• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We have created a list of daily acts of kindness to help you incorporate doing good into our daily routine, of the easiest ones to keep is to be better, to be kinder, and to do good deeds to help others.

Goodnet has compiled a list of small, simple acts that are sure to make a difference and can be done with little or no cost. Doing just one act of kindness every day, the world of 2024 can be a better place.

It is QUITE a list of suggestions!!!!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness put a note in a book

For example -

It’s the final week of the 100 Acts of Kindness Project! This week we are focusing on doing acts of kindness in the world around us. We love getting books from the library so decided to spread some kindness to a stranger with a library book note!

We’ve written library letters before and there is something about the idea of leaving a note in a book you’ve loved for a stranger to find that is so much fun.

Making your own library book note is super easy! I cut out a bunch of heart shapes for the kids and they wrote and drew on them. Then we stuck them inside a book and returned it to the library for someone to find.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Loads more at that site!

100 Acts of Kindness Printables for Kids

Don’t let being busy or intimidated stop you from joining the 100 Acts of Kindness Challenge! We have a TON of resources to help you get started and a Facebook group full of people just like you sharing ideas and supporting each other.

Here are all of the free printables we’ve shared over the years to help make doing the 100 Acts of Kindness easy and fun:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How To Listen When Someone You Love Is Struggling

Life presents us each with challenges. While it is often uncomfortable and painful to grapple with adversity, to experience this struggle and to feel pain is to be human. At some point, we will all find ourselves in this place, as will those we love. So how can we help each other? How can we listen when someone we love is struggling, whether it is with a mental health condition or with a painful experience in his/her life?

It is painful to watch someone we care for struggle or hurt. And it’s natural to want to take away her pain or try to fix the problem at hand. However, despite our best intentions, trying to “fix” does not actually help. It tends to make the person struggling feel as though she cannot share her pain, sadness, or anger. Trying to “fix” sends this message: “I can’t handle seeing you in pain, so I have to make everything better.” It also implies that it is not okay to feel sad or angry or anxious, and that these feelings should be avoided at all costs.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Helping someone with depression

Plus suggested!

If someone you love is depressed, you may be experiencing any number of difficult emotions, including helplessness, frustration, anger, fear, guilt, and sadness. These feelings are all normal. It’s not easy dealing with a friend or family member’s depression. And if you neglect your own health, it can become overwhelming.

That said, your companionship and support can be crucial to your loved one’s recovery. You can help them to cope with depression symptoms, overcome negative thoughts, and regain their energy, optimism, and enjoyment of life. Start by learning all you can about depression and how to best talk about it with your friend or family member. But as you reach out, don’t forget to look after your own emotional health—you’ll need it to provide the full support your loved one needs.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to be a better human being

For example -

We all want to be our best, but many people wonder if it's actually possible to become a better person once you're an adult. The answer is a resounding yes. There are always ways to improve yourself. This answer leads to more questions, however.

How can you improve yourself to be a better person? What is the easiest approach? And what are the most important aspects of self to work on? Taking into account your own well-being as well as the best interests of others, here are some of the most important ways to become a better person.

Comes from this site -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to be more generous

I totally believe in putting out into the world what you want to receive more of yourself.

So, if you want the world to be more generous or want more generosity in your life it starts with you.

One of my Core Desired Feelings last year was GENEROSITY. And throughout the year I experimented with how I could feel more generous. Some of the things I did to cultivate generosity include:

Creating a free ebook. And it felt really incredible to put as much thought, effort and consideration into creating this eBook as I would if it was a paid product, and then giving it away for free.

Doing pro-bono coaching work.

Continually creating free content, which included 79 blog posts and 22 inspirational emails to the Infinite community.

Sharing the awesome work of others in my monthly Link Fest posts.

All these things felt AMAZING to do and helped me to feel more generous, and I also discovered this: incorporating small acts of generosity into your daily life will change your life.

Comes from this site -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
goldenageofgaia.com kindness

So many of you feel like you aren’t important enough to make a difference. We are here to tell you otherwise!

Your conscious choices add to the whole every single time you make them. Simple acts of kindness are something that anyone can do and are so important because they are declarations of who you are and also emit an energy that serves the whole.

Please understand it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Your small acts of kindness ripple out just as large ones do. In fact, consistent small contributions of kindness mean just as much as random grand acts if not more, because they support the shift through their constancy.

One huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.”

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community.”

Anthony J. D’Angelo

“Self-absorption in all its forms kills empathy, let alone compassion. When we focus on ourselves, our world contracts as our problems and preoccupations loom large. But when we focus on others, our world expands. Our own problems drift to the periphery of the mind and so seem smaller, and we increase our capacity for connection – or compassionate action.”

