• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"A word of kindness is seldom spoken in vain, while witty sayings are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string."

~ George Dennison Prentice

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Loving kindness is a form of love that truly is an ability, and, as research scientists have show, it can be learned. It is the ability to take some risks with our awareness-to look at ourselves and others with kindness instead of reflexive criticism; to include in our concern those to whom we normally pay no attention; to care for ourselves unconditionally instead of thinking, "I will love myself as long as I never make a mistake." It is the ability to gather our attention and really listen to others, even those we've written off as not worth our time. It is the ability to see the humanity in people we don't know and the pain in people we find difficult.”

Sharon Salzberg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"A tree is known for its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love."

~ Saint Basil

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I should dearly love that the world should be ever so little better for my presence. Even on this small stage we have our two sides, and something might be done by throwing all one's weight on the scale of breadth, tolerance, charity, temperance, peace, and kindliness to man and beast. We can't all strike very big blows, and even the little ones count for something."

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Much more at this site - click on the menus such as: Proverbs or poetry or essays ... it looks a huge site! -

Kindness | Wisdom Commons

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found a site with quite a few stories -

My name is Marceen Farsakian. As a first grade teacher I try and center myself around kind, caring people. Teaching young children is my happy place. During my thirty years of teaching it has always been my belief to teach the whole child. To me, meeting the social and emotional needs of a child is just as important, if not more important, than teaching academics. Students seem to grow in all areas when a safe, positive, and nurturing environment is provided for them.

Random Acts of Kindness

For many more kindness stories -

Random Acts of Kindness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“My request today is simple. Today. Tomorrow. Next week. Find somebody, anybody, that’s different than you. Somebody that has made you feel ill-will or even hateful. Somebody whose life decisions have made you uncomfortable. Somebody who practices a different religion than you do. Somebody who has been lost to addiction. Somebody with a criminal past. Somebody who dresses “below” you. Somebody with disabilities. Somebody who lives an alternative lifestyle. Somebody without a home.

Somebody that you, until now, would always avoid, always look down on, and always be disgusted by.

Reach your arm out and put it around them.

And then, tell them they’re all right. Tell them they have a friend. Tell them you love them.

If you or I wanna make a change in this world, that’s where we’re gonna be able to do it. That’s where we’ll start.

Every. Single. Time.”

~ Dan Pearce

My Request Today is Simple…

Scroll down to see more of that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"It's easy and very powerful to be kind and courteous to those who are kind and courteous to you. Yet to experience the full power of your sincere courtesy and kindness, offer them to people who are careless and rude to you."

The Power of kindness by Ralph Marston

Scroll down! for menus! - esp kindness reflections - also makes a good google search ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Forgive Yourself. We all mess up. Look at the following:

Maybe you did something in the past that you’re not proud of.

Perhaps you failed to stand up for yourself and you let someone else get the better of you.

You may have missed a great opportunity because you got scared.

Maybe you failed to follow through on an important goal.

If you’re angry at yourself, you need to show yourself kindness: stop blaming yourself, resolve to do better from now on, and forgive yourself.

For the full article -

17 Ways to Be Kind to Yourself

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."

Click here & scroll down to the menus ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.”

Marvin J. Ashton

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"If your understanding of the divine made you kinder, more empathetic, and impelled you to express sympathy in concrete acts of loving-kindness, this was good theology. But if your notion of God made you unkind, belligerent, cruel, of self-righteous, or if it led you to kill in God's name, it was bad theology."

~ Karen Armstrong