• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

I'm Jeremy, and I want to make the world better than it was yesterday. I write, speak, coach, podcast host, lead retreats, and teach workshops. I am an expert in behavior change who is madly driven by this question -​

WHAT IF KINDNESS WAS COOL?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Jamil Zaki war for kindness

This book is about those medicines, and the science in which they are rooted. With the right treatments—including unlikely friendships, art, and community building—we can grow a more muscular kind of empathy, and broaden our kindness along the way. In these pages, we will meet cops who learn to interact more peacefully with civilians, Hutus and Tutsis moving toward forgiveness after genocide, and lifelong bigots dissolving their hatred. We’ll see ex-convicts discussing novels with the judge who sentenced them, rediscovering their humanity in the process, and NICU physicians and nurses learning to help families through their hardest moments without drowning in their own pain.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The difference between “niceness” and “kindness” is night and day, yet people often use these two words interchangeably, assuming that they’re “basically the same thing.” Well, I hope that I can help clear up that misconception with this article.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Simple ways to be generous

Here is one that caught my attention - it has over 70 suggestions -

Being generous and giving feels amazing.

One of my Core Desired Feelings last year was GENEROSITY. And throughout the year I experimented with how I could feel more generous. Some of the things I did to cultivate generosity include:

∞ Creating a free ebook. And it felt really incredible to put as much thought, effort and consideration into creating this eBook as I would if it was a paid product, and then giving it away for free.

∞ Doing pro-bono coaching work.

∞ Continually creating free content, which included 79 blog posts and 22 inspirational emails to the Infinite community.

∞ Sharing the awesome work of others in my monthly Link Fest posts.

All these things felt AMAZING to do and helped me to feel more generous, and I also discovered this: incorporating small acts of generosity into your daily life will change your life.

Because of this, I thought I would share a list of some of the simple things you can do to feel (and be) more generous.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The kindest people make other people’s day better and brighter. That is a worthy goal in and of itself. But if you need further incentive to be kind to strangers and loved ones, know that you yourself will thrive as you become more compassionate, considerate and caring.

Comes from this HUGE list of articles! -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
These quick, simple acts of kindness can boost your health, happiness and wellbeing

On World Kindness Day, we dive into the surprising psychology of compassion.

It’s World Kindness Day, when people are encouraged to make kindness the norm and commit to being kinder all year round. But, what benefits does kindness have on our body and mind? We look into the science of kindness and why being kind makes you feel good.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.

Cheers!

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I try to show good will to all. Although I'm more logical than friendly. Of course I try to be a neutral observer until my emotions do get caught up in a cause.

I actually prefer to be kind, until it's thrown back in my face as a character flaw.

I've heard it all before; nice guys finish last, or nice people usually want something from you, but nice occasionally means kind.

It's hopeless how people use words.

I prefer to think of kindness as being friendly without expectation of returns. So then kindness is not for me at all, and it's not for the feeling of being received by someone, rather kindness is for the benefit of the other without any selfish motives at all.

Fare the well! That's kindness.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That might be your shortest post in this thread! :)

Yes - it MAY be short but it does lead to quite a few sites I could have posted! For example -

The quote "Treat people with kindness" encapsulates a profound and timeless principle that resonates across cultures, philosophies, and moral frameworks. At its core, this injunction serves as a guiding ethos for harmonious human interaction, encapsulating the essence of empathy, compassion, and understanding. When dissecting the layers of this seemingly simple directive, one unveils a tapestry of interconnected values that speak to the very fabric of human relationships.

Kindness, in this context, is not merely a superficial nicety or a fleeting gesture. It goes beyond politeness and etiquette; rather, it delves into the realm of genuine care and concern for the well-being of others. The call to "treat people with kindness" encourages a mindset that fosters connection and mutual respect. It invites individuals to recognize the shared humanity that binds us all, emphasizing that, regardless of differences, a common thread of dignity unites every person.

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty."

Mother Teresa

Read more here -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Christine Quinn, a dynamic and accomplished politician, has made significant strides in advocating for social justice and LGBTQ+ rights. As the first female and openly gay Speaker of the New York City Council, she wielded considerable influence and utilized her position to drive meaningful change in the city. Quinn's political career has been characterized by her dedication to progressive causes, including affordable housing, healthcare access, and gender equality. Her passion for social issues is rooted in her own experiences, having overcome homelessness and struggled with her sexual orientation.

https://elevatesociety.com/quotes-by-christine-quinn/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present."

Albert Camus

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Generosity begins in our hearts, not our wallets. Before you give, you’re first prompted by God to give. The Bible tells us every single person should give what they have decided in their hearts to give (2 Corinthians 9:7). The greek word for heart in this verse is kardia (kar-dee’-ah). Kardia isn’t referring to the literal physical body part that pumps the blood. Kardia refers to the inner self (our intentions and character). It’s referring to the desires that establish who we really are, what moves and inspires us. This same word is used again when Jesus says, “Where your treasure is there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21).

Money is not good or evil. It is neutral. What determines if money is given out of good or evil? The heart of the one who holds it. Whether managing money or giving it away, our motives and intentions towards money matter to God. This is why Christians must purify and surrender their hearts to God daily. We are called to give wholeheartedly out of our love for God above everything else.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A willing heart

We often hear the expression “willing heart” when people are talking about following Jesus.

I wonder what a “willing heart” actually means.

If you look up the word in a Thesaurus you will find that it will bring up lots of words to describe ‘willing’ – eager, keen, enthusiastic, ready, prepared, agreeable, game, helpful, cooperative, happy and many more. When ‘willing’ is placed with ‘heart’ and applied to our journey with Christ it appears to describe in detail what God is looking for in each of us at various times in our lives. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could apply these words to our faith? I would like to pose a few questions that we need to ask ourselves so that we can state that we have a “willing heart”.

Some of these words we may have often experienced as new Christians but they tend to be put on the back burner as the years pass. They are: ‘eager’, ‘keen’, ‘enthusiastic’ and also ‘game’.

Are we still eager to share our faith story with others? Are we keen to read the bible every day and are we enthusiastic in our praise and in the ministries that we have been given? And if we are then would we dare to be game and take on whatever God is showing us to do?

All the best!