• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness matters. It can turn a child’s whole day around, and when you have children who are kind, the day is brighter and more productive too. How can we as teachers improve our kids’ behavior and attitudes towards each other and create a pleasant learning environment through teaching kindness? These 6 ideas and activities for encouraging kindness in the classroom are so easy to implement. I just know you and your classroom students are going to love them.

Teaching Kindness in the Classroom

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Practicing kindness is what helps children tune into other people’s feelings and needs, trust more, step out of their own skins to understand others, and become UnSelfies (“more we, less me” oriented). Each kind act nudges kids to notice others (“I see how you feel”). Care (“I’m concerned about you”), empathize (“I feel with you”) and help and comfort (“Let me ease your pain”). And helping students practice kindness also activates empathy. That’s why I named “Practicing Kindness” as the sixth essential habit of empathy.

Over the last years, I’ve observed countless classrooms around the world as I was researching ways to nurture children’s empathy. Here are a few favorite ways educators help students practice kindness and acquire empathy from my book, UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World. (I’ve included over 300 practical ways based on the latest science, and none cost a dime and are simple to implement).

Character.org Blog | Kindness,

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree.”

~ Marian Wright Edelman

Many more on this page -

Resources