others. Focus on the things you enjoy, rather than the things that annoy.

Australian Kindness Movement, Kindness.com.au, Making a real Difference to People, Transforming lives through the Power of Kindness.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Although kindness can be misunderstood as an ineffectual or even superficial nicety, it’s neither. Like many amazing practices I’ve learned through mindfulness training, kindness is inspiring, powerful, courageous and wise. It’s also disarming, compelling and transformative. In any given moment, the kindness you offer to yourself or to others affects what happens in the very next moment.

Like mindfulness itself, kindness is a natural human quality that requires intentional action to realize it’s potential. And like mindfulness, research shows that kindness is good for our physical and our emotional well-being.

Intentional Acts of Kindness

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
People build kindness within their character and train their members to it, like all actions become part of what we are. Therefore be kind, and you will become kind.