• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As the saying goes, the best things in life are free. And when it comes to kindness, and simple acts to put a smile on someone’s face, it couldn’t be more relevant.

Since the pandemic hit the world in 2020, kindness has become even more important in our society. The pandemic caused uproar in many people’s lives, but what became clear was that small acts of selflessness can go a long way.

Acts of kindness aren’t only good for the person receiving, but also for the person giving. Research shows being kind to others can make us genuinely happy in a number of different ways.

So, to mark Random Acts of Kindness Day, we’ve sourced 15 stories of kindness to make your heart sing – and inspire you to give a little love in your own networks and communities.

[Get a weekly dose of positivity into your inbox with our good news newsletter]

We’ve reached out to the Smiley News community and asked people to share their stories of giving and receiving kindness.

If everyone embraced kindness like these people, wouldn’t our world feel a lot happier?

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What makes a good global citizen?

Work experience volunteer Daisy shares her reflections on what makes a global citizen:

A global citizen is someone who understands and is aware of the world and their place in it. They take an active role in their community and work with others to make the planet more peaceful, sustainable and fairer. Good global citizens volunteer regularly to help out charities and organizations, they also travel as much as possible to explore the globe and the people who live on it. A good global citizen educates people on how to care for the world.

Good global citizens respect culture, gender, faith and other differences. To be a good global citizen you can be patriotic, give back to the community and be a productive member of society.

Good global citizens have care and compassion for others, they always try their best and are honest and trustworthy.

Global citizens are willing to help and cooperate with others, they have their own ideas and express them but are open to changing them if proved wrong.

Global citizens are curious and want to learn more about the world. They look after the environment and don’t waste things. Diversity, independence, empathy and perspective are essential values of global citizenship.

Read more -

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When An Emergency hits, OXFAM is there.

We help people caught up in disasters and conflicts across the world, giving life-saving support to those most in need and helping people rebuild their communities.

View and donate here -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A HUGE list of suggestions at the declutter the mind site -

An act of kindness is a good deed a person can do to show compassion and love to another person. The gesture is done out of the goodness of a person’s heart, with zero expectation of reciprocation.

Acts of kindness can be done towards someone you know like a family member or friend or even to a complete stranger. A good person might do an act of kindness towards another person to make someone feel happy, appreciated, or valued.

There’s also an element of paying it forward. Sometimes people do acts of kindness to lead by example so that others will follow suit and be kind to others. When you do something kind to another person, often people will tell someone else about it or take action and do something kind for someone else. Thus, spreading a positive message about being kind-hearted.

Read the full list of 200+

Plenty more at that site!

Enjoy.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I believe in kindness and karma—which could make me a Buddhist. I believe in mystic healing and crystals’ powers—which could make me a witch. I believe in truth, honor, and forgiveness—which could make me a Christian. I even believe in the existence of past lives and that each and every one of us is watched over by guides from the other side—which, to some, would make me totally woo-woo squared.”

Emma Mildon, The Soul Searcher's Handbook: A Modern Girl's Guide to the New Age World

Much more at the Good Reads site!

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
God loves us with such incredible love. He wants us to experience incredible, life-changing love, mercy, and compassion not only from him, but from those around us. And he wants us to show that love to others.

The call to love and help others in tangible ways — especially those weaker than ourselves — runs throughout the Bible. We’re to love our neighbors, foreigners, our enemies … there’s no getting out of it. The call to love is often difficult, but it’s also a reminder of how God loves us: relentlessly, completely, and without expectation of return.

Here are 30 of our favorite verses about God’s call to love others.

Plenty more at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I'm almost 40, so you'd think I'd be secure enough in myself not to copy what everyone else is doing in the playground.

But recently, when my three-year-old pushed another kid over on the slide, I did what I've seen many parents do: I marched him over to the child he hurt and forced him to apologise.

"SAY SORRY!" I barked.

I wanted to publicly demonstrate what a good parent I am, but even if I could have made him say sorry (and I couldn't), I can't force him to feel sorry, or want to treat other people with kindness. That's got to come from him.

But how do we help guide children to the kind place within, so they can feel kindness deeply for themselves and decide to want to be kind, rather than just be kind because "I said so"?

Scroll down to bottom for more stories.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Love in Action” is about proactively expressing kindness, cooperation, affection, connection and empathy in our relationships with ourselves, each other and the planet.

Through PROJECTS that UPLIFT supports and inspiring STORIES we tell, our global community represents everyone who is motivated to explore love in their life.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sharing popular Bible verses with someone who is struggling can be a comforting reminder of God's eternal love. It's not the only way to help those in need, though. Regularly giving to charities, volunteering at local food banks, and being a reliable source of support during tough times are all powerful ways to uplift others. Bible verses about helping others emphasize the importance of kindness and generosity, even without seeking recognition. It's a good reminder that your actions are making a big difference in the lives of those you help, and God is watching.

