• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The world isn’t filled with ‘haters’ and ‘toxic people.’ It’s filled with people who are hurting and trying, ineffectively, to give themselves some relief. So distance yourself if you must, but try to do it with empathy, not judgment. The only cure for ‘haters’ is love, so try to show them more kindness than they showed you. This is how we can slowly make the world a more loving place.

Tiny Buddha

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart."

~ Maya Angelou

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart."

~ Maya Angelou
Kindness and humor are sovereign remedies for oneself and others.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a recent site comes this -

I'm currently at a unique university, an inclusive campus where 46 speech and hearing impaired students graduate each year. I have been doing one on one sessions with these students to help them get clear on their goals, have a reality check of where they are and have a plan in place for next three months. Every morning, I made it a practice of setting the intention in my heart of "May I be an instrument for them to get what they need right now."

Well worth reading the whole story -

Listening Even When You Don't Understand | KindSpring.org

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another site with stories - for example -

My kids and I went to Target yesterday and bought 12 “movie box” M&Ms for $1 each. We gift wrapped each box and decorated them with ribbons. My kids typed a note to each of their teachers, thanking them for their hard work and signed them anonymously.

We put the M&Ms, a Kindness Card, and a Smile Stone in a brown paper lunch bag, and stapled the personalized note to close the bag. Then we took the bags to the school office and had them place one in each teacher’s mailbox.

It also has quotes and cards and more projects ...

SpreadKindness.org

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Serve and be kind to others.
  • Treat everyone with kindness. Not only does it help others to feel better, but you will notice that you too feel good after having a positive interaction with others.

• Speak well of others. When you speak negatively of others you will attract more negativity to yourself, but when you speak positively of others, you will attract more positivity.

• Truly listen to others. Be present and mindful to what others are really saying when they speak. Support them without bringing yourself into it.

• Be careful with your words. Speak gentler, kinder, and wiser.

• Respect others and their free will.

• Put your trust in others and be trusted in return. Enjoy the sense of community and friendship that comes from this openness and faith in one another.

• Work as part of a whole. See others as partners in your efforts. Unite your efforts with them to create a synergy more powerful than anything you could do alone.

• Practice generosity and giving without expecting anything in return. Get involved with service opportunities and offer what you can to a greater cause.

• Smile more– to family, to co-workers, to neighbors, to strangers– and watch it not only change how you feel but also how they feel too.
Comes from this site -

http://findinghappinessmovie.com/happiness-tips/

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Wouldn’t it be great if you could walk into a store and buy lifelong happiness? The idea’s not as fanciful as it sounds—as long as whatever you buy is meant for someone else.

Two recent studies suggest that giving to others makes us happy, even happier than spending on ourselves. What’s more, our kindness might create a virtuous cycle that promotes lasting happiness and altruism.

Kindness Makes You Happy… and Happiness Makes You Kind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness. That’s a word we don’t hear a lot these days. Perhaps it seems antiquated in our competitive, social-media-infused, politically contentious culture—reserved for fools and chumps, not for those who want to get ahead.

But nothing could be further from the truth, according to Tara Cousineau, researcher and author of the new book The Kindness Cure. In today’s world, she argues, we need to cultivate kindness more than ever—not only for the sake of our society, but for our own well-being.

How to Start a Kindness Revolution

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind."

~ Henri Frederic Amiel