• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bob Votruba lives in converted bus, a response to a mass shooting at Virginia Tech in 2007. Instead of falling into fear and hate, Bob decided to fight hate with kindness. He bought an old school bus, sold everything, and hit the road. His goal? To commit one million acts of kindness in his lifetime. Bob's particular focus is on ending bullying and associated adolescent suicides, but he encourages everyone to take up whatever cause matters to them. He believes that sending out positive energy changes the world around us. It doesn't matter the type of kindness someone puts out into the world - anything from a smile at a stranger, to donating time and money, to building homes. No gift is too big or too small.

Full story here -

The Kindness Bus | DailyGood

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When he was just 6 years old, J.G. Larochette felt a deep calling to bring love and awareness to communities overwrought by racism, oppression, and inequality. While teaching in Richmond, CA, he recognized a significant gap between providing academic instruction and maintaining a sense of nurturance and compassion. "Reading is fundamental, but if we create a stressful environment, we counteract education. Education should be character and content. If we forget about the social-emotional aspect, it's going to create stress and chaos." Larochette addressed this void by founding the Mindful Life Project, a program geared toward the most at-risk students that incorporates mindfulness and stillness practices, along with yoga, expressive arts, and hip-hop. In this Awakin Call, Larochette shares how awakening self-compassion within himself enabled him to bring it to those most in need.

For full story -

Healing Children & Communities One Breath at a Time

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Imagine if we had a richer vocabulary to describe a feeling we readily express, but fail to articulate: love. Sanskrit has 96 words for this emotion, the meaning of which varies with each giver and recipient. The English language lacks a deep vocabulary for feelings, at the expense of our rapid advances in thinking, science, and technology, suggests Robert Johnson. Are we depriving ourselves of a fundamental form of self-expression, limited by our poverty-stricken language?

Ninety-Six Words for Love | DailyGood

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"When I look at babies, I see how worthy we all are. I see that each individual is an artist, ready to paint something soul-fulfilling on the palette of existence. I see how we start out completely innocent and deserving of love.Then we begin to grow, finding our way in a sometimes challenging world. Navigating lifes difficulties sometimes alters our perception of self-worth." In this short, eloquent piece, writer and minister Bonnie Rose shares personal stories and practices that return us to an awareness of our inherent worthiness.

For full story -

As Worthy As You Are, by Bonnie Rose | DailyGood

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Every teenager believes they are invincible," said Zach Sobiech. "It's not the kind of invincible like Superman; it's the kind of invincible like, 'I'll see you in five months.'" Zach didn't have five months. He died of cancer on 20 May 2013, shortly after his 18th birthday. This film gives us glimpses of Zack's enormous capacity for love, his gentle humor, haunting music, and the quiet courage with which he approached the end of his life. It reveals the profound impact of his grace on all those he was about to leave behind. This is a film that will fill your eyes -- and your heart. And if you let it, it just might change your life.

At 18, He Taught Us How To Live Before He Died

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"As anyone who's ever made a habit of eating out can tell you, restaurant service can be unpredictable, unnerving and off-putting. The food can be late. Servers can be rude and management can sometimes seem indifferent to your complaints and needs. This isn't the case at Tim's Place in Albuquerque, N.M., where every meal is accompanied by a hug from owner Tim Harris, who has Down syndrome.At Tim's Place, Harris serves "breakfast, lunch and hugs, but hugs are the best part," he concedes. So far, according to the eatery's website, Harris has doled out almost 32,500 hugs. In fact, Harris greets and hugs every customer who comes through the door, plays host, serves food and oversees several employees."

Owner of the World's Friendliest Restaurant

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
little-drops-of-water-little-grains-of-sand.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Many of us make an effort to be kind to the people we love, but we rarely extend that same effort to our relationship with ourselves. When I started working on my self-relationship, I didn’t even know where to start. It took a few years of fumbling, stumbling, and experimenting until I could identify what, for me, are the five foundations of self-kindness:

The Five Foundations of Self-Kindness - Becoming Who You Are

Also sign-up for free stuff!