As we approach the holidays, reaching out to those less fortunate can be incredibly meaningful. It's a way to remind them that they are not alone and that God is always watching over them. Even when your patience wears thin during difficult times, hearing scripture can inspire a fresh start. That's what these Bible passages are for. You can also share these verses with your family and friends to remind them of your love and willingness to lend a helping hand whenever they need it, or so they can do the same.

Finding both big and small ways to assist others when you can is a valuable addition to your daily life. Teaching kids about caring for others is also an important lesson, and these Bible verses about helping others can help them understand this aspect of Christianity.

Read some of the verses -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to Help Others In Your Community

If you’re eager to make an impact in your local community, here are some simple and thoughtful ways to help others in need.

Help your local food pantry. Today, there are an estimated 12 million children struggling with hunger in America. Contact your local food pantry or give to our partner No Kid Hungry. Your support will help them provide food items for families in need.

Read the rest -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
With the holiday season just around the corner, families and households will soon be gathering to give and receive gifts. Many will also be sending donations to communities in crisis, and organizing charity events and food drives to help others.

The reason for our holiday generosity is obvious to us as adults. We hold a sense of moral responsibility to be kind and get a satisfying feeling of having done a good deed.

For children, it can sometimes be less clear why, when and how they should show kindness to others.

Child psychology researchers have spent decades trying to understand exactly what parents need to do and say with our children to help them truly understand the value and importance of kindness. Based on my research and that of other developmental psychology researchers, here are three things science says parents can do to encourage generosity this holiday season.

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The only thing as alarming as the thought of your child being bullied is the thought that your child might be the bully,

Too many popular fictional characters and – disappointingly enough – political leaders are making bullying behavior seem like normal grown-up protocol.

But isn't bullying just part of childhood?

This question comes up often enough. Sure, teasing is a natural part of childhood. Hurt feelings certainly can't be avoided. From toddlerhood on up, we must all learn to settle conflict and manage disagreements. None of these constitutes bullying.

Social upheaval is not bullying when it is temporary, between peers, and ultimately resolved. On the other hand, bullying is intentionally mean, directed from someone in a position of power or popularity, and ongoing.

It's a growing problem.

For the full article at this huge site -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Now's the time to intentionally expand our social circles.

Let’s throw open the gates to new friendships and new experiences. We must, if we hope to expand our cultural boundaries and unlearn the prejudice that's unraveling our country.

It's hard. I know..

In this odd new world where families live far from one another and parenting is a 24-hour-a-day, 18-year marathon, finding like-minded, loving families to share the fun, the burden, and the car pool is essential.

Finding our village is good for our health. It's good for our jobs. It helps us live longer.

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It is painful to watch someone we care for struggle or hurt. And it’s natural to want to take away her pain or try to fix the problem at hand.

However, despite our best intentions, trying to “fix” does not actually help. It tends to make the person struggling feel as though she cannot share her pain, sadness, or anger. Trying to “fix” sends this message: “I can’t handle seeing you in pain, so I have to make everything better.” It also implies that it is not okay to feel sad or angry or anxious, and that these feelings should be avoided at all costs.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tips for raising global citizens

Recognising unconscious bias can be challenging. It takes work to whittle down the way we think. Understand that this is a learning process. Be patient with yourself. Research the many forms of unconscious bias. This explainer on talking to children about racism is a great place to start.

From this site -

Also the menus - such as How you can help!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to Be a Better Global Citizen

We should all want to be a conscious global citizen. A global citizen is someone who is aware of what’s happening in the world and how they personally, as well as how other global citizens, can impact the world with their actions.

It’s important to strive for a better global impact to create a sustainable, understanding world. How can you become a better global citizen? It’s not as hard as it might sound.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Are humans created for goodness? Can we harness the power of being kind?

In their book, Made For Goodness, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and his daughter write about the power of kindness.

“With all the hardship in the world, it can sometimes be easy to look around and wonder if there’s any goodness.”

That’s why Archbishop Desmond Tutu and his daughter, Reverend Mpho Tutu, say they wrote their new book focusing on the theme that joy and goodness can be found anywhere, if we would only look for it.

“Each kindness enhances the quality of life,” they write. “Each cruelty diminishes it.” Tutu writes that his daughter and he came together to write the book because they believe as a species we are made for goodness.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This year, with a mission that’s more urgent than ever, we’ve embarked on an ambitious campaign that spans the world. With a focus on empowering adolescent girls and women, tackling climate change, and addressing the systemic barriers that keep people in poverty, so that we can End Extreme Poverty NOW, we’re calling on world leaders, corporations, and philanthropists to do more than they’ve ever done before.

Why? Because the world needs it. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccine rollouts have been grossly unequal, the gap between the rich and the poor only continues to widen, climate change is already ravaging the planet, and without immediate action, could push 132 million more people into extreme poverty by 2030, and women and girls have fared worse across nearly every metric.

What’s worse, it can seem like the world’s leaders aren’t doing enough. They wax lyrical about green promises and a more equal world but then sneak in plans to reinvest in fossil fuels or overturn key sexual and reproductive health and rights legislation that protected a woman’s right to choose.