• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Koran is the Word of God? How do we know this?

Fatihah

I've directed you towards two entire books, neither of which are the word of God, but are better than the Qur'an in my opinion. It is your responsibility to pick them up from your local library and read them yourself, as at least one of them should be readily available. (I don't have it with me, and I can't type out a portion of it for a couple of reasons: One, copyright laws, I don't know if I can legally do so, and two: the best parts of the book come near the end, and I don't want to spoil it; Jurassic Park is a novel, after all.)

...OH, wait!! I get it. The challenge is to produce a "remake" or a "sequal" to the Qur'an. (Or just a plain rip-off.) Is that right?

Response: But your not explaining how it's like the qur'an or proving how it shows that the qur'an is not from Allah. Until you've done so, it's mentioning is pointless.

But before you do so, perhaps it would be best to read the following explanation:

It is a common response that everytime this challenge is stated, someone responds with something like, "can you produce something like Shakespere or a symphony like Beethoven? If not, does this mean that they are prophets of God?"

So before the thread is filled with those type of responses, let me explain further. The challenge is to produce a chapter "like" the qur'an. Therefore, it does not mean to simply write something in arabic and think you've accomplished something. What is the qur'an? Well what is any religous scripture? It is supposed to be inspiration from God. It's purpose is to inspire people to follow its teachings. So to produce a chapter like the qur'an means to produce a chapter as inspirational and as successful as the qur'an.

So what's the purpose of that? Well by doing so, you learn the miracle of the qur'an. And what is that miracle? The miracle is the following:
It is impossible for a person/s to create their own religion and use their made up religion to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation.

This is the miracle of the qur'an. This is the miracle of Muhammad. This is a challenge for those who claim that the religion of islam is man made as well as the qur'an. Muhammad used a religion to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation. So to those who claim that this was the act of a man made religion, then why don't you do the same? Why don't you create your own religion and see how far you get? And when you do, you will fail. Not only will you will fail, you will fail miserably. Muhammad conquered Arabia. I guarantee you, you won't even be able to conquer your own neighborhood. And once you fail, you will be forced to ask yourself the question "why was it possible for Muhammad but impossible for me and anyone else?" That is when you will come to realize that it was the help of Allah that made it possible for Muhammad. Without Allah, even Muhammad would have failed. You disagree, the 1400+ year challenge still stands.

blueman

God's Warrior
OK, I've heard it way too many times, and I haven't heard a convincing argument yet. So, please bring it on. Where is this "proof" that the Qur'an is the word of God?
The Quran is no more the word of God than Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the word of God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The Quran is no more the word of God than Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the word of God.
What!?
eek2.gif

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs isn't the word of god!?

OMG!
My world view!

It's...

it's MELTING!!

ThereIsNoSpoon

Well what is any religous scripture? It is supposed to be inspiration from God. It's purpose is to inspire people to follow its teachings. So to produce a chapter like the qur'an means to produce a chapter as inspirational and as successful as the qur'an.
To produce a chapter that is as successfull as the whole quran is somewhat strange a request i would say. Nobody can see that in the surah. I guess you mean to produce a surah that is as inspirational to people as one in the quran.

Sorry but THAT challenge DEFINETLY has been met already. Take the bahai faith. What do you think those folk think when they read their scriptures? You think they are "disgusted"?

If that is not sufficient take the Kojiki.
Shinto religion.

Not enough?
Take Cheondoism
take Tenrikyo
take Cao Dai

just to name a few and all AFTER Islam.

If we included those before islam (to meet your statement of "success" which nobody can find in the quran at all) then according to your logic islam would have failed its challenge before its birth as christianity is even now (still) the more successfull one.

kai

ragamuffin
To produce a chapter that is as successfull as the whole quran is somewhat strange a request i would say. Nobody can see that in the surah. I guess you mean to produce a surah that is as inspirational to people as one in the quran.

Sorry but THAT challenge DEFINETLY has been met already. Take the bahai faith. What do you think those folk think when they read their scriptures? You think they are "disgusted"?

Shinto religion.

Not enough?
Take Cheondoism
take Tenrikyo
take Cao Dai

If we included those before islam (to meet your statement of "success" which nobody can find in the quran at all) then according to your logic islam would have failed its challenge before its birth as christianity is even now (still) the more successfull one.

you see, the thing is it has to be acceptable to Muslims, because non muslims do not think the Quran is anything special in the first place. and here's the bottom line there can never be anything equal to the Quran because the Quran says so.

Dont forget the old testament and the new testament ( the un corrupted versions anyway) were Islamic revelations given to Moses and Jesus who were Muslims.anything else from any other religion is probably considered not to be from Allah in the first instance.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Thats right Kai,any Human that has walked the Earth is born a Muslim from Mr and Mrs Ugg in their Cave eating their Sabretoothe Tiger Burger to the new arrival to mr and Mrs Smith at 32 Acacia Avenue therefore Islam predates every religion and the Quran is the final word of God revealed through the last Prophet and is the only true religion.
Although it must be said some of the OT and NT are accepted and a well known song by Solomon but none come close to the miracle of the Quran for eloquence and beauty therefore it can never be surpassed because the Quran says so,there is no room to think otherwise,well for a Muslim that is.

ThereIsNoSpoon

you see, the thing is it has to be acceptable to Muslims, because non muslims do not think the Quran is anything special in the first place. and here's the bottom line there can never be anything equal to the Quran because the Quran says so.
Of course. the problem is already in the first sentence.
A muslim CANT (already by mere definition ) accept any verse as better than the quran.
Thats why in my experiments i told several muslims that my verses were from the quran. Those that had not memorized it didnt criticize them at all.

kai

ragamuffin
Of course. the problem is already in the first sentence.
A muslim CANT (already by mere definition ) accept any verse as better than the quran.
Thats why in my experiments i told several muslims that my verses were from the quran. Those that had not memorized it didnt criticize them at all.

Thats right, you tricked them you devil:) but its not just any Muslim you must try and convince its Muslims that know the Quran that understand the Quran, that know every nuance of the language etc, etc, they cannot be tricked, and of course its impossible, not because you couldnt do it, but because the Quran says its impossible.

kai

ragamuffin
Thats right Kai,any Human that has walked the Earth is born a Muslim from Mr and Mrs Ugg in their Cave eating their Sabretoothe Tiger Burger to the new arrival to mr and Mrs Smith at 32 Acacia Avenue therefore Islam predates every religion and the Quran is the final word of God revealed through the last Prophet and is the only true religion.
Although it must be said some of the OT and NT are accepted and a well known song by Solomon but none come close to the miracle of the Quran for eloquence and beauty therefore it can never be surpassed because the Quran says so,there is no room to think otherwise,well for a Muslim that is.

yes thats right England! so all that's left our reversion to submission. so you first !!!!!!!!!

ThereIsNoSpoon

Thats right, you tricked them you devil:) but its not just any Muslim you must try and convince its Muslims that know the Quran that understand the Quran, that know every nuance of the language etc, etc, they cannot be tricked, and of course its impossible, not because you couldnt do it, but because the Quran says its impossible.
Yep, as i mentioned earlier already. It just depends on whether the person is a muslim or not and if it is one then it depends on the knowledge of the quran.

IF (Person==MUSLIM) AND (PERSON.knowsIslam()==True) {
verseAccepted = False
} ELSE {
verseAccepted = dependsOnYourText();
}

Fatihah

Shinto religion.

Not enough?
Take Cheondoism
take Tenrikyo
take Cao Dai

Response: There's the statement. Where's the proof?