Daniel Goleman

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Printed over 2.5 million times, The Be Kind Pledge is implemented in schools across the country, reminding students to be kind people. The Be Kind Pledge teaches 10 essential skills of kindness, setting expectations using positive language. The evidence-based character education model helps students learn pro-active solutions for bullying, cyberbullying, civility, respect, and success. This positive learning approach is shaping the next generation of citizens and leaders.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Karma kindness - seveal -

Am I a kind soul? As an existential question, it’s right up there with Why do I exist? Moreover, how do I know if I’m on the correct track?

Until a few years ago, the subject of kindness was at the bottom of everyone’s priority list. We had far more important things on our minds, such as climbing the corporate ladder and completing all assignments on time, until things came to a halt and the pandemic made its way into our lives. We started to question ourselves Am I a kind soul?

So what is the act of kindness? Are you a kind soul? Are you spreading good karma around?

Act of kindness is the act of choosing to help others or yourself out of real warm feelings.

Act of kindness, or doing good, frequently entails prioritising the needs of others over our own. It can be a warm embrace, a supportive smile, or a helpful hand when we need it the most – but don’t anticipate it.

It is like a deep cleaning breath in a world full of struggle and grief; it rejuvenates us with its purity, refreshes us with its goodness, and gives us the power to endure despite our difficulties. It not only makes us feel good but giving back and helping others has been shown to boost our own mental health and well-being as well. Let’s find out how.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Creating good karma is not about being religious. One need not even be a Buddhist or belong to any religious faith to create good karma. What you do need is to develop a kind attitude toward others. As His Holiness the Dalai Lama repeatedly says, “My religion is kindness.” So creating good karma is simply about being kind. Not just for a moment but always, throughout one’s life, in every aspect of our living, in every relationship, in the way we conduct our business, in all our interactions – when you approach everything you do motivated by an attitude of kindness you are creating a great deal of good karma, the kind that creates the cause for others to be kind to you. It is the surest way of developing a life where aggravations simply dissipate.. …

Read the complete article as a PDF.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to be kind to strangers

How to be kind seems simple enough. But sometimes it feels impossible to be kind and loving, don’t you think? We get so angry and frustrated at events happening in our lives that we cannot access that loving place inside of us. Instead, our eyes go from side to side as our fists clench and minds whirl with angry thoughts. Some of us even spew those thoughts out into the world with our talk and our actions.

Or sometimes we just don’t know what to do. We have a nagging feeling that we need to be doing something, but we’re just not sure what.

When this happens, I always like to sit down and take a moment to reflect. I know that, when you love someone, there must be a better way and that the best antidote to these feelings is to act loving even if I don’t feel very much like doing so. And sometimes I just need a little more help – some prompts, ideas, things to get me going, to shift my emotions. So I made this list of 87 ways to be kind and loving. So next time you feel stuck and are unsure how to be kind in that moment, check this list and you will definitely find something to get you moving in the right direction.

Please share this list freely because there just can’t be too much kindness and love in the world.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What goes around comes around - and with kindness it really does. Research shows that being kind to others increases our own levels of happiness as well as theirs. What's more it has a knock-on effect - kindness is contagious, so it makes our communities nicer places to be.

Recent research into brain functioning has confimed that we are hard-wired for love and compassion. So it's not all chasing about individual success - our communities and society flourish when people look out for each other.

When we're kind to people we know it strengthens our connections with them and provides a source of support. Research shows that we may benefit from giving support more than those receiving it - and we're also more likely get support in return when we need it. This may not be like-for-like support, or even from the same person, but being kind to others builds a wider support network which increases well-being all round.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Share stories about kindness - more than I really expected? -

30 Stories About the Touching Kindness of Strangers That’ll Make You Tear Up

We asked readers for first-hand accounts of compassion. Here are 30 stories on kindness that touched your lives—and our hearts.

A couple of years ago, I stumbled off the subway in Upper Manhattan, exhausted after a long and stressful day at work, dreaming about the warmth of my bed. I stopped in a 7/11 on the way to my apartment to buy a bag of popcorn (treat yourself!). A man about three times my size stood in front of me at the register buying a pack of cigarettes and turned toward me, telling me I looked tired. I smiled uncomfortably and became noticeably more alert, as a young woman does when a strange man starts talking to her at night. He turned toward the cashier and said that he was going to get my snack too. I politely declined and was already pulling out my wallet, but this man wouldn’t allow me to say no. He handed the cashier a couple of extra dollars to cover my popcorn and told me that he hoped my night got better. He walked out of the store and I never saw him again.

The world could use a little more kindness. It’s so easy to get caught up in your own routine and everyday personal worries that sometimes we just don’t remember to tune into those around us. The man who paid for my popcorn has stuck with me and inspired me to pay it forward to others who look like they could use a hand. It feels great to be kind, so it’s a win-win! Maybe you need a little guidance on random acts of kindness, but these stories of kindness will definitely encourage you to pass the compassion along. A little bit can go a long way. And if you’re looking for more inspiration, check out these kindness quotes, kindness memes, and acts of kindness for kids.

Read many more kind stories here -

Enjoy your browsing!