• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do you remember the last time you received an unexpected call, text or email from someone who intentionally said something complimentary to you? How did it make you feel? Did it brighten your mood? Did it bring a smile to your face? What impression did this person make on you?

When I consider the different types of impressions we make on people, there are very few more powerful then when you do something unexpectedly to show people they are important to you. It could be a simple text message telling a friend how much you value the friendship or a short email to a co-worker complimenting him or her on the way he or she handled a difficult situation at the office today.

25 Unexpected Ways to Make Someone’s Day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We've all had those sorts of experiences where simple acts of kindness make our day. Do you remember the last time someone made your day? Do you remember how it made you feel? Did you realize that it's super easy to make someone else's day?

It's true! Your own purposeful or random acts of kindness can make others feel special. If you follow the Golden Rule, you know that you should be treating others as you'd like to be treated. If you like it when someone makes your day, then start by making someone else's day first! You never know when your actions will pay it forward and lead others to do the same.

Much more at this site -

How Can You Make Someone’s Day?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
0197922f93e8dcced821e85a308b1cf9.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/442267625884533831/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
myshineproject.com kindness

For example -

Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card. Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we’re at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I’d give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when the give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information … My first name, city, and a description of what I did.

If the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing.

From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness.

The full-article is here -

Spread the love: Pass it forward - Magical Daydream

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found a site about the Jewish faith & teachings ...

To sharpen the focus on kindness, it is instructive to compare it with other important values. One of the great masters of the ages, Rabbi Judah Loew, known as the Maharal of Prague, contrasts acts of personal kindness, chesed, with acts of charity tzedakah.

The Talmud records the basic differences:

The Rabbis taught: In three ways is kindness greater charity. Charity is done with money; kindness can be either with one's person or one's money. Charity is for the poor; kindness can be done for either the poor or the rich. Charity is for the living; kindness can be done for the living or the dead.

Maharal expands upon the difference: Charity is sparked by the demands of compassion. One cannot bear to see a person in pain or starving, so his sense of sympathy compels him to help that person. If there were no pitiful situation, would be no compassion necessary and no charity given.

But kindness requires a broader, more sensitive heart that entails developing a chesed persona – integrating it into one's personality. In such an event, chesed will not be a value forthcoming only in response to sadness, but an ever-present quality which will anticipate needs, construct wholesome situations, and initiate acts of benevolence for needs undetected by others.

Comes from this site -

Day to Day Judaism: Kindness

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What I regret most in my life are failures of kindness. Those moments when another human being was there, in front of me, suffering, and I responded ... sensibly. Reservedly. Mildly.

Or, to look at it from the other end of the telescope: Who, in your life, do you remember most fondly, with the most undeniable feelings of warmth? Those who were kindest to you, I bet. It’s a little facile, maybe, and certainly hard to implement, but I’d say, as a goal in life, you could do worse than: Try to be kinder.

From this page -

Kindness Includes Everything, by George Saunders

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness says: “I want you to be happy.” To be kind means to be friendly, caring, generous, benevolent, considerate, respectful, fair and affectionate. We all know in our hearts when we have received or offered kindness because of the warm feeling it brings. Is there anyone who does not want to experience kindness from another person?

More here -

Kindness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a review of a kindness handbook -

"It takes boldness, even audacity, to step out of our habitual patterns and experiment with a quality like kindness — to work with it and see just how it might shift and open up our lives," writes meditation teacher Sharon Salzberg. She continues: "For kindness to be more fully realized it needs to be distinguished from being ineffectual or meek. It needs to be infused with wisdom. Kindness needs to be supported by courage and threaded with balance."

The Kindness Handbook | Book Reviews | Books | Spirituality & Practice

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Loving-kindness meditation is the practice of sending well-wishes towards yourself and other people. It’s effortless. You simply sit with your eyes closed, and imagine sending love and kind thoughts. Loving-kindness meditation offers a beautiful way to connect with your child, has a calming effect, and only takes a few minutes to do.

With this exercise, we focus on teaching the child about the power of their thought and actions on others. We often focus on teaching children how to not make others feel bad, but how often do we spend time teaching them about spreading joy and gratitude to each other, to focus only on spreading the positive.

http://blissfulkids.com/mindfulness-for-children-loving-kindness-sending-kind-thoughts/