• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Just for today, I will let go of anger. Just for today, I will let go of worry. Today, I will count my many blessings. Today, I will do my work honestly. Today, I will be kind to every living creature.”

~ Mikao Usui

Many more quotes at this site -

Kindness Quotes

Also click on "Words of Kindness"

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body." by Walt Whitman, from the preface of Leaves of Grass, 1855 edition. Public domain.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another wonderful site ...

Simple acts of kindness can have a big impact on the world, as one good deed inspires the next. This evolving list of picture books will motivate your family to help others in ways great and small every day.

Conversation Starters -

• How would we know if someone was having a bad day and may need a little extra kindness?

• What are some safe and simple ways to share kindness with a stranger?

• What acts of kindness have others shared with you recently? How did they make you feel?

• Have you ever thought of doing a kind thing for a stranger, but decided not to out of nervousness? How could you overcome your shyness in the future?
Comes from this excellent page -

Creative Picture Books to Inspire Everyday Acts of Kindness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Living kindness is not some hypothetical idea. It is the artful, daily expression of kindness, compassion and deep respect for all beings regardless of differences in faith, belief, culture, gender, social status and ethnicity. This is kindness with the power of mindful action behind it. Rather than being reduced to a "random acts of kindness" bumper sticker, this kindness is uniquely boundless, purposeful and empowering. It is also more open and forgiving than the self-sacrificing kindness that I learned about in Sunday school. Living kindness is a vehicle by which our love, equanimity and other vital values make contact with the real world. This is kindness where it counts.

Comes from this site -

Living Life with Living Kindness by Donald Altman

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Words, while they can be the sharpest of swords, and the gentlest of touches, cannot fulfill the yearnings of the soul. One cannot say “I love you”, and expect that these words alone will convey undying love for another person. True love requires action, as does kindness, yet what better way to celebrate action than through the beauty of the written word."

http://www.quotablekindness.com/kindness-quotes/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a book excerpt -

My father, like many loving parents, would hold my hand in times of difficulty and challenge. He was teaching me to feel, showing me how just being with someone else is a powerful method of engendering kindness. That human contact allowed me to relax and feel my own strength and potential, opening my heart and letting its natural kindness flow forth.

~ Sakyong Mipham

Comes from this site -

Book Reviews | Books | Spirituality & Practice

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
kahlilgibran2-1-1200x1198.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A WISH

Do you wish the world were better?
Let me tell you what to do !
Set a watch upon your actions, keep